Vibramycin. 100 mg. 10 capsules
Vibramycin. 100 mg. 10 capsules
What's in your medicine
Capsules of 100 mg: Each capsule contains 100 mg of doxycycline hyclate .
Assistive veshtestea : alginic acid , lactose, magnesium stearate , corn starch and sodium lauryl sulphate
What kind of medicine is Vibramycin
Vibramycin belongs to a group of medicines called tetracycline antibiotics. It is used to treat many different types ve infections. For what use is your medicine
Your doctor may prescribe Vibramycin to treat infections such as :
• Chest or lung infections , eg . bronchitis , pneumonia ;
• Infections of the genitourinary tract , eg . cystitis , urethritis , epididimoorhit ;
• Acne ;
• Eye infections ;
• Sexually transmitted diseases , eg . gonorrhea , syphilis, chlamydia ;
• Anthrax , including pulmonary form of infection.
Vibramycin is also used to prevent the development of certain infections, such as non-return fever , diarrhea and leptospirosis passenger .
Your doctor may prescribe Vibramycin to treat another infection not listed above. Also , you may be prescribed an additional medicine to take with Vibramycin to treat your infection and can be prescribed Vibramycin for the prevention of certain infections . If in doubt , consult your doctor.
Before you start to take your medicine
If you answered YES to any of these questions , do not take Vibramycin .
• Do they tell you that you are allergic to Vibramycin or any other tetracycline antibiotic ?
• Are you pregnant or trying to become pregnant you ?
• Are you breast feeding ?
• Is medication prescribed for a child under 8 years ?
Tetracyclines should not be applied during the period of tooth development ( during pregnancy , in infants and children younger than 8 years) , since they can lead to a permanent change in the color of the developing teeth ( yellow- gray -brown ) .
Pseudomembranous colitis has been reported with almost all antibiotics , including the use of Vibramycin , the degree of expression is different. So if during your treatment with Vibramycin appear diarrhea, tell your doctor immediately .
Infrequently intake of tetracycline antibiotic , including a Vibramycin , immediately before going to bed is likely to cause irritation or occurrence of nodules in the area of the throat and pharynx .
The use of Vibramycin may increase the incidence of vaginal candidiasis (inflammation of the vagina caused by fungi and appearing with itching and possible occurrence of whites ) .
Prolonged treatment with Vibramycin is necessary to periodically monitor the function of the hematopoietic system , kidneys and liver.
If you answer YES to any of these questions , tell your doctor before taking Vibramycin .
• Are there likely to be exposed to strong sunlight or ultraviolet light (eg, tanning beds ) ? Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight or artificial ultraviolet light while taking Vibramycin . Stop taking this medicine if you are experiencing photosensitivity (eg , skin rashes idr . ) .
• you have liver problems ?
If it is suspected that you are suffering from syphilis , your doctor will continue to monitor your condition after completion of therapy.
Can Vibramycin can be taken with other drugs
Some medicines may interact with Vibramycin . You should inform
Your doctor if you are taking any of the medicines listed below.
Consult your doctor if you are taking any other medicines :
• Antacids (used to treat indigestion ) , iron preparations , oral administration of bismuth subsalicylate or zinc : If you are taking these medicines together with Vibramycin , it may interfere with its operation .
• Warfarin or coumarin anticoagulants (used to prevent blood clotting) : Tetracyclines may enhance the action of these drugs.
• Oral contraceptives ( pills for birth control) : Concomitant use of birth control pills and tetracyclines can reduce the impact of contraception and increase the likelihood of unwanted pregnancy
• penicillin antibiotics (used to treat infections) : Vibramycin can reduce the effects of these antibiotics.
• Alcohol: Alcohol can suppress the effects of Vibramycin .
• Carbamazepine, phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy) and barbiturates (used to control epilepsy or sedatives ): Reduces effects of Vibramycin .
• Concurrent administration of Vibramycin and methoxyflurane leads to irreversible kidney damage .
• Concurrent administration of Vibramycin and retinoids for systemic use increases the risk of intracranial hypertension.
In some cases it is possible to obtain false positive results of some laboratory tests in urine tests .
Can you drive while taking this medicine
This medicine should not affect your ability to drive.
How to take your medicine
Vibramycin should only be taken by mouth.
Usual Dose: 200 mg every other day , and then 100 mg per day , typically for a period of 7 days.
Acne : 50 mg per day for 6-12 weeks.
Children over 8 years : Your doctor will determine the dose you should receive your child depending on its weight.
Physicians may employ dosages other than the ones according to the type of infection. Consult your doctor if you are unsure of what you are prescribed the drug.
Take Vibramycin capsules with copious amounts of fluids to reduce the risk of irritation and ulceration ( appearance of sores ) of the esophagus.
It is best to take your medicine at the same time each day sitting or standing .
If your stomach is upset . Vibramycin can be taken with milk or food.
Take the capsules throughout the course of treatment even if you feel better. If you stop taking the capsules too soon , the infection may return .
What to do if you take too many capsules
Accidental overdose made in error, should not be a problem, but if you take a large overdose , consult your doctor or the emergency room of the nearest hospital .
What to do if you miss a dose
Do not worry . If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible . Take the next dose at the usual time .
How quickly will become operational treatment
You should feel better after a few days. If you take Vibramycin to treat acne, it may take several weeks before any improvement . What to do if you are feeling better
If the infection worsens , do not feel better within a few days ( except acne ) or develop a new infection , visit your doctor again .
This drug causes any side effects
Vibramycin may cause some side effects , but is generally well tolerated .
The side effects mentioned below are :
• upset stomach ;
• Malaise ;
• Diarrhea ;
• Difficulty in swallowing ;
• sore or painful tongue or mouth ;
• Loss of appetite ;
• Inflammation and itching in the rectal area.
These side effects are usually mild . If you are creating problems are severe or persist during treatment , tell your doctor.
Other side effects that may occur are :
• skin rash ;
• Your skin may become more sensitive than normal to sunlight while taking tetratsnklini . If you get a skin rash , itching, redness or severe sunburn under the influence of strong sunlight or ultraviolet light (eg, tanning beds ) , stop taking it and consult your doctor ;
• Very severe headache ;
• Ulcers in the throat - in very rare cases, if you take the capsules with water in a sitting or standing position (See " How to take your medicine " ) ;
• Blood abnormalities - may cause fever, chills and painful ulceration of the mouth or rectum , pain in back and stomach or abnormal bruising or bleeding ;
• Unusual chest pain ;
• Deterioration of the disease known as systemic lupus erythematosus ( SLE). This disease affects a number of organs .
If any of these side effects , consult your doctor.
All medicines can cause allergic reactions. Serious allergic reactions are rare. You should immediately inform your doctor at the onset of sudden dizziness , difficulty breathing, sudden onset of edema, rash or itching (especially if they cover the whole body ) .
Observed the following effects:
• discoloration tirondnata tissue during prolonged therapy. Treatment , however, did not reduce the activity of the thyroid gland ;
• Inflammatory bowel disease , pseudomembranous colitis;
• Inflammation of the membrane surrounding the heart, low blood pressure , palpitations ;
• Swelling of the fontanels ( the soft parts of the head) in infants and adults benign intracranial hypertension ;
• abnormal liver function tests , hepatitis ;
• Deterioration of renal function.
It is important to tell your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any side effects not listed above.
Take care of your medicine !
This medicine has been prescribed for you. It should not be given to others.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
Where to store your medicine
Keep all medicines out of reach of children!
Keep your medicine at a temperature below 30 ° C.
This leaflet does not contain all information about this medicine.
If you have any questions or are not sure about anything , ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The information in this leaflet applies only Vibramycin capsules.