Rebetol. 200 mg. 168 capsules
Rebetol. 200 mg. 168 capsules
The active substance is Ribavirin
Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose , lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium , magnesium stearate.
The capsule shell contains gelatin and titanium dioxide. The inscriptions on the capsule shell contains : shellac, propylene glycol , ammonium hydroxide , coloring
Rebetol WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
Rebetol capsules are white , firm and opaque, imprinted with blue ink.
Rebetol inhibit growth of many types of viruses. The combined use of Rebetol with peginterferon alfa- 2b , or interferon alfa- 2b gives better results in the treatment of hepatitis C viral infection than was administered alone peginterferon alfa- 2b , or interferon alfa- 2b.
Rebetol is used in combination with peginterferon alfa- 2b or interferon alfa- 2b for the treatment of patients aged over 18 years with chronic hepatitis C. This includes previously untreated patients and those who responded to therapy with interferon alfa- 2b , but the disease has reappeared .
Rebetol is used in combination with interferon - alpha - 2b solution for injection in children 3 years of age with chronic hepatitis C who had not been treated previously . For children weighing less than 47 kg , there is syrup.
BEFORE YOU USE Rebetol
- You may need to do a study of the kidneys before starting treatment , especially if you are over 65 or have kidney disease
- Rebetol capsules are not recommended for children weighing less than 47 kg .
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had a serious illness. It is possible that treatment with Rebetol is not suitable for you
- Tell your doctor if you have had a heart attack or suffer from heart disease , severe liver disease, thyroid problems , if you have ever been treated for depression or any other psychiatric disorder , confusion, loss of consciousness, have had thoughts or attempts suicide.
Do not take Rebetol :
- If you are allergic to ribavirin or any of the other ingredients of Rebetol
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy . Rebetol can cause birth defects if a pregnant woman is treated with Rebetol or have sexual relations without protection with a man who is undergoing treatment with Rebetol . Rebetol can damage sperm and fetus. For these reasons , if you are a female patient , it is essential not to become pregnant during treatment and for 4 months after termination. If you are a male patient , it is important that your partner should not become pregnant during your treatment with Rebetol and seven months after it was completed .
- If you are breastfeeding a baby
- If you had a heart problem during the last six months or serious heart disease in the past
- If you have severe illnesses that cause a feeling of weakness , including severe kidney disease
- If you have other serious liver disease in addition to chronic hepatitis C.
- If you have a blood disease , including anemia, thalassemia, sickle cell anemia
- If you have autoimmune hepatitis or other disease of the immune system if you are taking drugs that suppress the immune system.
Children and adolescents:
- If you had a serious nervous or mental problems, such as severe depression or thoughts of suicide.
ADMISSION OF Rebetol with food and drink
Rebetol must be taken with food.
Rebetol must not be used by pregnant women
Rebetol must not be used by breast-feeding women . Stop breastfeeding before you start treatment with Rebetol .
DRIVE AND USE MACHINES
Rebetol does not affect the ability to drive and use machines but peginterferon alfa- 2b or interferon alfa - 2b may affect . Do not drive or operate machinery if you feel tired during the treatment.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Rebetol
Each capsule contains Rebetol small amounts of lactose. If your doctor has explained that you have an intolerance to some sugars, before use of Rebetol , talk to him.
HOW TO USE Rebetol
Rebetol capsules for oral administration
Adult patients with body weight:
- Less than 65 kg , the usual dose is 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules in the evening
- From 65 kg to 85 kg , the usual dose is 2 capsules in the morning and 3 capsules in the evening
- Over 85 kg the dose is 3 capsules in the morning and 3 capsules in the evening .
Children and adolescents with weight:
47 to 49 kg , the usual dose is 1 capsule in the morning and 2 capsules in the evening
- 50 to 65 kg , the usual dose is 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules in the evening
- Over 65 kg - see adult dose
Take your prescribed dose by mouth with water at mealtimes . Do not chew the capsules. For children and adolescents who can not swallow capsules ribavirin exists in the form of syrup.
Rebetol is used in combination with peginterferon alfa- 2b / adult / or interferon alfa- 2b / adults, children and adolescents / .
Peginterferon alfa - 2b : The usual dose is 1.5 mcg / kg body weight once weekly subcutaneous injection.
Interferon alfa- 2b for subcutaneous administration : The usual adult dose is 3 million International Units MIU three times a week, every other day, injected subcutaneously.
In children and adolescents , the usual dose is 3 MIU/M3 three times a week, every other day, injected subcutaneously.
In any given day is placed a dose of interferon alpha - 2b. He was injected three times a week, every other day.
Interferons may cause unusual tiredness , if we inject this medicine, use it at bedtime .
Rebetol in combination therapy with peginterferon alfa- 2b or interferon alfa- 2b is taken from 3 to 6 months , and sometimes up to a year , depending on the judgment of your doctor
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Immediately tell your doctor , if it occurs, any of the following side effects during treatment with Rebetol and peginterferon alfa- 2b or interferon alfa- 2b : chest pain or persistent cough , irregular heartbeat , confusion , depression, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempt, numbness, difficulty in sleeping, thinking and concentration , severe stomach pain, black or tarry stools, blood in the urine , severe nose bleeding , low back pain or lower back , difficulty in urinating, problems vision or hearing , severe skin rash or redness.
Reported the following side effects of combination therapy with Rebetol and peginterferon alfa- 2b or interferon alfa - 2b :
Very common - inflammation at the injection site , headache, fatigue , fever , weakness, weight loss , dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite, stomach pain, vomiting , dry mouth , muscle pain , pain in joints and muscles , depression , wake at night, anxiety or nervousness , hair loss, itching , dry skin and rash. Some children dampen growth.
Common - pain at the injection site , increased sweating , flushing , malaise , chest pain, high or low blood pressure , palpitations , swollen ankles or wrists , bruising , nausea , hand tremors , increased or decreased sensation of touch, migraine, pain joint pain , arthritis , dizziness, changes in voice or hearing , ear infections , Twitter , aggressive behavior , desire for self-harm, loss of interest , unusual crying , confusion , drowsiness, sleep disturbances , pain around the right ribs , enlarged liver , jaundice changes in taste , bleeding gums , increased appetite , thirst, coated tongue , rapid urination, urinary tract infections , irregular , altered or absent menstrual periods , chest pain , lack of sexual desire or sexual frustration , irritation in the prostate , fungal infections , sinusitis, nose bleeds, cough, stuffy or runny nose, skin sensitivity to sunlight , redness or other skin disorders , psoriasis .