VASILIP. 40 mg. 28 tablets
VASILIP. 40 mg. 28 tablets
What Vasilip 10mg, 20mg and 40mg tablets and what it is used?
Vasilip 10mg tablets are round, white , marked by 10 on one side and scored on the other side .
Vasilip 20mg film-coated tablets are round, white , marked with 20 on one side and scored on the other side.
Vasilip 40mg tablets are round , white, with no markings on one side and scored on the other side.
Vasilip tablets are sold in a pack containing 28 tablets .
The active ingredient in your tablets Simvastatin ( simvastatin) . It belongs to the group of drugs known as inhibitors of HMG-CoA reductase . They act by reducing the amount of cholesterol in the blood and fatty substances called triglycerides. Cholesterol is vital for the normal functioning of the body , but if the cholesterol levels in the blood are too high, it can be deposited on the walls of arteries. There it accumulates and forms plaques that can clog blood vessels. We receive only a fraction of cholesterol food: egg yolks and liver contain large amounts of cholesterol, but many foods such as fruits , vegetables and fish, are quite low in cholesterol . Almost all the amount of cholesterol in the body is produced in the liver. Body produces . Most , cholesterol overnight.
Simvastatin is used to treat the following conditions :
• If you have high blood cholesterol , triglyceride levels may also be high . Simvastatin should lower these levels. Universally accepted; opinion that
the high level of cholesterol in the blood increases the risk of heart disease . As higher the level, the greater the risk . The presence of other factors, such as heart disease , high blood pressure , high blood sugar (diabetes) , increased body weight, lack of exercise and smoking , with high levels of cholesterol increase the risk of development or progression of heart disease.
• If you have coronary heart disease ( CHD ) and high cholesterol . Cholesterol can cause coronary artery disease by clogging the blood vessels that supply the heart with oxygen and nutrients. This clogging or hardening of the arteries is called atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis can result in chest pain ( angina called ) and myocardial infarction. If you have IBS , your doctor you copied this medicine to help to prolong your life , reduce the risk of myocardial infarction and reduce the need for surgery to increase blood flow to your heart. This drug also slows the progression of atherosclerosis and may reduce the development of new atherosclerosis. Your doctor will explain the importance of a diet low in fat, at the same time taking the tablets .
2 . Before you Vasilip 10mg, 20mg or 40mg tablets
Do not take this medicine if any of the following apply to you .
• You think or you are told that you are sensitive or allergic to Simvastatin or any of the other ingredients in the tablets .
• you are or think you are pregnant.
• You plan to become pregnant.
• If you find that you are pregnant while taking this medicine , stop taking it immediately .
• You are a woman of childbearing age unless using a reliable form of pregnancy prevention other than " the pill " ( you may want to discuss this with your doctor ) ; If you are planning to become pregnant should stop taking Simvastatin at least one month before trying to conceive .
• You have liver problems .
• You have a rare inherited disease called porphyria .
Take special measures and talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if:
• You sustained muscle pain .
• You are taking medicines called immunosuppressants ( immunosuppressive ), eg . cyclosporine .
• you taking other cholesterol -lowering drugs such as fibric acid derivatives (such benzafibrate , fenofibrate , gemfibrozil ) . .
• You take antifungal medicine called itraconazole or ketoconazole.
• You take large doses (more than 1 g per day ) of nicotinic acid.
• You take antibiotics containing erythromycin or clarithromycin .
• You are taking medication for depression nefazodone .
• you take a medicament for treatment of HTV infection (HIV protease inhibitors) .
Grapefruit juice contains one or more components that modify the metabolism of certain drugs , including Simvastatin. Consuming large quantities of juice
grapefruit should be avoided . Unlikely usual consumption of one glass of 250 ml per day can cause problems.
Please consult with your doctor if these statements were applicable to you in the past. Your doctor may want to perform some simple blood tests before and after your treatment with simvastatin tablets to make sure that your liver is working well.
Administered with food and drink
You should take the tablets exactly as prescribed by your doctor or pharmacist . The medicine should be taken with water. The tablets can be taken on an empty stomach or after eating.
Your doctor will tell you to drink small amounts of alcohol while taking Vasilip tablets. If you are worried about the amount of alcohol you drink while taking this medicine , please talk to your doctor or pharmacist .
Driving and using machines
Simvastatin has no or negligible effect on the ability to drive and use machines.
Using other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Particular care is needed if you are taking any of the following medicines:
• Medicines for heart disease, such as digoxin .
• medicines to thin the blood eg . warfarin.
• Other lipid- lowering agents : fibric acid derivatives (e.g., gemfibrozil , niacin or nicotinic acid .
• Drugs that suppress the immune system ( immunosuppressants) NRA. cyclosporine .
• Antibiotics containing erythromycin or clarithromycin .
• Medicines for depression called nefazodone .
• Drugs such as indinavir , nelfinavir , ritonavir or saquinavir (HIV protease inhibitor ) for the treatment of the HIV infection.
If you are taking any of these drugs , you should talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
3 . How to take vasilip 10mg, 20mg and 40mg tablets ?
You should always take this medicine as your doctor prescribes. Do not take more tablets than your doctor tells you . Read and follow the instructions to the pharmacist on the label. If you are not sure , ask your doctor or pharmacist .
The usual initial dose is 10 mg daily in high levels of cholesterol and 20 mg daily in an ischemic heart disease , taken as a single evening . It is recommended to take the medicine in the evening or at bedtime , so that it acts as the body produces the greatest amount of cholesterol ( at night) . Your doctor may increase the dose to 40 mg, or 80 mg , depending on your condition . Your doctor may reduce the dose to 10 mg, if you are taking cyclosporine or if you have any kidney disease. Follow the instructions carefully. Do not forget to take your medicine . Your doctor will tell you how long treatment with Simvastatin.
If you take more medicine than you should
If you take more tablets Vasilip, than you should consult your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital . Take this leaflet or a few tablets with you so that people know what you have taken .
If you forget to take your medicine
If you forget to take the tablets Vasilip at the right time , continue with the next dose as usual. Do not take a double dose to make up for the forgotten .
4 . Possible side effects
As with other tablets have been reported some side effects after taking Vasilip tablets. The following examples are given side effects, grouped according to their seriousness. Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms: Common side effects:
• Indigestion (such as stomach pain, constipation , diarrhea, and flatulence ) Uncommon side effects
• Headache, rash, itching, weakness , indigestion or diarrhea and abdominal divine intervention .
Rare side effects:
• Liver disease , muscle disease , manifested by pain , swelling of the face or neck , inflammation of the joints and blood vessels , fever , difficulty breathing, abnormal sensation in the arms and legs or fatigue. Since muscle problems in rare cases are serious , you should immediately contact your doctor if you experience pain, tenderness, or weakness in the muscles.
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor or pharmacist .
5 . Storage Vasilip 10mg, 20mg and 40mg tablets
Be kept out of reach of children.
Do not store above 30 ° C.
It should not be used after the expiry date which is stated on the outer carton / blister .