Zantac. 150 mg. 10 tablets
Zantac. 150 mg. 10 tablets
What is and contents ZANTAC
The tablets are round, white to pale yellow . Each tablet contains 150 mg of the drug ranitidine ( ranitidine ) in the form of ranitidine hydrochloride ( Ranitidine hydrochloride). Medicament contains the following inactive ingredients : sodium bicarbonate , monosodium citrate anhydrous , povidone , sodium benzoate ( E211 ) , flavors ( orange and grapefruit ) , sweetener ( aspartame) . Each tablet contains 328 mg of sodium.
Pack size : 10 tablets . How do tablets
The drug substance in ZANTAC, ranitidine, is the group of so called H2- antagonists. It reduces the amount of acid in the stomach , so I used:
• Treatment and prevention of ulcers of the stomach and duodenum ;
• Removal of an infection caused by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, always with an antibiotic ;
• Prevention of bleeding ulcers ;
• Treatment and prevention of problems caused by the presence of acid in the esophagus or excess acid in the stomach, which can sometimes cause pain or discomfort known as indigestion , dyspepsia or heartburn ;
• prevention of ulcers which may be an undesirable effect of administration of drugs for the treatment of arthritis ;
• In order to prevent reflux of acid from the stomach during the anesthesia prior to surgery .
If you are unsure about anything, ask your doctor.
Before taking the tablets
Before taking ZANTAC, you should ask yourself the following questions:
• Do you know you are allergic to ZANTAC, ranitidine or other component of the product?
• Are you pregnant , you trying to get pregnant ?
• Are you breast feeding ?
• Did you tell your doctor that your kidneys are not functioning properly or to follow a low-salt diet?
• Are you aware that you have any of the rare disease phenylketonuria ?
If the answer to any of the above questions is to consult a doctor before taking . Even in these circumstances, your doctor may decide that it is necessary administration of ZANTAC.
How to take tablets
Take the tablets as prescribed by your treating lekar.Lekaryat determine the dosage and duration of drug lechenieto.Vazhno is to be accepted in the determined vreme.Obichaynata dosage is 150 mg ( 1 tablet ) in the morning and 150 mg ( 1 tablet) night or 300 mg ( 2 tablets) before lyagane.Postavete as many tablets as prescribed in a glass of water (not less than 75 ml) and stir with a spoon until dissolved . Swallow the dissolved tablet . Dose greater than two tablets should dissolve in water more .
Once you start taking the tablets
After a few days you should feel better, but do not stop taking the tablets for pain or discomfort may occur again. Most people who take this medicine , it does not create problems. As with all medicines , some patients may experience side effects .
What to do if you miss a dose
If you forget to take a dose, do not worry. Take the dose as soon as you remember and then continue to the next dose accurately according to the preset time. However, if it is almost time for your next dose , wait until it occurs and adopts the next dose. Do not take a double dose !
What to do if you take too many tablets
Stick to your recommended dosage. Unlikely epriemaneto more tablets cause danger to you unless you take too many tablets at once, or if you are a low-salt diet ( with less sodium). In this case, contact your physician immediately or call an ambulance !
Along with their useful effects the drug may cause side effects . The safety of ranitidine has been established by its wide use around the world for more than ten years, and most people who take it , it causes problems . However, as with any other drug , it can lead to undesirable reaktsii.Nyakoi people are allergic to certain drugs . If soon after you start taking the tablets are experiencing any of the following effects , discontinue the drug and contact your doctor immediately :
- Sudden wheezing or tightness in the chest ;
- Swelling of eyelids, face or lips with or without irregular rash anywhere on the skin of the body;
- Unexplained fever ;
- A feeling of light-headedness , especially when standing up.
Consult a physician as soon as possible if you notice any of the following side effects:
Inflammation of the liver , which may cause one or more of the following conditions :
- Nausea ;
- Vomiting ;
- Loss of appetite ;
- Malaise ;
- Fever ;
- Itching ;
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes ;
- Dark urine ;
- Confusion ;
- Slow or irregular heartbeat ;
- Unusual fatigue , shortness of breath or susceptibility to infections or injury that may be caused by changes in the blood picture ;
- Severe abdominal pain in rare cases caused by inflammation of the pancreas;
- Blurred vision.
Consult a physician as soon as your next visit if you notice any of the following side effects:
- Pain in the muscles or joints ;
- Anxiety ;
- Hallucinations ;
- Uncontrolled movements ( this condition is usually temporary and improves upon discontinuation of treatment ) ;
- Inflammation of blood vessels ( vasculitis) ;
- Hair loss ( alopecia ) ;
- Increased breast tenderness and / or enlargement of their men. Reversible disruption of sexual function ( impotence ) . Disturbance in sexual function is usually reversible and the condition improves on stopping the medicine .
- Headache ;
Sometimes your doctor may prescribe antibiotics that cause diarrhea. If you feel uncomfortable or have unusual and unexplained malaise tell lekarya.Ako not feel relief after treatment or experience worsening despite treatment , tell your doctor immediately .
How to store the tablets
Keep your tablets in a dry place at a temperature below 30 ° C.
Keep medicines out of the reach of children.
Do not use the tablets after the expiry date shown on the packaging.