Onbrez Breezhaler 150 mcg. 30 capsules
What is Onbrez Breezhaler?
Onbrez Breezhaler contains the active substance indacaterol which belongs to a group of medicines called bronchodilators. When you inhale it, it relaxes the muscles in the wall of the small air passages in the lungs and support their expansion and thus facilitating the inhalation and exhalation.
What is Onbrez Breezhaler?
Onbrez Breezhaler is used in adults who have breathing difficulties due to a lung disease called chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It helps you breathe more easily and minimize the effects of COPD.
2. What you should know before using Onbrez Breezhaler
Carefully follow all instructions of your doctor. They may differ from the general information in this leaflet.
Do not use Onbrez Breezhaler
- If you are allergic to indacaterol, lactose or gelatin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6). If this applies to you, tell your doctor without taking Onbrez
Breezhaler. If you think you may be allergic, talk to your doctor.
Warnings and Precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Onbrez Breezhaler
- If you have asthma (in this case you should not use Onbrez Breezhaler);
- If you have heart problems;
- If you have epilepsy;
- If you have thyroid problems (thyrotoxicosis)
- If you have diabetes.
Children and adolescents
Onbrez Breezhaler should not be used in children and adolescents under 18 years. During treatment with Onbrez Breezhaler,
- Stop using the medicine and tell your doctor immediately if you experience chest tightness, coughing, wheezing or breathlessness immediately after using the drug. These may be signs of a condition called bronchospasm.
- Tell your doctor immediately if your COPD symptoms (breathlessness, wheezing, cough) do not improve or get worse.
Other medicines and Onbrez Breezhaler
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
In particular, please tell your doctor if you use:
- Medicines for breathing problems that are similar to Onbrez Breezhaler. You may get side effects;
- Medicines called beta-blockers, used to treat high blood pressure or other cardiac problems (such as propranolol), or for an eye problem called glaucoma (such as timolol);
- Medicines that lower the amount of potassium in the blood. Include: o steroids (eg. Prednisone);
- Diuretics (water pills), which are used to treat high blood pressure, such as hydrochlorothiazide; o medicines for breathing problems such as theophylline.
Onbrez Breezhaler with food and drink
You can inhale Onbrez Breezhaler anytime before or after food or drink.
Pregnancy and lactation
If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, or are breast-feeding, tell your doctor before using Onbrez Breezhaler. You should not use Onbrez Breezhaler, unless your doctor tells you to do.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
It is unlikely that Onbrez Breezhaler can affect your ability to drive and use machines.
3. How to use Onbrez Breezhaler?
Always use this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
How much Onbrez Breezhaler to take?
- The usual dose is to inhale the contents of one capsule daily. Your doctor will tell you whether to use the 150 microgram capsule or the 300 microgram capsule depending on your condition and response to treatment. Do not take more than your doctor has told you.
- Use your inhaler at the same time each day, the effects last for 24 hours. This means that your body will always have enough medicine to help you breathe more easily throughout the day and night. Will also help you remember to take the medicine.
How to use Onbrez Breezhaler?
- This package will find an inhaler and capsules (in blister strip) containing a medicament in the form of powder for inhalation. Onbrez Breezhaler inhaler enables you to inhale the medicine contained in a capsule.
- Only use the capsules with the inhaler provided in this pack (inhaler Onbrez Breezhaler). The capsules should remain in the blister pack until it is time to use them.
- When you start a new pack, use the new inhaler Onbrez Breezhaler, in the pack.
- Dispose of each inhaler after 30 days of use.
- Do not swallow capsules.
- Please read the instructions at the end of this leaflet for further information on the use of the inhaler.
If you take more dose of Onbrez Breezhaler
If you have inhaled too much Onbrez Breezhaler or if someone else uses your capsules, tell your doctor immediately or go to the nearest emergency room. Show the pack of Onbrez Breezhaler. You may need medical attention.
If you forget to use Onbrez Breezhaler
If you forget to inhale a dose, the next day, inhale just one dose at the usual time. Do not inhale a double dose to make up the missed dose.
How long to continue your treatment with Onbrez Breezhaler?
- Keep using your treatment with Onbrez Breezhaler for as long as you have been told by your doctor.
- COPD is a chronic disease and you should use Onbrez Breezhaler every day and not only when you have breathing problems or other symptoms of COPD.
If you have any questions about the duration of treatment with Onbrez Breezhaler, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Some side effects can be serious. Tell your doctor immediately
• if you get crushing chest pain, or irregular heartbeat.
• if you experience symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions such as rash, itching, hives, difficulty breathing or swallowing, dizziness.
• if you have wheezing or coughing.
• if you have high blood sugar (diabetes). You will feel tired, very thirsty and hungry (without gaining weight) and will spend more urine than usual.
Other side effects may include:
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)
• flu-like symptoms. You may get all or most of the following symptoms: sore throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, sneezing, cough, headache.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• feeling of pressure or pain in the cheeks and forehead (inflammation of the sinuses)
• sore throat
• muscle spasms
• swelling of hands, ankles and feet (edema)
• itching / rash
• chest pain
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• tingling or numbness
If you get any side effects, tell your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible effects not listed in this leaflet.
Some people occasionally cough soon after inhaling the medicine. Cough is a common symptom of COPD. If you experience coughing briefly after inhaling the medicine, do not worry. Check your inhaler to see if you have inhaled the entire dose. If the capsule is empty, there's nothing to worry about. If the capsule is not empty then inhale again as directed.
5. How to store Onbrez Breezhaler?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the carton and blister. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not store above 30 ° C.
Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture and do not remove until immediately before use.
Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Do not dispose of medications in wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. Contents of the pack and other information
What Onbrez Breezhaler?
- Each capsule Onbrez Breezhaler 150 microgram contains 150 microgram indacaterol as indacaterol maleate. The other ingredients are lactose and gelatin.
- Each capsule Onbrez Breezhaler 300 microgram contains 300 microgram indacaterol as indacaterol maleate. The other ingredients are lactose and gelatin.
Onbrez Breezhaler looks like and contents of the pack?
In this package you will find an inhaler, together with capsules in blister strips. The capsules are clear and colorless and contain a white powder.
- Capsules Onbrez Breezhaler 150 microgram are transparent and colorless. They have a black product code IDL 150 "printed above and a black company logo ('' • '). Printed below a black bar.
- Capsules Onbrez Breezhaler 300 microgram are transparent and colorless. They have a blue product code IDL 300 "printed above and a blue company logo ('' • '). Printed below a blue bar.
The following packages:
Box containing 10 capsules (1x10 capsule blister strips) and 1 inhaler. Carton containing 30 capsules (3x10 capsule blister strips) and 1 inhaler. Multipack comprising 2 packs (each containing 30 capsules and 1 inhaler). Multipack comprising 3 packs (each containing 30 capsules and 1 inhaler). Multipack comprising 30 packs (each containing 10 capsules and 1 inhaler).