NEORALIT SR 540 mg. 30 tablets
NEORALIT SR 540 mg. 30 tablets
Each tablet contains NEORALIT SR 195 mg of potassium in the form of 540 mg potassium citrate equal to 5 mEq potassium.
The other ingredients of the tablet are: microcrystalline cellulose, mal-todekstrin, copovidone, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide.
- Read this leaflet carefully before you start taking the drug.
- If you have further questions, ask your doctor.
- This article does not claim to cure, but provides the body's daily requirement of potassium and citrate ions.
I. WHAT IS NEORALIT SR
NEORALIT SR is the citrate salt of the element potassium, which is necessary for the maintenance of acid-base balance in the body and for the proper functioning of vital organs such as the heart and kidneys.
NEORALIT SR is a dietary supplement.
II. HOW DOES NEORALIT SR
NEORALIT SR provides the body with potassium and citrate ions in the form of prolonged-release tablets, which ensures a gradual entry of the active substances in the body, to maintain a relatively constant level of active substances, better tolerability and a lower risk of gastric irritation .
III. WHO SHOULD NOT TAKE NEORALIT SR
Not recommended adoption of NEORALIT SR in case of:
• Hypersensitivity to any component of the tablet. The most common symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling of lips and face, shortness of breath. Ask your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.
• High levels of potassium in the blood
• Heart failure
• Renal failure
IV. WHAT SHOULD I TELL MY DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING NEORALIT SR
Tell your doctor if:
• For you apply any of the following conditions:
- Untreated diabetes
- Addison's disease
- Serious tissue damage as severe burns
- Ulcers of the stomach and duodenum
- Severe dehydration
- Chronic diarrhea
- Ischemic heart disease or myocardial infarction
- Swelling of the feet and legs
- High blood pressure
- Pregnancy, planning pregnancy and lactation
- Obstruction of the esophagus, stomach and intestines.
- Genitourinary infection
• If you use any of the following: aspirin, diuretics, potassium-containing preparations, salt substitutes, steroids, medicines for high blood pressure, quinidine, antacids, methenamine, ACE inhibitors (Captopril, Enalapril, Benazepril)
This list may be incomplete, so tell your doctor about all medications, vitamins, minerals, herbal products and nutritional supplements you are taking. Do not start taking any new medicine without consulting your doctor.
V. WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF NEORALIT SR
At recommended doses of potassium citrate is generally well tolerated. During the first few days, you may experience symptoms of abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting and loose stool until the body adapts to the drug. Be sure to tell your doctor if these symptoms continue or worsen, and in the case of stomach pain, weakness, muscle pain, fast or irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, tingling or numbness of the extremities, nervousness, unpleasant taste in the mouth, shiny black stools .
VI. HOW TO TAKE NEORALIT SR
Typically NEORALIT SR is administered three times daily in doses, depending on the individual needs. In the event that your doctor recommends otherwise, taking three times two NEORALIT SR tablets during meals or half an hour after eating. Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water (240 ml). Increased fluid intake (2-3 liters per day) is recommended when using NEORALIT SR. Do not chew or crush the tablets. Do not lie down for at least half an hour after taking the drug. If you miss a dose, take the scheduled dose as soon as you remember. If you remember too late, and it is almost time for your next dose, wait and take the prescribed dose as at the time of the next dose, skipping missed dose. Never take a double dose to make up the missed dose.
In case of overdose seek immediate medical attention. The symptoms of overdose usually include heaviness in limbs, muscle weakness, stiffness, slow or uneven heartbeat, feeling of loss of consciousness.
Store the preparation at a temperature between 15 and 30 ° C in a dry place out of direct sunlight and sight of children. Drug store in the bathroom. Keep NEORALIT SR in the original packaging. Do not use the drug after expiry date, or if the packaging is broken.
VIII. Additional Information
Potassium citrate alter acidity (pH) of the urine making it alkaline, and affects a number of pathological conditions related to the high acidity of the urine as urate and calcium kidney stones, gout, renal tubular acidosis, etc..
While taking NEORALIT SR need to periodically examine the acidity (pH) of urine test strips through applied to the preparation. The acidity (pH) of the urine allows to estimate the correct dosage of the preparation. It is understood that the dose is correctly selected, when the pH of urine is in the context of the physiological and pH values (6.6-6.8). It is recommended that the study of the acidity (pH) of the urine to be carried out twice daily.