MINIDIAB. 5 mg. 30 tablets
MINIDIAB. 5 mg. 30 tablets
What's in your medicine
MINIDIAB tablets containing 5 mg of the drug glipizide ( glipizide ) . Tablets also contain excipients , microcrystalline cellulose , starch , stearic acid and laktoza.Tabletkite provided in 30 pieces in a package.
What type of drug is MINIDIAB
MINIDIAB is an antidiabetic drug that helps to lower blood sugar levels . It belongs to the group of sulfonylurea antidiabetic drugs.
What does your medicine
MINIDIAB be used to reduce blood sugar levels in patients suffering from insulin - dependent diabetes mellitus , also referred to as diabetes of adulthood or diabetes type I, where appropriate diet , administered alone , had failed .
Before starting treatment with MINIDIAB
You must tell your doctor if:
• you are allergic ( hypersensitive) to glipizide or any of the excipients in the formulation of MINIDIAB described above in "What's in your medicine " ;
• you have l- type ( insulin-dependent ) diabetes ;
- You have acetone and sugar in the urine ( this may mean that you have ketoacidosis)
- Have kidney problems and liver , • have had cases of loss of consciousness (diabetic coma) ;
• are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding ;
• are taking other medicines ;
• eat irregularly , drink alcohol ;
• being treated with insulin or other medicines for diabetes (sulfonylureas or biguanides ) .
In the above cases, this medicine may not be appropriate for you. Your doctor will advise you.
The effect of any such drug ( sulphonylurea ) , including MINIDIAB may decrease over time in many patients . This phenomenon is known as secondary refractoriness unlike primary refractoriness in which the product had no effect at the first intake.
Can you drive while taking this medicine
All patients with diabetes who drive should especially be careful not to fall into hypoglycemia. ( See " Causes Does your drug side effects"). In the event that you are affected , do not drive or operate machinery .
Can MINIDIAB be taken with other drugs
A large number of drugs can interact with MINIDIAB and affect the control of diabetes. If you are taking other medicines , you should tell your doctor before starting treatment with MINIDIAB .
Drugs that interact with MINIDIAB :
• Miconazole ( miconazole ) and fluconazole ( fluconazole ) , which are used for the treatment of fungal infections ;
• Anti-inflammatory drugs which are used for the treatment of pain in muscles and joints , such as phenylbutazone ( fnilbutazon ) ;
• salicylates such as aspirin , which are used as analgesics ;
• Beta -blockers , used for the treatment of high blood pressure, heart disease and certain ;
• inhibitors of angiotensin converting enzyme , which are used to treat high blood pressure ) ;
• H2- receptor antagonists which are useful in the treatment of ulcers, e.g. cimetidine ( cimetidine ) ;
• Corticosteroids ;
• Phenothiazines that are useful in the treatment of certain psychiatric disorders such as chlorpromazine ( chlorpromazine ) ;
• Progestogens and oral contraceptive drugs ;
• bronchodilators , e. salbutamol ( salbutamol ), ritodrine ( ritodrine ) and terbutaline ( terbutaline ) , which are used for the treatment of asthma ;
• Alcoholic beverages ( wine, beer , concentrates ) may impair control of diabetes ;
• Diuretics , calcium channel blockers , thyroid hormones , nicotinic acid , isoniazid ( isoniazid ) . How to take your medicine
It is especially important to take the medicine as directed by your doctor. Do not take more tablets MINIDIAB than recommended by your doctor. Listed below recommended doses are only general ukazaniya.Obichaynata starting dose is one tablet of 5 mg, taken prior to breakfast or obyad.Ako your doctor determines that you need a higher dose , it will tell you how gradually to zoom .
Combination Use: When adding other hypoglycaemic drugs to MINIDIAB for combination therapy use of the new drug should be initiated at the lowest recommended dose , and patients should be observed carefully for hipoglikemiya.Pri adding MINIDIAB to other hypoglycaemic drug application of MINIDIAB must start with 5 mg. Patients who may be more sensitive to hypoglycemic medication may be started at a lower dose . Titration should be based on clinical pretsenka.Lechenieto should not be stopped or the dose is changed without instructions from your doctor. Stopping the drug may lead to deterioration of diabeta.Po during treatment is necessary periodically to track blood sugar levels . If you have any doubts or questions , ask your doctor or pharmacist.
What happens if you drink more tablets than your doctor prescribes
If you accidentally swallow more tablets than your doctor prescribes it , you should seek immediate medical assistance. Symptoms such as fainting, confusion , sweating or trembling may be due to low blood sugar. You must eat or drink something sweet . Upon collapse or loss of consciousness should immediately call an ambulance .
What should you do in case you forget to take a tablet
If you forget to take a dose , take it at the next meal.
Does your medicine causes adverse reactions
If you suffer from any of the following side effects and they are particularly troublesome , heavy and do not pass with continued treatment , you should tell your doctor :
? Hypoglycaemia ( low blood sugar) , which in rare cases may be severe . Hypoglycemia can cause fainting, sweating, trembling , weakness and confusion. It may be due to insufficient nutrition and too high a dose of the drug. Hypoglycemia can be corrected by eat or drink something sweet . In case of hypoglycemia should consult your doctor.
? Gastrointestinal problems such as nausea , vomiting, diarrhea , abdominal pain, constipation ;
? Tremor ;
? Headache ;
? Skin problems like itching, rash , urticaria
? Hepatitis, hepatic dysfunction ;
? diseases of the blood - leukopenia ( reduction in the number of white blood cells) , hemolytic anemia (decreased numbers of red blood cells) , thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelet count ) or reducing the number of all cells ;
? Eyesight problems such as blurred vision, weight loss zrenieto.Pri of patients who received this drug has been observed in some laboratory studies may, however, not due to him.
The following adverse reactions is extremely rare and you must immediately notify their physician if they occur :
? Jaundice .
Severe side effects are rare.
• Hypersensitivity . Some patients are allergic to medicines. This can cause sudden wheezing, rash and itching . If any of these symptoms while being treated with MINIDIAB , you should tell your treating lekar.Uvedomete your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any side effects other than those listed in gore.Grizhete for your medicine ! This medicine is for you. Do not pass it on to others. It may not be appropriate. Do not take this medicine after the expiry date.
Where to store your medicine
Keep it in a cool (below 30 ° C) place.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children !
Your doctor will probably give you more information about your diabetes and its treatment . It is very important to stick to a strict diet and do regular exercise. You and your family should be familiar with the symptoms of hypoglycaemia and how to korigirate.Tazi leaflet does not contain all information about this medicine. If you have any questions or are not sure about anything, ask your doctor or farmatsevt.Informatsiyata in this leaflet applies only to MINIDIAB .