VIMOVO 500 mg. 30 tablets
Vimovo contains two different medicines called Naproxen and Esomeprazole. Each act differently.
- Naproxen belongs to a group of medicines called "nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory means." It relieves pain and inflammation
- Esomeprazole belongs to a group of medicines called "proton pump inhibitors". It reduces the acidity of your stomach.
Esomeprazole helps reduce the risk of ulcers and stomach problems developing in patients who need taking NSAIDs.
What is Vimovo:
Vimovo is used to relieve the symptoms of:
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
Vimovo helps namamyalane pain, swelling, redness and warmth.
This medicine will be given, if it is considered that a lower dose NSAIDs probably will not relieve your pain and are at increased risk of developing stomach ulcers or first part of the small your intestine, which can be caused by intake NSAIDs.
BEFORE YOU TAKE VIMOVO
Do not take Vimovo:
- If you are allergic to naproxen
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or other proton pump inhibitor
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of Vimovo
- If you are taking medicines called "atazanavir" or "nelfinavir"
If the intake of aspirin, naproxen or other NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, diclofenac or COX-2 inhibitor caused you develop asthma or allergic reaction such as itching and skin rashes
- If you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- If you have serious liver problems, kidney or heart
- If you have ulcers in the stomach or intestines
- If you have a disorder associated with serious bleeding or unexpected bleeding.
Take special care with Vimovo
- If for no apparent reason many lose weight if swallow hard
- If you start to vomit food or blood
- If your stools become black
Before you start taking this medicine talk to your doctor if:
- Have inflammatory bowel disease
- Have any problems with your liver or kidneys, or if you are elderly
- Taking drugs like corticosteroids, oral warfarin, selective inhibitors of serotonin reuptake, acetylsalicylic acid, including inhibitors of COX-2.
Medicines like Vimovo may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or stroke. The risk is greater in high doses and for prolonged periods. Do not exceed your recommended dose or duration of treatment.
Vimovo is not recommended for use in children.
Also, before you start taking this medicine talk to your doctor if you have heart problems, previous stroke or think that you are at increased risk for these problems.
Pregnancy and lactation
Do not take Vimovo, are in the last three months of pregnancy.
Before taking this medicine, talk to your doctor if you are in the first or second trimester of pregnancy. Your doctor will decide whether you can take Vimovo.
Do not breastfeed if you are taking Vimovo.
If you are pregnant, may become pregnant or breast-feeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicines.
Driving and using machines
While taking Vimovo may feel dizzy or your vision to become blurred. If this happens, do not drive or use any tools or machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Vimovo
Vimovo contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate and propyl parahydroxybenzoate, which may cause allergic reactions. It is possible that these effects do not occur immediately
HOW TO TAKE VIMOVO
Swallow the tablets with a drink of water. Do not chew, crush or split the tablet. It is important to swallow the tablets whole, to operate properly.
Take the tablets at least 30 minutes before eating.
If you are taking this medicine for a long time, your doctor will monitor you
How many tablets to take
Take one tablet twice a day for as long as you have been told by your doctor.
Vimovo is available only at a dose of 500 mg / 20 mg. If your doctor thinks this dose is not appropriate to you, you may be given other treatment ..
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Sudden onset of shortness of breath, swelling of the lips, tongue and throat or body, rash, fainting or difficulty swallowing
Skin redness, blistering and peeling. You can also have severe blistering of the lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals
Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine and tiredness which can be symptoms of liver problems
Medicines like Vimovo may be associated with a small increased risk of developing a heart attack or stroke.
Black, tarry stools or bloody diarrhea
Vomiting blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
At the earliest opportunity talk with your doctor if you get any of the following symptoms:
If you have an infection with symptoms such as fever with a severely reduced general condition or fever with local infection symptoms such as pain in the neck, throat or mouth or difficulty urinating, as soon as possible, you should consult with your doctor so that by examination of the blood can not be excluded reduce the number of white blood cells.
Other possible side effects:
Common - headache, fatigue, thirst, anxiety, shortness of breath, itchy skin and rash, dizziness, palpitations, nausea or vomiting, dizziness, swelling of the arms, legs, vision problems, diarrhea, abdominal pain
Uncommon - loss of consciousness, dry mouth, aggression, hearing loss, an attack of asthma, menstrual disorders, hair loss, lumpy rash, joint pain, painful or swollen tongue, muscle weakness or muscle pain, impaired blood clotting in women - problems with pregnancy, numbness, impairment of memory or concentration difficulties, agitation, confusion, anxiety, swelling or soreness of body parts due to fluid retention, skin rashes or blistering, changes in blood tests that show how functioning liver infection called "candidiasis" which can affect the gut and is caused by the fungus, reducing the concentration of sodium in your blood. This can cause weakness, vomiting and cramps, symptoms of meningitis, problems with the pancreas, discoloration of feces, which is a sign of serious liver problems, worsening of inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, low levels of magnesium in your blood problems with blood ejected from the heart or damage to your blood vessels and others.
The active substances are naproxen 500 mg and 20 mg of esomeprazole
The other ingredients of the tablet are:
- In the core - croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, povidone, colloidal silicon dioxide,
- The film - carnauba wax, glycerol monostearate 40-55, hypromellose, iron oxide, macrogol 8000, ekil acrylate copolymer of methacrylic acid, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, polydextrose, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium laurilnsulfat, titanium dioxide , triethylcitrate.