Nexium. 40 mg. 7 tablets
Nexium. 40 mg. 7 tablets
What goes in your medicine ?
Each tablet contains the magnesium salt of esomeprazole, the active ingredient (esomeprazole). Each tablet also contains glycerol monostearate, hyprolose , hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid, eatilakrilat copolymer mikrikristalna cellulose , synthetic paraffin , macrogol , polysorbate 80 , crospovidone , sodium stearyl fumarate , sugar spheres ( sucrose and corn starch ) .
WHAT IS YOUR MEDICINE AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
NEXIUM is a group of medicines called ' proton pump inhibitors ' gastric glands. It reduces the amount of secreted hydrochloric acid in your stomach by gastric zhlezi.NEXIUM used to treat the following conditions :
• When does the return of stomach acid into the esophagus and causes a burning pain behind the breastbone ( gastroesophageal reflux disease - GERD)
• symptoms like pain or discomfort in the stomach or upper part of the abdomen , caused by pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs (treatment of the symptoms of the upper digestive tract associated with the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug ( NSAID ) therapy )
• Ulcers : Prevention and healing of ulcer caused by pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs ( healing of gastric ulcer and prevention of gastric and duodenal ulcers associated with NSAID therapy )
• In the treatment for the removal of infection with bacteria called Helicobacter pylori contributing to the formation of inflammation and ulceration of the stomach and duodenum.
• Condition hypersecretion , including excess stomach acidity resulting hormonoprodutsirashti tumors ( syndrome Zollinger-Ellison)
Before taking your medicine
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including those you have bought without a prescription.
Do not take these tablets
• If you are allergic to any component of NEXIUM
• If you are allergic to other similar proton pump inhibitors ( omeprazole , losek etc. . ) .
Take special care with these tablets.
• If you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Pain or indigestion during treatments with Nexium
- You begin to vomit blood or food
- Black ( stained with blood) excrement .
Immediately contact your doctor
• If you are taking the following medicines : medicines for fungal infections ( itraconazole, ketoconazole , voriconazole ) , anxiety ( diazepam ) , epilepsy ( phenytoin) , blood clots ( warfarin ) and drugs for faster gastric emptying ( cisapride ) .
• If you have severe liver problems . You should discuss this with your doctor as he / she may want to reduce the dose .
• If you have severe kidney problems. You should discuss this with your doctor.
• If you are prescribed triple therapy for the removal of the gastric mucosa of the bacterium Helicobacter pilory taking NEXIUM or only when needed, please tell your doctor about all other medicines you are taking .
Pregnancy and lactation
• Before you take NEXIUM, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. NEXIUM should not be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding without doctor's advice .
Effects on ability to drive and use machines
Nexium is unlikely to affect your ability to drive and use machines.
Using other medicines
Action of the drug may be affected if Nexium is applied at the same time with some medicines used to prevent fungal infections ( itraconazole, ketoconazole , voriconazole ) , anxiety ( diazepam ) , epilepsy ( phenytoin) , blood clots ( warfarin) , drugs for accelerating gastric emptying ( cisapride ) and drugs for the treatment of HIV ( atazanavir ) .
How should you take your medicine ?
Your doctor will tell you how many tablets to take and when to take them . The amount of active ingredient in the tablets and the time that will take will depend on the condition you are suffering . You can take the tablets with or without food . Tablets should not be chewed or mashed. They should be swallowed whole with half a glass technost.Tabletkite can also be put in half a cup of water, where it will be broken for ease of swallowing . Do not use any other liquid . Swallow all the pellets to which the tablet will disintegrate without chewing . Do not leave the pellets in water more than 30 minutes before you drink it. After you drink the contents, rinse the glass with half a glass of water and drink ostataka.Gastro -oesophageal reflux disease (GERD )
The usual dose for the treatment of inflammation and pain in the esophagus ( erosive Symptoms of GERD ) is NEXIUM 40 mg once daily. The total duration of therapy is 4 to 8 weeks , depending on the severity of the disease and how you respond to lechenieto.Za to prevent recurrence of the disease , the usual dose is 20 mg NEXIUM once dnevno.Obichaynata dose for the treatment of symptoms such as pain zadgradnata in bone and acid regurgitation ( symptomatic treatment of gastroesophageal refduksna disease) is NEXIUM 20 mg once daily. If symptoms do not resolve after 4 weeks should consult their treating lekar.Kogato symptoms disappear , your doctor may tell you to take NEXIUM 20 mg once daily only when needed .
Children between 12-18 years
The usual dose for the treatment of inflammation and pain in the esophagus ( erosive reflux esophagitis ) is NEXIUM 40 mg once daily. The total duration of therapy is 4 to 8 weeks , depending on the severity of the disease and how you respond to lechenieto.Za to prevent recurrence of the disease , the usual dose is 20 mg NEXIUM once dnevno.Obichaynata dose for the treatment of symptoms such as pain zadgradnata in bone and acid regurgitation ( symptomatic treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease) is NEXIUM 20 mg once daily. If symptoms do not resolve after 4 weeks should consult their treating lekar.Kogato symptoms disappear , your doctor may tell you to take NEXIUM 20 mg once daily.
Patients requiring long-term therapy with NSAIDs
The usual adult dose for the treatment of pain or discomfort in the stomach or upper part of the abdomen , caused by pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs (treatment of the symptoms of upper gastrointestinal tract caused by NSAID SNSPVL ) therapy ) is 20 mg once Nexium daily. If symptoms persist after four weeks , consult their treating lekar.Obichaynata dose for ulcer healing caused by pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medicines Nexium 20 daily for 4 to 8 sedmitsi.Obichaynata dose for prevention of ulcers caused by pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medicines Nexium 20 QD .
Treatment of infection of the gastric mucosa with the bacterium Helicobacter pylori
The usual dose of NEXIUM in adults is 20 mg twice daily. In helikobakterialnata infection except Nexium treatment must be carried out with at least two antibiotics such as amoxicillin and clarithromycin or drug.Obichaynata duration of treatment is one sedmitsa.Spazvayte instructions for taking your medication carefully and if you are not sure, talk to your doctor . This treatment will cure available ulcers and prevent recurrence of ulcers .
The usual initial dose in adults for the treatment of conditions of hypersecretion . including increased gastric pH as a result of tumor hormonoprodudirashi Ssindrom of Zollinger-Ellison ') is Nexium 40 mg twice daily . Your doctor will adjust the dose according to your needs and will also decide what will be the duration of treatment.
NEXIUM should not be used in children under 12 years of age , NEXIUM may be used in elderly patients .
If you have noticed that the effect of NEXIUM is too strong or too weak , talk to your doctor or pharmacist .
If you take more than necessary NEXIUM
If you take more than the recommended number of tablets , immediately contact your doctor .
If you forget to take a dose
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember . However, if almost time for your next dose , skip the missed dose, just take the next time . Do not take a double dose to make .
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines in the use of Nexium can be observed adverse reactions. Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following : headache , diarrhea, flatulence, kor_emna pain, nausea / vomiting , constipation, various skin reactions (rash, dermatitis , pruritus, urticaria), burning / stinging / tingling , abnormal drowsiness , dizziness , vertigo, dry mouth or peripheral edema . All these side effects of Nexium are leki.V rare cases may appear blurred vision, severe allergic reactions ( swelling , anaphylactic reaction / shock) , muscle pain , abnormal blood counts ( reduced number of cells in the blood as leukopenia and thrombocytopenia ) depression , low levels of sodium in the blood , nervousness , confusion, taste disturbances, tightness in the chest , inflammation in the mouth , gastrointestinal fungal infection, inflammation of the liver ( with or without jaundice) , alopecia , photosensitivity , joint inflammation , feeling of fatigue and increased izpotyavane.Mnogo rarely during treatment with Nexium reported severe skin disorders and other blood disorders ( agranulocytosis and pancytopenia ) , aggression , hallucinations , impaired liver function, impaired consciousness , muscle weakness, inflammation of the kidneys and increased breast mazhe.Slednata adverse reaction can also rarely occur with the use of Nexium. This can be observed only in blood samples : increased levels of liver enzimi.Ako experience any of these side effects or notice any , please talk with your doctor or pharmacist .
HOW TO KEEP YOUR MEDICINE ?
Keep your tablets in a place where children can not reach them and see them.
Keep your tablets in the original package until time of intake below 30 ° S.Sahranyavayte container closed tightly .
Do not take your tablets after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
Remember to return any unused tablets to your pharmacist.