Seretide Diskus 50 mcg. 500 mcg. 60 doses
Seretide Diskus 50 mcg. / 500 mcg. 60 doses
What Seretide is and what it is used for?
Seretide contains two active substances of salmeterol and fluticasone propionate :
• Salmeterol is a long-acting bronchodilator . Bronchodilators Contributing airways to remain open. This facilitates the entry and exit of air. The effect lasts for at least 12 hours.
• Fluticasone propionate is a corticosteroid that reduces swelling and the irritation of the wall of the small airways in the lung.
Your doctor has prescribed this medicine to help prevent respiratory problems such as:
• chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) .
Seretide , a dose of 50 micrograms mikrograma/500 , decreases the incidence of symptoms of COPD
You must use Seretide every day as prescribed by your doctor . This will ensure the correct action of a drug to control your asthma or COPD.
Seretide helps to prevent the onset of shortness of breath and wheezing. The drug does not work in cases that currently have an attack of shortness of breath or wheezing. In these cases you should use fast-acting inhaler such as salbutamol .
2 . What you should know before taking Seretide
Do not take Seretide
- If you are allergic ( hypersensitive) to salmeterol xinafoate , fluticasone propionate or lactose .
Warnings and Precautions
Your doctor will monitor your treatment more closely if you have any of the following diseases:
• Cardiovascular disease , including heart rhythm disturbances or rapid pulse
• Overactive Thyroid
• Increased blood pressure
• Diabetes mellitus ( Seretide may increase your blood sugar)
• Low levels of potassium in the blood
• Tuberculosis - now or in the past
If you have ever had any of these conditions , talk to your doctor before starting to use Seretide .
Other medicines, Seretide
Tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines used to treat asthma or medicines obtained without a prescription. In some cases it may not be appropriate Seretide be taken with other medicines.
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines , before you start using Seretide :
• Beta-blockers ( eg atenolol, propranolol , sotalol ) . Beta-blockers are mainly used for high blood pressure or other heart problems.
• Antiviral and antifungal drugs ( eg, ritonavir , ketoconazole and itraconazole ) . Some of these medicines may increase the content of fluticasone propionate and salmeterol in your body. This can increase the risk of developing or worsening of adverse reactions associated with Seretide , including irregular heartbeat.
• Corticosteroids ( oral or injectable ) . If you have recently taken or received any such medicines that may increase the risk of interference with the function of the adrenal gland.
Pregnancy and lactation
If you are pregnant , planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding , tell this to your doctor before you start taking Seretide . The doctor will decide whether this period is an appropriate treatment with Seretide .
Driving and using machines
Seretide is not expected to affect the ability to drive and use machines. Seretide contains lactose
Each dose of Seretide contains up to 12.5 milligrams of lactose. Usually the amount of lactose in the drug does not cause problems for people with lactose intolerance.
3 . How to take your inhaler ?
• Seretide every day as well as prescribed until your doctor tells you to stop.
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet , or as directed by your doctor or nurse . If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Adults and adolescents over 12 years:
Seretvd Diskus 50/500 - one inhalation twice daily.
Children from 4 to 12 years:
• Seretide 50/100 - one inhalation twice daily
• Seretide is not recommended for use in children under 4 years of age.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( COPD) Adults:
• Seretide 50/500 - one inhalation twice daily
If your symptoms are well controlled with the use of Seretide twice a day , your doctor may decide to reduce the dose of one inhalation daily. The dose may be changed to :
• one inhalation in the morning if you have symptoms at night
• one inhalation in the morning if you have symptoms during the day.
It is very important to follow your doctor's recommendations about the number and frequency of inhalations that you take .
If you use Seretide for asthma , your doctor will regularly monitor your symptoms .
If your asthma or breathing gets worse, contact your doctor immediately . You may feel that wheezes is exacerbated receive regular chest tightness or you need to use more common remedy for quick relief of symptoms. If this happens , you should continue taking Seretide , but do not increase the number of inhalations that you take . Can the state of the lungs to deteriorate and seriously ill . Check with your doctor as you may need additional treatment.
Instructions for use
• Your doctor or pharmacist to show you how to use the discussion. They should be checked from time to time how you use it . Improper use of Seretide may mean that the drug will not help you , as it should.
• The device has a discus blisters containing drug in powder form .
• On the top of the discussion has a counter that shows you how doses are left . Numbers 5 to 0 are red to warn you that there are only a few doses. When the counter shows 0 , your inhaler is empty.
Use of Seretide
1. To open your Diskus , hold the lid with one hand and place the thumb of the other in the recess of the finger. Press with your thumb until it stops when you hear a click. This will open a small hole in the mouthpiece .
2 . Hold discussions with your left or right hand , with the mouthpiece towards you . Slide the plunger away from you until it stops - until it clicks. The device is now ready for use . Each time when the piston is pushed , a blister is opened , wherein a loading dose for inhalation. Do not mess with the piston, as this will release the doses that will be lost.
3 . Hold the Diskus away from your mouth. Exhale as possible. Do not breathe into your Diskus .
4 . Push the mouthpiece to his lips. Inhale forcefully and deeply through discussion, not through your nose . Remove the Diskus from your mouth.
Hold your breath for about 10 seconds or as much as you can. Exhale slowly.
5 . After use, rinse your mouth with water and spit the water. This can help you avoid getting a yeast infection in the mouth and hoarseness .
6 . To close the Diskus , put your thumb on the notch for the finger and sliding it toward you until it stops. When you close the Diskus clicks . Piston automatically returns to its original position and the unit is charging.
Your Diskus is now ready to be used again.
Clean your inhaler
To clean the discussions, wipe the mouthpiece with a dry cloth .
If you take more than the dose Seretide
It is important to use Seretide according to instructions. If you accidentally take a dose higher than prescribed , talk to your doctor or pharmacist. You can feel your heart beating faster than usual and tremble . It is possible also to have a headache , muscle weakness and pain in the joints.
If you have taken large doses for a long time, you should ask your doctor for advice. High doses of Seretide may decrease levels of steroid hormones produced by the adrenal gland.
If you forget to take Seretide
If you forget to take a dose, take the next right , when the time comes for it. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
If you stop taking Seretide
It is important to use Seretide every day as prescribed. Keep assumed unless your doctor tells you to stop . Do not stop suddenly and do not reduce the dose of Seretide . This can worsen breathing problems and you can very rarely has side effects , including: - Stomach pain
- Fatigue and loss of appetite ,
- Nausea and diarrhea
- Weight loss
- Headache and drowsiness
- Low levels of potassium in the blood
- Low blood pressure and fainting
Very rarely can get similar side effects, if you have an infection or during stress (like . Following a serious accident or surgery ) . In order to prevent the onset of these symptoms , your doctor may prescribe extra corticosteroids (such as . Prednisolone ) .
If you have any further questions on the use of the discussion , ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4 . Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Seretide can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. To reduce the likelihood of side effects, your doctor will prescribe the lowest dose of Seretide , which is suitable to control your asthma or COPD.
Allergic reactions: you may notice a sudden worsening of breathing after taking Seretide . May occur wheezing and coughing. You may notice itching and swelling ( usually on the face , lips , tongue or throat) . If you experience any of these symptoms or if they occur suddenly after taking Seretide , tell your doctor immediately .
Allergic reactions to Seretide Uncommon ( affects less than 1 in 100 patients taking the drug ) .
Below are listed the other side effects:
Very common (affects more than 1 in 10 patients taking the drug ):
• Headache - with continued therapy reduces this reaction .
• Increase the number of colds has been reported in patients with COPD.
Common ( affect between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 patients taking the drug ):
• Fungal infection ( sore, yellowish raised areas) in the mouth and throat. Similarly, inflammation of the tongue , and hoarseness of the voice. These symptoms can be relieved by rinsing the mouth with water after each inhalation. Your doctor may prescribe an antifungal medicine
• Pain , swelling, joint and muscle pain .
The following adverse reactions have also been reported in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD ):
• Pneumonia and bronchitis ( lung infection ) . Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms: increased formation of phlegm, change in color of sputum , fever, chills, cough , increased breathing problems .
• Throat irritation : These symptoms can be relieved by rinsing the mouth with water after each inhalation.
• Muscle spasms
• Easy bruising ( bruising) and fractures.
• Inflammation of the sinuses ( a feeling of pressure in the nose , cheeks and behind the eyes , sometimes throbbing pain ) .
• Reduction of potassium in your blood ( you can get irregular heartbeat , muscle weakness or stiffness ) .
Uncommon (affect between 1 in 100 and 1 in 1,000 patients taking the drug ):
• Increasing the level of sugar (glucose) in the blood ( hyperglycaemia). If you have diabetes , you may need to be monitored more often your blood sugar and changes in diabetic treatment , if necessary .
• fast heart beat ( tachycardia)
• Tremor , fast or irregular heartbeat (palpitations ) . These side effects are usually harmless and decreased with continued treatment.
• Pain in the chest
• Anxiety (this effect occurs mainly in children)
• Sleep disorders
Rare ( affects less than 1 in 1,000 patients taking the drug ):
Difficulty breathing or wheezing that get worse soon after taking Seretide .
If this happens , stop using your inhaler . Use a fast-acting inhalation medication to help breath and tell your doctor immediately .
• Seretide may affect the normal production of steroid hormones in the body , especially if you have taken large doses for a long period of time. The effects include:
Growth retardation in children and adolescents , loss of bone density , glaucoma , weight gain , round ( lunovidno ) face ( Cushing's syndrome ) .
• Your doctor will check you regularly for the occurrence of any of these symptoms and be sure you are taking the lowest dose of Seretide sufficient to control your asthma .
• Behavioural changes such as irritability and unusual activity ( such reactions occur mainly in children) .
• Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia ) . Tell your doctor but do not stop treatment if he tells you to do so.
• Rash .
Reactions whose frequency is unknown, but it is also possible to monitor:
• depression and aggression ( more likely to occur in children).
If any of the side effects gets serious , or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 . How to store Seretide ?
Keep out of reach of children. Do not store above 30 ° C.
Do not use Seretide after the expiry date stated on the label and carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment.
6 . Package Contents and more information
What does your inhaler ?
• active ingredients were 50 microgram salmeterol (as salmeterol xinafoate ) and 100.250 or 500 microgram fluticasone propionate .
• other ingredient is lactose monohydrate (which contains milk proteins ) .
Seretide looks like and contents of the pack ?
• Seretide contains tape, covered with foil . The foil protects the powder for inhalation from the weather .
• Each dose is well-timed .
• An inhalation device is packaged in a cardboard box and contains 60 Marketing Authorisation Holder and Manufacturer