NEUROLAX 25 mg. 50 tablets
Excipients: lactose monohydrate, wheat starch, povidone; silica colloidal anhydrous; talc, magnesium stearate, basic butylated methacrylate copolymer, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000, glycerol.
1. WHAT NEUROLAX AND WHAT IT IS USED
Neurolax is a medicine that removes the fear, tension and anxiety. Has soothing (sedative), hypoallergenic (antihistamine) and antiemetic (antiemetic) action. Removes and significantly relieves persistent itching in some diseases.
Neurolax has the following applications:
To eliminate and reduce anxiety and tension in adults to relieve and eliminate persistent itching in some allergic diseases (chronic urticaria, allergic skin diseases) and to remove tension before surgical procedures.
2. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE NEUROLAX
This product does not apply to:
• hypersensitivity (allergy) to the active substance cetirizine or any of the excipients included in the composition of the product;
• pregnancy lactation.
In the application of this product, please note the following:
• This product should be administered with caution in patients with glaucoma, urinary abnormalities with different backgrounds, reduced motor activity of the stomach and intestines, myasthenia gravis, epilepsy, some diseases of the heart, kidneys and liver.
• The product is used with caution in patients at increased risk of seizures. It should be borne in mind that in children and elderly patients, due to increased sensitivity to the action of the product, there is an increased excitability of the CNS and predisposed to seizures.
• The product should not be taken with alcohol and medicines of MAO - inhibitors. This product can affect the results of certain diagnostic tests (methacholine bronchial challenge and skin test for allergies); it is recommended that discontinuation of the product at least 5 days prior to study initiation.
• The composition of the excipients included wheat starch, which can be dangerous for people with celiac disease.
• This medicinal product contains lactose, which makes it unsuitable for patients with lactase deficiency, galactosemia or glucose / galactose malabsorption.
Application of Neurolax and intake of foods and drinks:
During the treatment the product must not be used alcohol as it enhances its activity and may lead to the occurrence of side effects.
Before intake of any medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use during pregnancy. The drug crosses the placenta. In infants whose mothers used the product during pregnancy were seen in movement disorders, convulsions, drop in blood pressure and other adverse events.
Before intake of any medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use during lactation. If necessary, by use in lactating women are recommended to discontinue breastfeeding during the treatment with the product.
Driving and using machines
Does not apply to drivers of persons working with machines and in patients whose activity requires caution, rapid mental and motor responses.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Neurolax
The composition of the excipients included wheat starch, which can be dangerous for people with celiac disease.
This medicinal product contains lactose, which makes it unsuitable for patients with lactase deficiency, galactosemia or glucose / galactose malabsorption.
Taking other medicines:
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, even if they have not been prescribed by your doctor.
This material enhances the action of certain drugs such as suppressing the central nervous system, the products of the group of MAO inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, and atropine.
Alcohol increases the effects of hydroxyzine.
Neurolax inhibits the action of betahistine-containing products are those from the group of anticholinesterase agents of adrenaline and apomorphine.
Cimetidine decreased the plasma concentrations of the active ingredient and increases the plasma concentrations of its metabolittsetirizin.
3. HOW TO USE NEUROLAX
Always Neurolax as instructed by your doctor.
• Treatment of anxiety: the recommended daily dose of 50 mg (2 tablets) taken in two doses - 1 tablet morning and evening.
• Maximum daily dose: 300 mg (12 tablets).
• To relieve and eliminate itching: The recommended initial daily dose of 25 mg (1 tablet) once in the hours before sleep. If necessary, the dose may be increased - one tablet 3-4 times a day.
• Before surgical procedures: 2-8 tablets daily, administered once or in two divided doses, at the discretion of the physician.
• To relieve and eliminate itching: recommended daily dose 1-2 mg / kg, taken as divided doses.
• Prior to surgical procedures: a single dose of 1 mg / kg before surgery and a single dose of 1 mg / kg in the evening before the operation.
Formulation is not suitable for children under 6 years of age.
• In elderly patients initiate treatment with lower doses as increasing the dose gradually, until a desired effect.
• In patients with liver and kidney diseases, dose reduction at the discretion of the physician.
If you have the impression that the effect of the application of Neurolax is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you used a higher dose Neurolax
When taking a higher dose than prescribed immediately consult a doctor!
Symptoms of overdose are mostly the side of the gastro - intestinal tract and nervous system - nausea, vomiting, abnormal movements, tremor, agitation, increase in body temperature (more common in children), seizures in adults more often observed depression, drowsiness, loss of consciousness.
In these cases, taking the product immediately terminated. Treatment is carried out with appropriate symptomatic agents.
If signs of overdose, immediately contact a doctor!
If you forget to use Neurolax
If you miss a dose, take it at the next regular intake without increasing the dose.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Neurolax can cause side effects.
The following are possible side effects:
• From the nervous system and analysts: seizures, dizziness, dyskinesia, headache, insomnia, somnolence, tremor, agitation, confusion, hallucinations, blurred vision, visual disturbances.
• the part of the gastrointestinal tract: dry mouth, constipation, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, loose stools, epigastric pain, heartburn and discomfort, changes in liver laboratory parameters.
• On behalf of the urinary system: difficulty urinating, urinary retention,
• Allergic reactions: rash, itching, increased sweating, hives, allergic shock.
• Other: bronchospasm and shortness of breath, fatigue, malaise, fever, drop in blood pressure.
If you notice any side effects, including those not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
• At temperatures below 25 ° C.
• Keep out of reach of children!
• Shelf life: 3 (three) years from date of manufacture.
• Do not use after the expiry date stated on the packaging!