TORVAKARD. 40 mg. 30 tablets
TORVAKARD. 40 mg. 30 tablets
Active substance :
Torvakard 40: Each tablet contains 41,36 g atorvastatin calcium, corresponding to 40 g atorvastatin.
Microcrystalline cellulose , heavy magnesium oxide, lactose monohydrate , croscarmellose sodium salt, low - substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose , anhydrous colloidal silica, magnesium stearate , hypromellose , macrogol 6000 , titanium dioxide, talc .
Formulation and packaging
Marketing Authorisation Holder
Prague, Czech Republic
What is Torvakard and what it is used?
Torvakard belongs to a group of medicines known as statins , which are hypolipidemic agents . Torvakard used for lowering cholesterol levels in the blood and trilitseridite , where this can be achieved by a diet with a reduced fat content and by changing the way of life . However, increased risk of heart disease also may be izpolzma Torvakard to reduce the risk , even if the cholesterol levels are normal. During lechenieot should continue usual diet to lower cholesterol .
Cholesterol is a natural substance in the body necessary for normal rastezh.Kogato however, the amount of cholesterol in the blood is too high, it may be postponed on the walls of blood vessels and they can clog . This is one of the most common causes of disease sadechno . Other factors that increase the risk of heart disease include high blood pressure, diabetes , obesity, sedentary lifestyle , smoking, or family history of heart disease.
Before you start using Torvakard
Do not take Torvakard
- If you are hypersensitive to Torvakard or a similar drug for lowering blood lipids or to any of the excipients of the medicinal product;
- If you suffer or have suffered from liver disease ;
- If you have unexplained , abnormal values of blood tests of liver function ;
- If you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking certain contraceptives ;
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant in the near future;
- If you are breastfeeding ;
- If you suffer from a disease of the skeletal muscles called myopathy
Taking other medicines
Some drugs may react with Torvakard :
- Drugs that suppress the immune reactions of the organism
- Certain antibiotics or antifungals / eg . erythromycin , clarithromycin, ketoconazole , itraconazole , rifampicin /
- Other drugs to lower lipid levels in the blood ;
- Some calcium channel blockers used for angina or high blood pressure medicines regulate heartbeat / example . dioxin / ;
- Some benzodiazepines used in anxiety or other conditions ;
- Protease inhibitors used in the treatment of AIDS ;
- Other medicinal agents which are known to interact with Torvakard include warfarin / retarding blood clotting / oral contraceptives, phenytoin / agent against seizures in epileptic patients / antacids / medicinal lowering gastric acidity , containing aluminum or magnesium /
Pregnancy and lactation
TOrvakard not take if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant in the near future. Women of childbearing age should take appropriate measures
Torvakard not take if you are breastfeeding
Important information about some of the ingredients of Torvakard
Torvakard contains lactose. If your doctor tells you that you have an intolerance to some sugars , consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
How to use Torvakard ?
The usual starting dose is 10 mg once daily Torvakard . Further, the dosage may be changed by Your doctor according to your needs . Your doctor will adjust the dose at intervals of 4 weeks or more . The maximum daily dose is 80 mg of atorvastatin .
Torvakard tablets should be swallowed whole with water. Can be taken at any time of day with or without food. Try to take your tablets at the same time each day.
Always take Torvakard exactly as directed by your doctor.
Before initiation of therapy , your doctor will put you on a cholesterol-lowering diet that you should follow during treatment with Torvakard .
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS :
The following side effects are important and require immediate action if you experience :
- Angioneurotic edema / swelling of the face, tongue and trachea, causing breathing difficulties / . This is very very rare reaction , but can be serious. If this happens , tell your doctor immediately .
Sometimes there is wear or inflammation of the muscles and very rarely there can be complications , abnormal muscle breakdown . If you show weakness , tenderness or pain at the same time you feel unwell and have a fever , stop taking Torvakard and inform your doctor immediately.
- If you notice problems with unexpected or unusual bleeding or bruising, it could be a sign of liver complaint. Consult a doctor as quickly as possible .
Other side effects Torvakard :
- Nausea , stomach pain, constipation, flatulence , indigestion , headache , muscle aches , weakness, diarrhea , insomnia, dizziness , chest pain , allergic reactions , numbness, joint pain and back pain, asthenia / weakness / peripheral edema pruritus .
- Anorexia , numbness or itrapvane fingers , vomiting, rash , muscle cramps, unexpected bleeding or bruising, ringing in the ears and / or head napalvyavane , memory loss , hives , fatigue , impotence , hair loss, pancreatitis.
- Numbness of the skin with a light touch or pain , muscle weakness, blistering rash , peripheral edema, hepatitis , jaundice, rhabdomyolysis