MIKARDIS PLUS. 80 mg. 25 mg. 28 tablets
MIKARDIS PLUS. 80 mg. / 25 mg. 28 tablets
MICARDISPLUS WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
MicardisPlus is a combination of two active substances in one tablet - telmisartan and hidrohlortiazid.I Both substances help to control high blood pressure.
- Telmisartan belongs to a group of medicines called angiotensin receptor II.
Angiotensin II is a substance produced in your body which causes blood vessels to narrow, thus increasing your blood nalyagane.Telmisartan blocking the effect of angiotensin II so that the blood vessels relax and blood pressure is lowered.
- Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to a group of medicines called diuretics, which cause an increase in urine output , leading to lower your blood pressure.
If left untreated , high blood pressure can damage blood vessels in several organs, which can sometimes lead to heart attacks , heart or kidney failure, stroke and blindness. Symptoms as a result of high blood pressure usually does not occur before damage occurs . It is therefore important to regularly measure blood pressure to verify if it is within normal limits.
MicardisPlus is used to treat hypertension ( essential hypertension) in patients whose blood pressure is not adequately controlled , if telmisartan or hydrochlorothiazide is used alone.
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE MICARDISPLUS
Do not take MicardisPlus
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to telmisartan or any other ingredients of MicardisPlus tablets (see "Further Information" for a list of other ingredients)
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to hydrochlorothiazide or to other drugs sulfonamide-derived
• if you are pregnant after three months ( better to avoid the use of MicardisPlus in early pregnancy - see pregnancy section)
• if you have severe liver problems such as cholestasis or biliary obstruction ( problems with drainage of bile from the gall bladder) or any other severe liver disease
• if you have severe kidney disease
• if your doctor determines that you have low potassium levels or high calcium levels in the blood that do not respond to treatment
Tell your doctor or pharmacist before taking MicardisPlus, if any of the above applies to you .
Take special care with MicardisPlus
Tell your doctor if staradate or have ever suffered from any of the following conditions or diseases:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) . which is likely to occur if you are dehydrated (excessive loss of body water ) or have salt deficiency due to diuretic therapy ( water tablets), a diet low in salt. diarrhea , vomiting, or hemodialysis.
- Kidney disease or kidney transplant
- Renal artery stenosis ( narrowing of the blood vessels to one or both kidneys)
- Liver disease
- Heart problems
- Higher levels of aldosterone ( water retention in the body thereof , accompanied by imbalance of other minerals in the blood)
- Lupus erythematosus (also called " lupus " or " SLE" ) , a disease in which the body's own immune system attacks the body
You must tell your doctor if you think you are (or might become) pregnant. MicardisPlus is not recommended in early pregnancy, and must be taken after the third month of pregnancy because it may cause serious harm to your baby if used at that stage ( see pregnancy section) . Treatment with hydrochlorothiazide may cause electrolyte imbalance in your body. Typical symptoms of fluid or electrolyte imbalance include dry mouth, weakness, lethargy, drowsiness, restlessness, muscle pain or cramps, nausea (feeling sick) , vomiting, muscle fatigue and palpitations (more than 100 beats per minute) . You should tell your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms . You must tell your doctor if you experience an increased sensitivity of skin to sun with symptoms of sunburn (such as redness , itching, swelling , rash) that occur more often than usual.
In case of surgery or anesthesia , you should tell your doctor that you are taking MicardisPlus. Not recommended for use MicardisPlus in children and adolescents up to 18 years.
As with all other angiotensin II receptor antagonist telmisartan may be less effective in lowering blood pressure in black patients .
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. You may need your doctor to change the dose of these medicines or take other precautions. In some cases it may be necessary to stop taking one of the medicines. This is particularly true for the drugs listed below , when used simultaneously with MicardisPlus:
- Medicines containing lithium used to treat certain types of depression
- Medications associated with low blood potassium (hypokalaemia ) such as other diuretics ( water tablets') , laxatives (eg castor oil) , corticosteroids
(e.g., prednisone) , ACTH ( hormone ) , amphotericin B ( antifungal drug) , carbenoxolone (used for the treatment of mouth ulcers ) , penicillin G sodium ( an antibiotic) , and salicylic acid and its derivatives
- Potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium supplements , potassium-containing salt substitutes , ACE inhibitors that may increase blood potassium levels
- Heart medicines (eg digoxin ) or medicines to control heart rhythm (eg quinidine, disopyramide )
- Medicines used for mental razrtoystva ( eg thioridazine , chlorpromazine, levomepromazine )
- Other drugs used to treat high blood pressure , steroids , analgesics , drugs for the treatment of cancer , arthritis and gout or supplements of vitamin D.
MicardisPlis may increase the effect of lowering blood pressure and other medications should consult with your doctor if you need to adjust the dose of the other medicine while taking MicardisPlus.
As with other drugs for lowering blood pressure , the effect of MicardisPlus may be reduced when administered with an NSAID ( nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents such as aspirin or ibuprofen) .
Taking MicardisPlus with food and drink
You can take MicardisPlus tablets with or without food.
Pregnancy and lactation
You must tell your doctor if you think you are (or might become) pregnant. Usually , your doctor will advise you to stop taking MicardisPlus before you become pregnant or as soon as you know you are pregnant and will advise you to take another medicine instead of MicardisPlus. MicardisPlus is not recommended in early pregnancy, and must not be taken if you are pregnant after the third month , as it may cause serious harm to your baby if used after the third month of pregnancy.
Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding or intend to karmite.MicardisPlus not recommended for mothers who are breast feeding , and your doctor may order other treatments if you want , especially if your child is novorodenoili was born prematurely.
Driving and using machines
No data on the effect of MicardisPlus on the ability to drive or operate machinery.
Some people feel dizzy or tired when they are treated for high blood pressure.
If you feel dizzy or tired, do not drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients MicardisPlus
MicardisPlus contains milk sugar (lactose ) and sorbitol. If you neponosimos - to some sugars, consult your doctor before taking MicardisPlus.
3 . HOW TO TAKE MICARDISPLUS
Always take MicardisPlus exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The usual dose is one tablet MicardisPlus day. Try to take the tablet at the same time each day. You can take MicardisPlus with or without food. The tablets should be swallowed with some water or other soft drink. It is important to take MicardisPlus every day until your doctor tells you otherwise .
If your liver is not working properly, the usual dose should not exceed 40mg/12, 5mg once daily.
If you take more dose MicardisPlus
If you accidentally take too many tablets, contact your doctor , pharmacist or nearest hospital emergency department immediately .
If you forget to take MicardisPlus
If you forget to take a dose, do not anxiety Take it as soon as you remember and then continue on as way.If not take your tablet on one day, take your normal dose on the next day. Do not double
If you have any further questions on the use of this product , ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines , MicardisPlus can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
These side effects may occur with certain frequencies, which are defined as follows:
• very common : affects more than 1 user in 10
• common: affects 1 to 10 users in 100
• uncommon: affects 1 to 10 patients in 1000
• rare: affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000
• very rare : affects less than 1 user in 10,000
• Not known from the available data can not be estimated frequency
Common side effects may include: dizziness
Uncommon side effects may include: decreased levels of potassium in the blood, anxiety , fainting ( syncope) , sensation of tingling and numbness ( paresthesia ), dizziness ( vertigo) increased heart rate ( tachycardia), heart rhythm disorders , low blood pressure , sudden drop in blood pressure upon standing , difficulty breathing ( dyspnea ), symptoms of an upset stomach such as diarrhea , dry mouth , flatulence , back pain , muscle spasms , muscle pain, erectile dysfunction (inability to get or keep an erection ) ; pain chest increased level of uric acid in the blood.
Rare side effects may include : inflammation of the lung ( bronchitis ), feeling sad ( depression ), difficulty sleeping (insomnia ), visual disturbances , difficulty breathing , abdominal pain, constipation , bloating (dyspepsia ), nausea , disorders liver function , rapid swelling of the skin and mucosa ( angioedema) , skin redness (erythema ), allergic reactions such as itching or rash ;
(arthralgia ) and pain in the extremities, muscle cramps , flu-like illness , pain, increased levels of uric acid, low sodium , elevated creatinine, liver enzymes or creatine phosphokinase in the blood.
Side effects of unknown frequency may include : sore throat, inflamed sinuses , inflammation of the stomach ( gastritis) .
The following additional adverse reactions have been reported in patients taking telmisartan alone :
Side effects of unknown frequency may include : upper respiratory tract infection ( eg sore throat, inflamed sinuses , common cold) , urinary tract infections , increased number of certain white blood cells (eosinophilia) , deficiency in red blood cells ( anemia) , low platelet count ( thrombocytopenia), severe allergic reactions ( eg hypersensitivity , anaphylactic reaction , drug rash) , high potassium levels , slow heart rate (bradycardia ), upset stomach , eczema (a skin disorder ), inflammation of the tendons , renal impairment including acute renal failure, weakness , decreased hemoglobin (a blood protein ) , no effect of telmisartan , sepsis * (often called " blood poisoning" is a severe infection with an inflammatory process in the body that can lead to death) .
* In a long-term study involving more than 20,000 patients a greater number of patients treated with telmisartan experienced sepsis compared with patients who received no telmisartan , an event may be a chance finding and is related to a mechanism not known moment.
The following adverse reactions have been reported in patients receiving hydrochlorothiazide only :
Side effects of unknown frequency may include on inflammation of the salivary glands , low blood counts , including low red and white blood cell count, low platelet count ( thrombocytopenia), serious allergic reactions ( eg hypersensitivity , anaphylactic reaction) , inflammation of the blood vessels ( vasculitis necrotising ) , decreased or loss of appetite , anxiety , weakness, dizziness , blurred vision , or yellowing of vision , inflammation of the pancreas , upset stomach , yellowing of the skin or eyes ( jaundice) ; skin disorders such as inflamed blood vessels in the skin : increased sensitivity to sunlight clinical blistering and peeling of the surface layer of the skin ( toxic epidermal necrolysis) ; kidney inflammation or impaired kidney function , fever, electrolyte imbalance , elevated blood cholesterol , decreased blood volume , the presence of glucose in the urine ( glucosuria ), increased levels of glucose , uric acid or lipids .
If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 . HOW TO STORE MICARDISPLUS
Ea Keep out of reach of children.
MicardisPlus not use after the expiry date stated on the carton after " EXP" date refers to the last day of that month.
This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions . You should store your medicine in the original package in order to protect the tablets from light.
Occasionally, the outer layer of the blister is removed from the inner layer . In this case there is no need to take any action .
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment.
6 . FURTHER INFORMATION What MicardisPlus
- Active substances are telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide. Each tablet contains 80 mg telmisartan and 25 mg hydrochlorothiazide .
- The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate , corn starch , meglumine , microcrystalline cellulose , povidone , iron oxide yellow (E172 ), sodium hydroxide , sodium starch glycolate ( type A), sorbitol ( E420) .
MicardisPlus looks like and contents of the pack
MicardisPlus 80 mg/25 mg are yellow- white oval shaped two layer tablet engraved with the company logo and code H9 . MicardisPlus is available in blister packs containing 14 , 28,30 , 56,90 or 98 tablets or perforated unit dose blister packs of 28 x 1 tablets.