Sildenafil. 50 mg. 1 tablet
Sildenafil. 50 mg. 1 tablet
Sildenafil WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
Sildenafil is a medicine that belongs to the group of the so- phosphodiesterase inhibitors . The active ingredient is sildenafil , which affect erectile dysfunction ( erection problems ) . Its action is to support the expansion of blood vessels in the penis and blood to facilitate during sexual excitement . Sildenafil will help achieve erection only in presence of sexual stimulation.
Sildenafil is used to treat men with erectile dysfunction ( impotence ) - a condition in which a man can not get, or keep a hard, erect necessary for sexual activity.
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE sildenafil
Do not take sildenafil
• If you are allergic (hypersensitive ) to sildenafil them to any of the ingredients of the product.
• If you are taking medicines containing nitrates or other drugs containing amyl nitrate as nitrogen oxide . These drugs are appointed to relieve angina ( angina or chest pain) . Sildenafil may potentiate the effects of these drugs and significantly lower blood pressure .
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines .
Take special care with sildenafil
• If you have heart disease, unstable angina, severe heart failure, or liver failure.
• If you have recently had a stroke or a heart attack or if you have low blood pressure.
• If you have a rare inherited eye diseases ( retinitis pigmentosa ) .
• If you have ever had loss of vision because of non arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy. Tell your doctor :
• If you have such diseases such as sickle cell anemia (an abnormality of red blood cells) , leukemia ( cancer of the blood) , multiple myeloma (cancer of bone marrow) or any disease or deformity of your penis . These conditions may require special care when taking medicines for erectile dysfunction.
• If you have heart problems , your doctor should carefully check whether your heart can take the additional strain of having sex with activity .
• If you suffer from stomach ulcers or impaired blood clotting (eg, hemophilia ) .
• If you feel a sudden lose your vision or your vision is reduced need to immediately stop taking sildenafil and talk with your doctor. Sildenafil must be combined with another type of treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Special considerations for children sildenafil should not be given to children under 18 years of age.
Special considerations for patients with kidney or liver problems
You should tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver disorders. Your doctor may decide to prescribe you a lower dose of the drug.
Using other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Sildenafil may interact with some drugs , particularly those which are used for the treatment of angina pectoris ( chest pain) . In case of emergency, you should tell anyone treating your condition that you take sildenafil . Do not take sildenafil with other medicines unless your doctor tells you that you can .
Sildenafil may potentiate the effects of medicines called nitrates and nitric oxide donors such as amyl nitrite . They are frequently used to relieve angina (chest pain ) . You should not take sildenafil if you are taking these medicines .
If you are taking medicines to treat HIV, your doctor will probably prescribe you top the lowest dose (25 mg) sildenafil .
If you are taking medicines called alpha blockers ( doxazosin ) for over high blood pressure or have prostate problems , it is possible to get vertigo or dizziness when changing body position from sitting to standing position ( orthostatic hypotension ) during the first 4 hours after taking sildenafil . You must be on a regular daily dose of your alpha -blocker before taking sildenafil to reduce the likelihood of these symptoms . Your doctor may prescribe you a starting dose of 25 mg sildenafil .
Taking sildenafil with food and drink
If taking sildenafil with food , it may be necessary for a longer time to onset of effect.
Pregnancy and lactation
Sildenafil is not indicated for use in women .
Driving and using machines
Sildenafil can cause dizziness and can affect vision . You need to know how you react to sildenafil before you drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of sildenafil
Contact your doctor before taking sildenafil if you have been told . that you have an intolerance to some sugars, such as lactose .
3 . HOW TO TAKE sildenafil
Always take sildenafil exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist. The usual dose is 50 mg.
Sildenafil should be taken about 1 hour before sexual activity. Swallow the tablet whole with water.
If you feel that the effect of sildenafil is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Sildenafil will help you get an erection only when sexual stimulation. The time to display the effect of sildenafil is different in different individuals , but it is usually between 1/2-1 hour . If you take sildenafil during a heavy meal , the effect may occur more slowly.
Drinking alcohol can temporarily impair the ability to obtain an erection . To get the maximum effect of the drug , you should avoid taking large amounts of alcohol before taking sildenafil . If sildenafil does not help you to get an erection or if your erection does not last long enough to complete sexual intercourse you should tell your doctor . You should not use sildenafil more than once a day.
If you take an overdose of sildenafil
Dose above 100 mg does not increase efficacy. However, it will lead to increased adverse effects and their severity.
You should not take more tablets than your doctor tells you to .
Contact your doctor if you take more than you need.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, sildenafil can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them . These effects are usually mild to moderate.
In controlled clinical trials, the most frequently reported headache or flushing and less indigestion , dizziness , nasal congestion , palpitations or visual changes ( including changes in the colors , the feeling of increased brightness or blurred vision) .
After placing the drug on the market reported the following events in men taking sildenafil vomiting , allergic reactions , skin rash , red eyes , eye pain , rapid heartbeat , or nosebleeds . Has been reported in part, sudden, temporary or permanent decrease or loss of vision in one or both eyes . There are reports of prolonged and sometimes painful erections after taking sildenafil . If you receive such an erection . that lasts more than 4 hours without a break , you should seek your doctor immediately.
Have also been reported following events: high blood pressure , low blood pressure , fainting , stroke, irregular heartbeat , chest pain , sudden death , heart attack or temporary decreased blood flow to parts of the brain. Most, but not all, of these men had heart problems before taking this medicine . It is not possible to determine whether these events were directly related to sildenafil.
If you have chest pain during or after sex , you should not use nitrates but you should contact your doctor immediately .
When taking sildenafil more than once a day may occur muscle bolki.Ako any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor.
5 . HOW TO STORE sildenafil
Store in original container. This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions .
Keep out of reach of children. Do not use sildenafil after the expiry date stated on the carton.
The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment.
6 . FURTHER INFORMATION
What does sildenafil
• The active substance is sildenafil citrate (sildenafil citrate), eq. 50 mg sildenafil (sildenafil).
• The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, povidone, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose , siliconized microcrystalline cellulose , sodium stearyl fumarate.
• Tablet coating : hypromellose , titanium dioxide E171 , macrogol 6000, talc , glycerol, dye brilliant blue FCF
Looks like sildenafil and contents of the pack
Sildenafil 50 mg are round , biconvex tablets with a diameter of 10 mm, blue , odorless .
1 film-coated tablets in PVC / aluminum foil ; 1 blister in a carton with leaflet. 4 tablets in blister PVC / aluminum foil ; 1 or 2 blisters in a carton with leaflet.