OSPAMOX QUICKTAB 1000 mg. 14 tablets
Ospamox QUICKTAB is an antibiotic. It belongs to a group of antibiotics called penicillins. It is used to treat infections caused by bacteria which are sensitive to amoxicillin.
Ospamox QUICKTAB is used to treat:
• Infections of the ear, throat, nose and sinuses
• Chest infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia
• Infections of the bladder
• Prevention of infections of the heart operations of the mouth or throat
2. Before you take Ospamoks QUICKTAB
Do not take Ospamox QUICKTAB if:
- Are allergic (hypersensitivity) to amoxicillin, penicillin, cephalosporin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (See additional information in point 6).
Take special care with Ospamox QUICKTAB:
Before you take Ospamox QUICKTAB tell your doctor if you have or have ever had:
- Kidney disease: you may need your doctor to adjust the dose.
- Infectious mononukpeoza (viral infection) or leukemia may have an increased risk of skin reactions.
- Allergies or asthma.
- catheter in the bladder. If so, take a large amount of fluids to prevent the formation of crystals in the urine.
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea, absorption of the drug may not be safe.
This drug may also affect the results of urine tests for sugar. Tell your doctor if you have diabetes and routinely examine your urine. This is necessary because you may need to use other tests.
Taking other medicines:
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. Some medicines can cause problems if you take them with Ospamox QUICKTAB.
Take special care while taking the following medications:
- Antibiotics such as macrolides, tetratsikpini, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol, the effect of Ospamox QUICKTAB can be reduced.
- Probenecid (used to treat gout) may rise levels of amoxicillin in the blood and bile.
- Allopurinol (used to treat gout) may have a higher risk of skin reactions.
- Methotrexate (used for the treatment of arthritis): the toxicity of methotrexate can be increased.
- Digoxin (used to treat certain cardiac diseases): the absorption of digoxin can be increased.
- Anticoagulants (prevent blood clotting) and coumarin, can increase the tendency for bleeding.
- Contraceptive tablets: there is a risk to weaken the effect of the contraceptive pill
- Disulfiram (used for the treatment of alcoholism) should not be used concurrently with Ospamox QUICKTAB
Taking Ospamox QUICKTAB with food and drink:
You can take Ospamox QUICKTAB before, during or after a meal.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Ask your doctor before taking any medicine.
Data from a limited number of pregnant women taking the product showed no side effects of amoxicillin on pregnancy or health of the fetus or newborn. As a precautionary measure, amoxicillin should be used during pregnancy only if the decision of the physician the potential benefits outweigh the possible risks. This medicine is excreted in small amounts in breast milk, therefore breast-fed baby may occur diarrhea and colonization of the lining of the digestive tract by fungi. Therefore, it may be necessary to wean the infant.
Driving and using machines:
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of this medicine
Ospamox QUICKTAB contains sweetener aspartame, a source of phenylalanine. This can be harmful for people with phenylketonuria.
How to take Ospamox QUICKTAB
Always take Ospamox QUICKTAB just as you have been told your doctor. If you are unsure ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The tablets can be used in two ways. You can swallow your tablets with a drink of water or first tablets dissolve in water and then drink them. The tablets may be broken in order to facilitate swallowing.
The usual dose for adults and children over 12 years is 750 mg to 3000 mg daily doses. In specific cases (bronchitis) may be recommended, a dose of 1000 mg twice daily.
Your doctor will tell you how long you should take your medicine.
Patients with kidney disease
You may need your doctor to reduce the dose.
If you take more than the amount Ospamox QUICKTAB:
If you take too much of this medicine (overdose), contact your doctor or go immediately to the hospital and show package. The most likely signs of overdose are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
If you forget to take Ospamox QUICKTAB:
If you forget to take a dose of this medicine, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose to make up the missed dose.
If you stop taking Ospamox QUICKTAB:
Always keep taking this medicine until you finish the course of treatment even if you feel better. If you stop taking this medicine too soon, the infection can be restored. Also, bacteria can become resistant to the drug. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Ospamox QUICKTAB can cause side effects, although not everybody poluchava.Ako notice any of the following serious side effects, contact your doctor or go to hospital:
The following serious side effects are rare (affecting less than 1 in 1,000):
• Sudden difficulty in breathing, speaking or swallowing
• Painful swelling of the lips, tongue, face or neck
• Severe dizziness or collapse
• Severe or itchy skin rashes, especially if there is blistering and there is irritation of the eyes, mouth or genitals
• Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes or dark urine and feces fading: This is a sign of liver problems.
The following side effects are very rare (affecting less than 1 in 10, 000 patients):
• Diarrhea that is serious, lasts a long time or has bloody: This could be a sign of serious bowel inflammation.
Other possible side effects during treatment:
The following side effects are common (affecting less than 1 in 10 patients):
• Nausea, vomiting, anorexia, dysgeusia, dry mouth, diarrhea or loose stools, these reactions are usually mild and disappear during treatment or very soon after cessation of treatment.
• Hives, skin rash of "fifth day" which resembles measles.
The following side effects are uncommon (affecting less than 1 in 100):
• Superinfections caused by resistant microbes or fungi (such as fungi in the mouth or vagina).
• Moderate rise in liver enzymes. The following side effects are rare (affecting less than 1 in 1000 patients):
• Increase in the number of certain white blood cells (eosinophilia), abnormal destruction of red blood cells (hemolytic anemia).
• Drug fever.
• Dizziness, hyperactivity, convulsions.
• Change the color of your teeth. The modified color can be removed with a toothbrush.
• Hepatitis and cholestatic jaundice.
• Inflammation of kidneys (interstitial nephritis). The following side effects are very rare (affecting less than 1 in 10, 000 patients):
• Change in blood count (reducing the number of red and white blood cells and platelets), prolongation of bleeding time. These events were reversible upon discontinuation of treatment.
• Dark spots on the tongue.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor.
5. How to store Ospamox QUICKTAB
Keep out of reach of children. Keep at temperatures below 25 ° C Do not use Ospamoks QUICKTAB after the expiry date stated on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Medicines should not be disposed of in wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Additional information What Ospamox QUICKTAB
The active substance is amoxicillin.
Each dispersible tablet Ospamox QUICKTAB 500 mg tablet contains amoxycillin trihydrate corresponding to 500 mg amoxycillin.
Each dispersible tablet Ospamox QUICKTAB 1000 mg contains amoxycillin trihydrate corresponding to 1000 mg of amoxycillin.
Other ingredients are: peach-apricot powdered flavor, orange flavor powder, magnesium stearate E470V, aspartame E951, croscarmellose sodium, mannitol E421, talc E553Y, colloidal anhydrous silica E551, microcrystalline cellulose E460, maltodextrin, soluble starch, titanium dioxide E171.
Ospamox QUICKTAB looks like and contents of the pack
Ospamox QUICKTAB 500 mg dispersible tablets.
The tablets are oblong, biconvex, white to yellowish white, 8x18 mm, scored
Packaging of 10.12, 16, 20, 30, 500 and 1000 tablets in PVC / PVDC / AI blister.