OMEPROZONE. 20 mg. 28 capsules
OMEPROZONE. 20 mg. 28 capsules
Each capsule contains : Omeprazole (DCI) .............. 20 mg
Sucrose , corn starch , karboksimetilamidin semi - hidrazenirano soybean oil (Myvacet), talc , sodium lauryl sulfate , povidone , hypromellose , hypromellose phthalate . A gelatin capsule contains : gelatin , indigo carmine ( E132 ), titanium dioxide (E 171 ) , erythrosine ( E 127 ) , quinoline yellow new (E 104) .
AEKARSTVENA FORM AND CONTENT OF PACKAGE
The bottle contains 14 or 28 gastro-resistant capsules.
Omeprozone acts by suppressing the hydrogen pump in gastric parietal cells. Therefore, it reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach .
- Treatment of duodenal ulcer and benign gastric ulcer , including shapes that are due to the complication of the treatment with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ( NSAIDs) ;
• Prophylactic treatment of duodenal ulcer, benign gastric ulcer and / or gastroduodenal lesions caused by nestvroidni inflammatory drugs ( NSAIDs ) in "problem patients " ( elderly and / or people with a history of gastroduodenal erosions ) , requiring prolonged treatment with NSAIDs ;
- Gastro -oesophageal reflux. Omeprozone recommended for the treatment of gastro -oesophageal reflux disease, severe symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease without inflammation and mild symptoms resistant to usual treatment:
- Syndrome Zollinger - Ellison
- Treatment of the gastric and duodenal ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori, in dual therapy ( combination therapy with Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin) or triple therapy ( combination therapy with two antimicrobial agents simultaneously ) , in which the rate of eradication is significantly higher , with shorter treatment period.
Omeprozone is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to omeprazole or intolerance to excipients . You must tell your doctor if you have had an unusual reaction to other drugs.
Omeprozone is prescribed only for the above treatment. Do not take this medication without a doctor's prescription . Only a doctor can prescribe it . Give it to another , even if they have similar symptoms.
Before starting treatment with Omeprozone must tell your doctor if you are taking other medicines , including those for which no prescription is required .
When co-administered with other drugs , Omeprozone may influence the effects of drugs that prevent anxiety (Diazepam), clotting drugs (Warfarin) or against epilepsy (Phenytoin). During treatment with Omeprozone taking substances rub against acids. Treatment with Omeprozone not affected by concomitant administration of anti-inflammatory drugs , food or other drugs.
Pregnancy and lactation
Omeprozone should not be used during pregnancy and lactation unless its use is imperative . During breast feeding if necessary to give Omeprozone 20 mg should be discontinued breastfeeding.
Effects darhu ability to drive
No undesirable effects on drivers.
Use in elderly patients
Indications and dosage are the same as in adults.
Use in children
Not recommended due to limited experience .
Omeprozone should be administered in the morning by swallowing whole capsule with liquid . Patients with swallowing difficulties can open the capsule and swallow the contents or prepare slurry with less acidic liquid such as yogurt or juice. This suspension should be drunk no later than 30 minutes after cooking her Patients may open the capsule and swallow the contents , but should not chew or crush it to pieces.
- Duodenal ulcer , gastric ulcer . gastro-oesophageal reflux disease : In accordance with the seriousness of the ulcer or inflammation of the recommended dose is 20-40 mg Omeprozone QD ( 1-2 capsules each) for 2-8 weeks. For maintenance treatment of duodenal ulcer gastro-oesophageal reflux maintenance dose is 20 mg Omeprozone ( 1 capsule ) once daily for 8 months.
Symptomatic gastro-oesophageal reflux disease : the recommended dose is 20 mg Omeprozone ( 1 capsule ) once daily.
- Gastric, duodenal ulcer or gastric erosions ezofagvalni associated with treatment with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ( NSAIDs) : for the treatment of ulcers caused by the administration of NSAIDs, the recommended dose is 20 mg Omeprozone ( 1 capsule) once daily for 4-8 weeks.
- Syndrome Zollinger-Ellison: the recommended starting dose is 60 mg Omeprozone ( 3 capsules ) daily. Larger doses up to 80 mg Omeprozone ( 4 capsules ) daily should be divided and given twice daily .
- Duodenal and / or stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori: the usual dose is 40 mg Omeprozone ( 2 capsules ) once daily or 20 mg Omeprozone ( 1 capsule) twice daily, administered with the following antibiotics :
* Use of Omeprozone with two antibiotics
Omeprozone with Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin, both of which are two times a day for 1 week or Omeprozone with Clarithromycin and Metronidazole ( or Tinidazole), both of which are two times a day for 1 week , or with Amoxicillin and Omeprozone Metron dazole, both of them 3 times daily for 1 week.
- Application of an antibiotic Omeprozone_s
40-80 mg Omeprozone (2-4 capsules each) daily and Amoxicillin twice a day for 2 weeks or 40 mg Omeprozone ( 2 capsules ) per day and Clarithromycin 3 times a day for 2 weeks. If symptoms persist after treatment , your doctor will decide whether it is necessary to repeat or change your treatment .
There is no experience in pediatric patients and the drug is not recommended for children.
In elderly patients it is not necessary to adjust the above doses .
Change in renal function
In patients with a change in renal function is not necessary to adjust the dose .
Change in liver function
In patients with impaired hepatic function dose of 20 mg Omeprozone usually sufficient because the bioavailability and half-life of Omeprozone.
What should you do if you miss a dose
If you forget to take a dose Omeprozone, take it immediately and continue to follow the dosing schedule . If there are a few hours to the next dose , do not take the missed dose and wait for the next time .
Although not noted any symptoms in patients who have taken an overdose Omeprozone, you should inform your doctor or pharmacist in this case . Doses up to 400 mg, taken orally, did not cause serious symptoms.
Omeprozone well tolerated. Side effects usually decrease or disappear when treatment is interrupted . Registered the following side effects , but not causal relationship to treatment with Omeprozone: headache, diarrhea, constipation , abdominal pain, nausea , vomiting, and flatulence .
Rare skin rashes syndrome Steven Johnson, toxic epidermal necrolysis , urticaria , feeling short of breath , tingling , itching , insomnia, drowsiness , dizziness and malaise . Isolated cases : photosensitivity , hair loss, joint pain, muscle weakness , confusion , agitation , depression and hallucinations in severely ill patients , dry mouth , inflammation of the mouth , infections of the gastrointestinal tract , disorientation , confusion , decreased consciousness in patients with pre-existing liver disease, liver inflammation with or without jaundice , hepatic failure, gynecomastia ( breast swelling ) , disorders of the blood forming organs ( low blood counts : leukopenia , thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, agranulocytosis) , swelling , fever, general ill condition , tightness of the chest, increased sweating , blurred vision , changes in taste .
If you experience symptoms or side effects , you should tell your doctor.
May occur and other side effects.
If you notice any side effects not listed above, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist .
No special storage conditions.
This medicine should not be used after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle.