SIMVASTATIN. 20 mg. 30 tablets
SIMVASTATIN. 20 mg. 30 tablets
WHAT SIMVASTATIN MEDICA AND WHAT IT IS USED
SIMVASTATIN MEDICA is a drug that is used to reduce the levels of cholesterol, the "bad cholesterol " (LDL - cholesterol) and fatty substances in the blood , called triglycerides . Furthermore , simvastatin MEDICA increasing levels of "good cholesterol" ( NDL - cholesterol) . Must a cholesterol - lowering diet while taking this medicine. SIMVASTATIN MEDICA is representative of a class of drugs called statins .
SIMVASTATIN MEDICA used in combination with diet if you have:
- Elevated levels of cholesterol in the blood (primary hypercholesterolemia ) or high levels of fatty substances in the blood (mixed hyperlipidemia ) .
- Hereditary disease ( homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia ), which increases the levels of cholesterol in your blood. You may be ordered or other treatment.
- Coronary heart disease ( CHD ) or at high risk of developing CHD (if you have diabetes, stroke or other blood vessel disease ) SIMVASTATIN MEDICA can prolong your life by reducing the risk of cardiovascular complications, no matter what cholesterol in your blood.
Most people have no obvious symptoms for high cholesterol . Your doctor can measure your cholesterol levels through a simple blood test. Regularly monitor cholesterol levels and discuss the results with your doctor.
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE SIMVASTATIN MEDICA
Not taking simvastatin MEDICA :
• if you are hypersensitive to the active substance or to any of the ingredients of simvastatin MEDICA
• If you are currently suffering from liver disease
• if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
• If you take any of the following medicines:
- Or itraconazole , ketoconazole ( medicines for the treatment of fungal infections)
- Erythromycin , clarithromycin or telithromycin (antibiotics to treat infection )
- HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir , nelfinavir , ritonavir and sekvinavir (for the treatment of HI / infection )
- Nefazodone (medicine to treat depression)
Take special care with simvastatin MEDICA
• Tell your doctor about your medical conditions including allergies.
• Tell your doctor if you consume substantial quantities of alcohol .
• Tell your doctor if you have had liver disease. SIMVASTATIN MEDICA may not be suitable for you.
• Tell your doctor if you have an operation . You may need to stop taking simvastatin MEDICA for awhile.
• Your doctor should do blood tests before you start taking simvastatin MEDICA . This will check how your liver is functioning .
• Your doctor may want to do blood tests to check liver function after you started taking simvastatin MEDICA .
Contact your doctor immediately if you experience unexplained muscle pain, tenderness or weakness. On rare occasions, muscle problems can be serious, including breach of muscle structure and kidney damage rarely the outcome can be fatal .
The risk of disturbances in muscle is higher at higher doses of simvastatin MEDICA and is greater in some patients. Tell your doctor if any of the following symptoms apply to you :
- Consume large amounts of alcohol
- Have kidney problems
- You have thyroid problems
- If you are over 70 years
- If you have muscle problems during treatment with cholesterol-lowering drugs called "statins " or fibrates
- If you or a close family member has inherited disease of muscle
Using other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
It is important to tell your doctor if you are taking any of the medicines. Simvastatin MEDICA together with any of these products may increase the risk of muscle damage (some of them are already listed under " Not taking simvastatin MEDICA " )
- Ciclosporin (a medicine used for organ transplant patients )
- Danazol ( antihormonal medicament for the treatment of endometriosis )
- Itraconazole, ketoconazole ( medicines for the treatment of fungal infections)
- Fibrates such as gemfibrozil and bezafibrate ( drugs to lower cholesterol)
- Erythromycin , clarithromycin , telithromycin , or fusidic acid (drugs for bacterial infection )
- HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir, ritonavir , nelfinavir and saquinavir ( medicines for the treatment of AIDS )
- Nefazodone ( a drug for the treatment of depression )
- Amiodarone (a medicine for irregular heart beat )
- Verapamil or diltiazem (medicines for high blood pressure , chest pain associated with heart disease or other heart condition )
It is important to tell your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines:
- Medicines that prevent blood clots , such as warfarin , phenprocoumon or acenocoumarol (anticoagulants )
- Fenofibrate (another medicine used to lower blood cholesterol)
- Niacin (another medicine used to lower blood cholesterol)
Use of simvastatin MEDICA with food and drink
Grapefruit juice contains one or more ingredients that affect the transformation of some drugs like simvastatin MEDICA . So avoid consumption of grapefruit juice during treatment .
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
MEDICA not taking simvastatin if you are pregnant , trying to become pregnant or think you may be pregnant. If you become pregnant during treatment with simvastatin MEDICA , stop taking it immediately and contact your doctor.
MEDICA not taking simvastatin if you are breastfeeding , as it is not known whether the drug passes into breast milk .
Use in children
Not recommended for use of simvastatin MEDICA in children.
Driving and using machines
Not expected SIMVASTATIN MEDICA affect ability to drive or operate machinery. However, you should be aware that there have been rare reports of dizziness when using this medicine.
Important information about some of the ingredients of simvastatin MEDICA
The product contains lactose. If your doctor has told you that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
3 . HOW TO TAKE SIMVASTATIN MEDICA
Always taking simvastatin MEDICA , just as you have been told by your doctor. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
You must be a cholesterol-lowering diet while taking simvastatin MEDICA .
The dose is 10, 20 or 40 mg daily, administered as a once-daily dosing . The dose may be increased to 80 mg daily taken as a single dose in the evening at the discretion of your doctor only at very high levels of cholesterol and a higher risk of cardiovascular complications. Your doctor will decide the right dose for you , depending on your condition , your current treatment and your personal risk. Take SIMVASTATIN MEDICA night. You can take it with or without food. The usual initial dose is 10, 20 or in some cases 40 mg per day . Your doctor may change the dose after four weeks to a maximum dose of 80 mg. Do not take more than 80 mg daily.
Your doctor may prescribe a lower dose , especially if you are taking certain medicines listed above or if you have kidney problems .
Do not stop treatment with simvastatin MEDICA , unless your doctor tells you to stop .
If your doctor prescribes SIMVASTATIN MEDICA some bile sequestrant ( drugs to lower cholesterol) , you should take SIMVASTATIN MEDICA 2 hours before or 4 hours
after administration of bile sequestrant .
If you take more dose SIMVASTATIN MEDICA
Immediately contact your doctor.
If you forget to take SIMVASTATIN MEDICA
If you forget to take a dose, do not take an extra dose. Continue to use the next day , and usually at the same time .
If you stop taking simvastatin MEDICA
Your cholesterol will rise again.
If you have further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines , simvastatin MEDICA can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
The following terms are used to describe the frequency of reported adverse drug reactions :
Rare (affects more than 1 in 10, 000 and less than 1 in 1000 patients treated) .
Very rare ( affects less than 1 in 10,000 patients).
Reported the following rare serious side effects.
If any of these side effects occur , stop taking the medicine and contact your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital .
• muscle pain, tenderness , weakness or cramps. In rare cases , these muscle problems can be serious , including muscle damage to the structure , which can lead to kidney damage in rare cases have been reported fatalities .
• Hypersensitivity reactions ( allergic reaction ) include:
- Swelling of the face , tongue and the throat, which may cause difficulty in breathing