SARTEG HCT. 80 mg. 12.5 mg. 28 tablets
reduce these injuries.
SARTEG HCT. 80 mg. / 12.5 mg. 28 tablets
WHAT SARTEG AND WHAT IT IS USED
HCT Sarteg influence on lowering blood pressure with both active ingredients, i.e., hydrochlorothiazide (hydrochlorothiazide) ( diuretic) and valsartan (valsartan) ( angiotensin II antagonist) .
Valsartan lowers blood pressure by inhibiting the effect of the hormone angiotensin II, which increases it . This leads to vasodilation and thus achieves a reduction in blood pressure.
Hydrochlorothiazide increases the release of salt from the kidneys. Increased secretion of salt " extract " water from the body. Term, this leads to lower and control blood pressure.
Sarteg HCT is used to treat high blood pressure when it is insufficiently controlled by monotherapy with valsartan. Sarteg HCT tablets 80/12 , 5 mg may also be used when a monotherapy with hydrochlorothiazide has proved inadequate in the treatment of high blood pressure.
In individuals suffering from prolonged periods hypertension develops strain on the heart and vasculature . This tension can cause brain , heart and kidney damage. Lowering blood pressure can
reduce these injuries .
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE SARTEG
Always follow the doctor's instructions, even if they differ from the instructions in this booklet.
Do not take Sarteg NBT
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive ) to valsartan or hydrochlorothiazide , soybean oil, peanut oil or any of the other ingredients of Sarteg NBT ;
- If you are allergic to sulfa drugs (the active ingredient in various medicines to treat bacterial infections) ;
- Last 6 months of pregnancy, see section "Pregnancy and lactation "
- If you have serious liver disease ( severe impairment of liver function , biliary cirrhosis or cholestasis ) ;
- With severely compromised renal function (creatinine clearance <30 ml / min);
- If you are prescribed treatment with hemodialysis;
- Low levels of potassium and sodium in the blood ;
- At too high levels of calcium in the blood ;
- With increased levels of uric acid in the blood ( hyperuricemia ), or stop the production of urine ( anuria ) .
Take special care with Sarteg
- If you have a shortage of sodium or low blood volume , which can be accompanied by symptoms such as extreme thirst, dry mouth and fatigue ;
- If you have long-term heart failure or another disease that affects the body's control over blood pressure ;
- If you already made a kidney transplant ;
- If you have a narrowing of the renal arteries ;
- If you have a disorder characterized by excessive production of aldosterone in the body ( primary aldosteronism ) ;
- If you have one of these heart disease : failure of heart valve obstruction between the heart and the aorta (aortic stenosis) , heart valve disease with obstruction between the left atrium and left ventricle ( mitral stenosis) or enlargement of the heart muscle , leading to increased the dimensions of the heart ( obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy ) ;
- In impaired liver function ;
- If you have a chronic illness with rash , joint pain , muscle disease and changes in white blood cells (systemic lupus erythematosus ) ;
- If you are of African origin product may have a less pronounced effect in lowering blood pressure;
- If you have a metabolic disorder.
- If you are taking other medicines ( see " Taking other medicines"
- If you are allergic ( have hypersensitivity) to medicinal products in the same category as valsartan ( angiotensin II receptor antagonists ) ; '
- If you have allergies or asthma. Are allergic (hypersensitive ) to hydrochlorothiazide are more common in this group of patients.
You should tell your doctor if you think you are (or might become) pregnant. Sarteg HCT is not recommended in the early months of pregnancy and can cause serious damage to your baby after the third month of pregnancy , see Pregnancy and lactation .
The use of Sarteg NBT can give positive results in doping control.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines , including medicines obtained without a prescription , herbal preparations and large doses of vitamins and minerals.
It is extreme caution if you take:
- Another medicine for high blood pressure;
- Lithium (a medicine for mental illness);
- Medicines to increase or decrease the levels of potassium in your blood ;
- Medicines that affect of changing the levels of potassium in your blood ;
- Digitalis glycosides ( heart medicine ) ;
- Vitamin D or calcium salts ;
- Antidiabetic drugs ;
- Drugs for cardiovascular disease (beta -blocker ) or a too low blood sugar ( diazoxide ) ;
- Medicines for gout ( probenecid , sulfinpyrazone and allopurinol) ;
- Anticholinergic drugs (e.g., atropine, biperiden ) ;
- Drugs that cause vasoconstriction and cardiac stimulants (e.g., norepinephrine and epinephrine ) ;
- Amantadine (a medicine for Parkinson's disease , herpes zoster , and as a prophylactic agent against influenza ) ;
- Cholestyramine and colestipol resins ( drugs to lower blood cholesterol) ;
- Cytotoxic agents (e.g., cyclophosphamide, methotrexate) ;
- Analgesics and antiinflammatory agents (e.g., salicylic acid derivatives and indomethacin ) ;
- Muscle relaxants (eg tubocurarine) ;
- Cyclosporine ( an immunosuppressant used eg in organ transplant recipients ) ;
- Tetracycline ( medicines for bacterial infections) ;
- Alcohol , drugs and sedatives ;
- Methyldopa (a medicine for high blood pressure).
Tell your doctor if you have taken any of these drugs. If necessary start taking another drug while still Sarteg of NBT , inform your doctor.
Taking Sarteg HCT with food and drink
Sarteg HCT can be used in foods and beverages . The drug should be taken a glass of water . Alcohol can lead to low blood pressure or increase the risk of dizziness or fainting .
Pregnancy and lactation
Popitaite your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
You should tell your doctor if you are pregnant ( or planning pregnancy ) . In most cases, your doctor will advise you to take another medicine instead Sarteg NBT , as it is not recommended in early pregnancy and may cause serious harm to the fetus if used after the third month of pregnancy. Appropriate remedy for high blood pressure should normally replace Sarteg NBT before pregnancy. Your standard doctor will advise you to stop taking Sarteg NBT as you know you are pregnant . If you become pregnant during therapy with Sarteg NBT should inform and see your doctor immediately.
Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding or about to start breast-feeding. Sarteg HCT is not recommended if you are breastfeeding and your doctor may choose another treatment option if you want to breastfeed , especially if the child is newborn , or was born prematurely.
Driving and using machines
Sarteg HCT can cause side effects ( dizziness and fatigue ) in some patients , which can affect their ability to drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Sarteg
It contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have intolerance to some sugars , contact your doctor before taking the drug.
Sarteg HCT contains soya oil. If you are allergic to peanut or soya , do not take this medicine .
Sarteg HCT 160/12 , 5 mg also contain Sunset Yellow FCF ( E110 ) which may cause allergic reactions.
3 . HOW TO TAKE SARTEG
Always take Sarteg HCT exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist. The dosage is individual in most cases. Doses should not be changed and the treatment should not be interrupted without consulting a doctor.
Adults and elderly :
Recommended dosage : 1 tablet once a day .
Therapy should never begin with the highest drug concentration ( Sarteg HCT 160/25 mg) and never Sarteg until HCT 160/12 , 5 mg have been administered for several weeks. Always follow your doctor's instructions .
Maximum results in lowering the blood pressure will have seen within 2-4 weeks with Sarteg HCT 80/12 , 5 mg and Sarteg HCT 160/12 , 5 mg, but within 4-8 weeks with Sarteg HCT 160/25 mg .
Children and adolescents under 18 years of age:
Children and adolescents (under 18 years) should not take Sarteg NTC except on prescription , as the effect of the drug in children and adolescents is not known.
Impaired renal or hepatic function:
Persons with impaired hepatic function and / or severe renal impairment should not use Sarteg NBT .
Persons with mild to moderate hepatic impairment without cholestasis may take Sarteg HCT 80/12 , 5 mg prescription.
If you take more than the amount of Sarteg
Talk to your doctor or hospital if you take more than the recommended dose and feel discomfort.
Symptoms of overdose may include: Low blood pressure, dizziness, nausea, drowsiness, muscle pain and / or irregular heartbeat .
If you forget to take Sarteg
If you forget to take a dose, you should take it as soon as possible or to skip that dose until the time for taking the next . Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
If you have missed several doses or think you may have done so, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
If you stop taking Sarteg
Consult your doctor before you stop taking the drug.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all other medicines , Sarteg HCT can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The frequency of side effects as described below , is determined according to the following formulation :
Very common : affects more than 1 user in 10
Common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
Uncommon : affects 1 to 10 patients in 1000
Rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
Very rare : affects less than 1 user in 10,000
Not known: frequency can not be estimated from the available data
reported the following side effects:
Very rare side effects that may be serious:
Symptoms decreased platelet counts , e. easier occurrence of bleeding ,
bleeding becomes more frequent and easily prepared bruising . Serum Harusheniya with
symptoms such as skin rashes , fluid retention , joint pain and swelling
lymph nodes. Allergies ( hypersensitivity) with swelling of the face , eyelids,
lips, tongue and throat. Inflammation of blood vessels in kozhata.Neredoven heartbeat.
Upon observation of any side effects of the above should immediately contact a physician or a hospital.
Other side effects include:
Common: diarrhea, fatigue , inflammation of the nose and throat.
Uncommon: vision, nausea, gastrointestinal discomfort, abdominal pain, upper respiratory infection , urinary tract infection, viral infection , stuffy nose ( rhinitis) , change in the results of blood counts ( uric acid, creatinine and / or bilirubin) , low levels of potassium in the blood, increasing the level of sodium in the blood , limb pain , sprains , aches and sore joints, dizziness , cough, shortness of urination , pain in the chest.
Rare: Dizziness of heights , tinnitus , increased sweating, muscle pain , muscle weakness , low blood pressure.
Very rare : anemia , bleeding, fluid retention , hair loss, allergies , rash, itching.
Adverse reactions reported in previous periods due to valsartan or hydrochlorothiazide may occur during use of Sarteg NBT :
Very rare side effects that may be serious:
Impaired renal function or a further reduction of the already impaired renal
Other side effects observed in connection with valsartan :
Uncommon side effects: weakness , back pain , runny eyes, bad mood (depression) , nosebleeds , sleep disorders , muscle pain , inflammation of the sinuses , dizziness
Rare side effects: neuralgia .
Very rare side effects: pain in the stomach such as gastritis or inflammation of the stomach , pain in the joints.
Rare side effects and very rare side effects can be serious :
Bone marrow suppression , reduction of the immunogenic response and increased incidence of infections due to reduction of the number of white blood cells. Fever. Damage to the liver , yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice) . Numbness and paraesthesia of the hands, feet and lips. Necrosis of blood vessels. Peeling off the upper layer of the skin ( epidermal necrolysis ) . Peeling rash or other rash ( lupus erythematosus ), and their recurrence . Abdominal pain with nausea , vomiting or fever, which are symptoms of pancreatitis . Respiratory disorders, due to pneumonia or fluid accumulation in the lungs.
In the event of any of the above side effects , you should immediately contact a doctor or hospital.
Other side effects that have been observed in connection with hydrochlorothiazide :
Common side effects itchy skin rash and other types of rash, loss of appetite, moderate nausea and vomiting and lightheadedness when rising from a lying position impotence.
Rare side effects : Low sensitivity of the skin ( swelling and blistering ) , constipation, diarrhea , gastrointestinal disorders , liver damage , irregular heartbeat , headache, dizziness or transient dizziness , sleep disturbances , depression, impaired vision, decreased levels of platelets , accompanied sometimes by skin bleeding .
Very rare side effects : Reduction of blood cells , anemia, particularly reduced levels of red blood cells.
If any of the side effects gets serious , or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 . HOW TO STORE SARTEG
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not store above 30 ° C.
No special storage conditions.
Do not use Sarteg HCT after the expiry date stated on the box , blister or tablet container as EXP . The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment.
The tablets should not halve .
6 . ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What contain Sarteg
- Active ingredients: valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
- Excipients: core tablet : lactose monohydrate , microcrystalline cellulose , croscarmellose sodium, povidone K 29-32 , talc , magnesium stearate , silica colloidal anhydrous , film coating : polyvinyl alcohol , macrogol 3350, talc , lecithin ( contains soybean oil ) (E322 ), titanium dioxide ( E171 ), iron oxide red (E172) .
Sarteg HCT 80/12 , 5 mg and 160/25 mg tablets contain iron oxide yellow (E172) and iron oxide black ( E172) .
Sarteg HCT 160/12 , 5 mg film-coated tablets contain sunset yellow FCF aluminum lake ( E110 ) .