VIMOVO 500mg. 6 tablets
Vimovo contains two different medicines called Naproxen and Esomeprazole. Each act differently.
- Naproxen belongs to a group of medicines called "nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory means." It relieves pain and inflammation
- Esomeprazole belongs to a group of medicines called "proton pump inhibitors". It reduces the acidity of your stomach.
Esomeprazole helps to reduce the risk of ulcers and stomach problems developing in patients who require intake of NSAIDs.
What is Vimovo:
Vimovo is used to relieve the symptoms of:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
Vimovo helps namamyalane pain, swelling, redness and warmth.
This medicine will be given if it is considered that a lower dose NSAIDs probably will not ease your pain and are at increased risk of developing stomach ulcers or first part of the small intestine you that may be caused by intake NSAIDs.
BEFORE YOU TAKE VIMOVO
Do not take Vimovo:
- If you are allergic to naproxen
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or other proton pump inhibitor
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Vimovo
- If you are taking medicines called "atazanavir" or "nelfinavir"
If administration of acetylsalicylic acid, naproxen or other NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, diclofenac, or a COX-2 inhibitor you have caused the development of asthma and allergic reactions such as itching and skin rashes
- If you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- If you have serious liver problems, kidney or heart
- If you have a stomach ulcer or intestinal
- If you have a disorder associated with bleeding or serious and unexpected bleeding.
Take special care with Vimovo
- If for no apparent reason many lose weight and if you swallow hard
- You begin to vomit food or blood
- If your stools become black
Before you start taking this medicine talk to your doctor if:
- Have inflammatory bowel disease
- You have any problems with your liver or kidneys, or if you are elderly
- Taking medications such as corticosteroids, oral warfarin, selective inhibitors of serotonin reuptake, acetylsalicylic acid, including inhibitors of COX-2.
Medicines like Vimovo may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or stroke. The risk is greater in high doses and for prolonged periods. Do not exceed your recommended dose or duration of treatment.
Vimovo is not recommended for use in children.
Also, before you start taking this medicine talk to your doctor if you have heart problems, previous stroke or think that you are at increased risk for these problems.
Pregnancy and lactation
Vimovo not take if you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Before taking this medicine, talk to your doctor if you are in the first or second trimester of pregnancy. Your doctor will decide whether you can take Vimovo.
Do not breastfeed if you are taking Vimovo.
If you are pregnant, may become pregnant or breast-feeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
While taking Vimovo may feel dizzy or your vision to become blurred. If this happens, do not drive or use any tools or machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Vimovo
Vimovo contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate and propyl parahydroxybenzoate, which may cause allergic reactions. It is possible that these effects do not occur immediately
HOW TO TAKE VIMOVO
Swallow the tablets with a drink of water. Do not chew, split or crush the tablets. It is important to swallow the tablets whole, to operate properly.
Take the tablets at least 30 minutes before eating.
If you are taking this medicine for a long time, your doctor will monitor you
How many tablets to take
Take one tablet twice a day for as long as you have been told by your doctor.
Vimovo is available only at a dose of 500 mg / 20 mg. If your doctor thinks that this dose is not appropriate for you, you may be given other treatment ..
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Sudden onset of shortness of breath, swelling of the lips, tongue and throat or body, rash, fainting or difficulty swallowing
Skin redness, blistering and peeling. Can also have severe blistering of the lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals
Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine and tiredness which can be symptoms of liver problems
Medicines like Vimovo may be associated with a small increased risk of developing a heart attack or stroke.
Black, tarry stools or bloody diarrhea
Vomiting blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
At the earliest opportunity talk to your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms:
If you have an infection with symptoms such as fever with a severely reduced general condition or fever with local infection symptoms such as pain in the neck, throat or mouth or difficulty urinating, as soon as possible, you should consult with your doctor so that by a blood test can be switched off to reduce the number of white blood cells.
Other possible side effects:
Common - headache, fatigue, thirst, anxiety, shortness of breath, itchy skin and rash, dizziness, palpitations, nausea or vomiting, drowsiness, swelling of the arms, legs, vision problems, diarrhea, abdominal pain
Uncommon - loss of consciousness, dry mouth, aggression, hearing loss, an attack of asthma, menstrual disorders, hair loss, lumpy rash, joint pain, painful or swollen tongue, muscle weakness or muscle pain, impaired blood clotting in women - problems with pregnancy, numbness, impairment of memory or difficulty concentrating, confusion, anxiety, swelling or soreness of body parts due to fluid retention, skin rashes or blistering, changes in blood tests that show how functioning liver infection called "candidiasis" which can affect the gut and is caused by the fungus, reducing the concentration of sodium in your blood. This can cause weakness, vomiting and cramps, symptoms of meningitis, problems with the pancreas, discoloration of feces, which is a sign of serious liver problems, worsening of inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, low magnesium levels in your blood , problems with the expulsion of blood from the heart or damage to your blood vessels and others.
The active substances are naproxen 500 mg and 20 mg of esomeprazole
The other ingredients of the tablet are:
- At the core - croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, povidone, colloidal silicon dioxide,
- The film - carnauba wax, glycerol monostearate 40-55, hypromellose, iron oxide, macrogol 8000, ekil acrylate-methacrylic acid copolymer, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, polydextrose, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium laurilnsulfat, titanium dioxide , triethyl.