TEVANATE 70 mg. 4 tablets
Alendronic Acid belongs to a group of medicines called bisphosphonates, which prevent bone loss from the body.
Your medicine is used to treat osteoporosis pa (bone thinning) in women mepopauza. It will reduce the risk of fractures (fractures) of the bones of the spine and hip.
2. Before you take Alendronic Acid 70 tablets nig
Do not take Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets
• If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to alendronic acid or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
• If you suffer from any disease, and esophagus
• If you are unable to remain standing or sitting for at least 30 minutes.
• If your doctor has told you that you have low blood calcium.
Take special care prn use of Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets
It is important to consult your doctor before taking alendronic acid:
• If you have difficulty swallowing
• If your doctor has told you that you have esophagus Barret (a condition that occurs with changes in the cells that cover the lower section of the esophagus)
• If you have inflammation of the lining of the stomach or duodenum (the first section of the small intestine)
• If you have had surgery on the stomach or intestines (such as this is not included pyloroplasty where expands the exit of the stomach) in the last year
• If you have stomach ulcers or indigestion
• If you have kidney problems
• If you have cancer
• If you are receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy
• If you take steroids
• If you do not visit the dentist regularly
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Do not take other oral medications along with this medication. If you are taking any other medicine by mouth must leave an interval of at least 30 minutes between the intake of this medicine and other medicines you are taking.
Taking Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets with food and drink
Gesine tablets should be taken on an empty stomach as food and drink can greatly reduce the effectiveness of this medicine. Take the tablets at least 30 minutes before the first meal of the day.
Pregnancy and lactation
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Driving and using machines
In certain cases, this drug can cause vision problems. Do not drive or operate machinery if you experience such violations.
3. How to take Tevanag 70 mg tablets
Once a week.
Your doctor will decide the dose that is right for you. Always follow the instructions of your doctor and those on the container. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The following instructions are particularly important to make sure that your medicine is effective and to reduce the likelihood of this drug cause irritation of the esophagus:
• Pick a day of the week that is most convenient to take the tablet. Every week, take one 70 mg tablet on your chosen day.
• Your drug must be taken on an empty stomach, immediately after waking. It may be taken with a full glass of plain water (tea, coffee, mineral water or juice), half to one hour before food, drink or other medicines.
• The tablets should be swallowed whole and not chewed or sucked.
• Do not lie down after you swallow the tablet. Must stay upright (sitting, standing or walking), until it was time for the first meal of the day. which should be at least half an hour after the dose Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets.
• Do not take the tablets at bedtime or before you get out of bed.
• If you experience pain or difficulty swallowing, chest pain or new or stronger acids, stop taking this medicine and call your doctor
The usual dosage instructions are given below.
Before taking Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets is important to tell your doctor.
Adults (including the elderly): One tablet of 70 ing once a week.
Children: use in children is not recommended.
If you take a large dose of Alendronic Acid 70 nig tablets required
If you (or someone else) swallow a lot of tablets at once or you think a child has swallowed any of the tablets, tell your doctor or nearest hospital. Drink a full glass of milk and do not lie down. Overdose can cause painful muscle cramps, tiredness, weakness, exhaustion and fainting. Furthermore, it may be the cause of indigestion, indigestion and painful inflammation of the upper digestive system.
If Cre forget to take Alendronic Acid 70 tablets tug
If you forget to take a tablet, take one after they wake up the next morning. Never take a double dose on the same day. Continue to take one tablet once a week, as originally envisaged in the chosen day. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
As with any medication, some people may experience an allergic reaction.
If any of these effects, contact your doctor immediately or go to the nearest emergency room or hospital:
• shortness of breath
• Swelling of the lips, face and neck
• Severe skin reactions with peeling of large areas of the skin, causing the skin to look like a scalded
• Severe reaction is small bubbles on red or purple, flat, sealed patches on the skin, including around or in the mouth and / or eyes and / or genitals.
If you have difficult or painful swallowing, pain behind the sternum (middle of the chest) or new or stronger acids (burning), stop taking your tablets and contact your doctor.
The following adverse reactions have been reported in approximately the displayed frequency:
Common (affects less than one in ten user):
• Abdominal pain, indigestion or heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence
• Ulcer of esophagus, difficulty swallowing, feeling of fullness or swelling of the stomach, back or stomach acid into the esophagus
• Pain in the bones, muscles or joints, headache
Uncommon (affects less than one user in 100):
• rash or redness of the skin, itchy skin
• Nausea, vomiting, inflammation of the esophagus or stomach, abnormal surface of the esophagus, which can cause pain and difficulty swallowing, black loose stools.
Rare (affects less than one consumer l '! Pa 1000):
• Hives (urgikariya) and other hypersensitivity reactions, sensitivity to light
• Visual problems (usually painful)
• Tightening of the esophagus, mouth, stomach and other peptic ulcers (although it is not clear whether they are caused by alendronic acid).
Levels of calcium and phosphate in the blood may have changed by alendronic acid, but it can not get any symptoms.
In patients receiving prolonged treatment with alendronic acid have been reported hip fractures. Pain in hips, weakness or discomfort may be an early manifestation of possible fracture of the femur.
In patients treated with bisphosphonates. including alendronic acid is reported osteonecrosis (arthritis) of the mandible (jaw bone problems, usually after tooth extraction and / or local infection). ONJ has been reported particularly in patients who are undergoing treatment for cancer. but some cases have been reported in patients treated for osteoporosis.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. How to store Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not store above 30 ° C. Do not use Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets after the expiry date stated on the carton.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the pack and other information
What Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets?
The active substance is alendronic acid. Each tablet contains 70 mg of alendronic acid (as sodium monohydrate).
The other ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium and magnesium stearate.
• The name of your medicine is Alendronic Acid 70 mg tablets
• The product is available in packs of 4. 8, 12, 40 tablets.