LUDIOMIL 25 mg. 50 tablets
LUDIOMIL 25 mg. 50 tablets
LUDIOMIL WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED?
Each tablet contains 10 Ludiomil or 25 mg maprotiline hydrochloride (maprotiline hydrochloride).
Ludiomil belongs to the group of drugs known as tetracyclic antidepressants used for the treatment of depression and mood swings.
Ludiomil helps relieve symptoms of depression such as anxiety, feelings of sadness, apathy, difficulty in performing daily duties, anxiety and a sense of failure or guilt. It also improves the physical symptoms caused by depression, such as lack of energy, fatigue, poor sleep, headaches, dizziness, indigestion and pain.
If you have any questions about how the Ludiomil or why this medicine has been prescribed, please ask your doctor.
2 BEFORE USING LUDIOMIL
Follow all instructions of your doctor even if they differ from the general information in this leaflet.
Do not take Ludiomil:
if you alrgiya to maprotiline or to any of the excipients Ludiomil listed at the beginning of this leaflet
if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any of the drugs used to treat depression (tricyclic antidepressants)
if you suffer from epileptic seizures
if you have serious heart disease or have recently had a heart attack
if you have serious liver or kidney problems if you suffer from high intraocular pressure (glaucoma zakritoaglena) if you have difficulty urinating (urinary retention)
If you are already taking an antidepressant of the type known as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO - inhibitors)
when you take large amounts of alcohol or substances that affect the mind (eg. hypnotics or psychotropic agents).
Caution should be exercised with Ludiomil:
if suicidal thoughts
if you are taking medication to regulate irregular heartbeats (eg. quinidine)
if you have heart disease or have had heart problems in the past
if you suffer from heart disease
if your doctor has told you that you suffer from a disease called schizophrenia or mood disorders, known as mania;
if you often suffer from constipation strong
if you have an overactive thyroid, or are currently taking medication thyroid hormone
if you wear contact lenses
if you have ever had increased pressure if you have had problems with urinary retention
if your doctor has told you that you have an intolerance to some sugars (eg. lactose).
If any of these apply to you, tell your doctor before you start taking Ludiomil.
During treatment, tell your doctor if you are experiencing constipation.
During treatment, tell your doctor if you have fever and / or sore throat, especially during the first few months of treatment.
If at any time you feel that life has no more meaning, seek immediate medical attention.
It is important for your doctor to regularly monitor your condition to be able to prescribe you the most suitable dose and to help limit the side effects. Your doctor may order blood tests to check liver function or kidney function before and during therapy.
Ludiomil can cause dry mouth, which can increase the risk of dental caries. During prolonged therapy should regularly visit your dentist.
Before surgery or dental work, Inform your surgeon or dentist that you are taking Ludiomil.
Ludiomil may increase the sensitivity of your skin to sunlight. Even brief exposure to sun can cause skin rash, itching, redness and / or changes in skin color. Keep away from direct sunlight and wear suitable clothing and sunglasses.
Ludiomil can cause rapid, slow or irregular heartbeat. During treatment, your doctor may consider it necessary to check blood pressure and heart condition.
Ludiomil may cause a decrease in blood glucose when used in combination with drugs used to treat diabetes. Therefore need to monitor the level of blood sugar if you have diabetes.
Information to family members and caregivers:
Need to track whether your close / patient with depression signs of behavioral changes such as agitation, anxiety, aggression, sleep disturbances, impaired concentration, anxiety, nervousness, seeing and hearing things that are not there, there are compulsions false thoughts, worsening depression or thoughts of suicide. Should report these symptoms to the doctor, especially if they are severe, sudden onset or if the patient had similar symptoms before. You must look for the emergence of such symptoms on a daily basis, especially in the early stages of treatment with antidepressants and when the dose is increased or decreased, as changes may occur suddenly.
Such symptoms could be related to an increased risk of thoughts and actions associated with suicide and indicate the need for very close monitoring and possibly miscarrying in therapy.
Ludiomil and the elderly (over 60 years)
Elderly patients typically require a smaller dosage than other adults. It is frequently observed adverse effects in elderly patients. Your doctor will provide the necessary additional information on the need for careful dosing and close monitoring.
Ludiomil and children and adolescents (under 18 years)
Not recommended for use Ludiomil in children and adolescents.
Inform your doctor or pharmacist before you start taking Ludiomil if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Ludiomil should not be taken during pregnancy unless specifically it has been prescribed by a doctor. Tell your doctor immediately if you become pregnant during treatment with Ludiomil.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist before you start taking Ludiomil, if you are breastfeeding. Maprotiline, Ludiomil of drug passes into breast milk. During treatment with Ludiomil should not breast-feed.
Driving and using machines
Ludiomil may cause drowsiness or distraction. If you experience such effects, do not drive, operate machinery or perform activities requiring complete mental alertness.
Drinking alcohol can increase drowsiness.
Taking other medicines Ludiomil
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including herbal products, and drugs that are not prescribed.
Some drugs may react with Ludiomil. These include:
• Other antidepressants known as MAO inhibitors and SSRI (eg. Moclobemide fluoksetan, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, sertraline, citalopram).
• Medicines used to control blood pressure or cardiac function (eg. Guanethidine, reserpine, clonidine, alpha-methyldopa, quinidine, propafenone, propranolol).
• Medicines used to treat diabetes (oral sulphonylureas or insulin).
• Medicines used to treat psychosis (antipsychotics such as thioridazine).
• Medicines used to reduce blood clotting (anticoagulants, eg. Coumarin, warfarin).
• Drugs that act on the nervous system (eg. Atropine, adrenaline, noradrenaline, isoprenaline, ephedrine, phenylephrine).
• Drugs used to treat Parkinson's disease (e. Biperiden).
• Antiepileptic drugs (eg. Carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital).
• sedatives (e. Benzodiazepines, barbiturates).
• Medicines used for the treatment of syndrome reduced attention, hyperactivity such as methylphenidate.
• Medicines used to treat asthma or allergies (antihistamnini).
• Medicines used to treat ulcer / heartburn, such as cimetidine.
• Medicines containing thyroid hormones.
Tell your doctor about these or any other medicines you are taking. Because many drugs interact with Ludiomil, you may need to change the dose or stop taking any medicines. Tell your doctor if you regularly drink alcohol.
3 HOW TO USE LUDIOMIL
Carefully follow the advice of your recommended dose.
How much to take
Your doctor will decide the most appropriate dose for you according to your age and the severity of symptoms. The daily dose is generally between 75 mg and 150 mg. Ludiomil Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more Ludiomil than your doctor prescribed and do not take it more often or longer than your doctor tells you.
When and how to take LUDIOMIL?
The film-coated tablets should be swallowed whole with sufficient fluid.
LUDIOMIL Always take as directed by your doctor. If you have any questions, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If you feel that the effect of LUDIOMIL is too strong or too weak, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
How long to take LUDIOMIL?
Usually, patients should take LUDIOMIL several weeks before you feel any improvement. Do not stop treatment without consulting your doctor. Before stopping treatment LUDIOMIL, your doctor may require you to gradually reduce the dose. So you can avoid worsening your condition and reduce the risk of onset of symptoms of drug discontinuation, such as headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, insomnia, nervousness and anxiety.
What to do if you forget to take LUDIOMIL?
If you miss a dose LUDIOMIL, take it as soon as you remember. Then continue your regular dosing schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. If you have any questions, contact your doctor.
If you take too much LUDIOMIL
If you take too much LUDIOMIL or someone else accidentally takes your medicine, contact your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. Take the container with you.
Usually a few hours after the overdose occurred drowsiness; coma, convulsions, low blood pressure (hypotension), fast, slow or irregular heartbeat, restlessness, agitation, loss of muscle coordination and muscle tightness, shortness of breath, vomiting, chills, shock, heart failure, bruising, mainly the skin, dilation of pupils , sweating, reduced amount or absence of urine.
4 POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Some people may experience side effects during treatment with LUDIOMIL. These side effects can be mild or moderate in severity and usually temporary.
Some side effects can be serious.
• agitation (mania, hypomania); worsening of depression; psychotic
• Increased heart rate; abnormal (slow, fast, irregular) pulse; partial or complete loss of consciousness (syncope)
Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) with or without yellow skin and whites of the eyes (jaundice)
• Allergic skin reactions such as unusual bleeding and bruising under the skin; severe skin reactions characterized by red spots, blisters and other skin reactions are shirokorazprostirashti.
If one of the above symptoms, inform your doctor as this may need to change your treatment.
Very common side effects (affecting 10 or more out of 100 patients)
• Drowsiness, dizziness, headache,
• Tremor; abnormal muscle contractions.
• Dry mouth.
Common side effects (affecting less than 10 in every 100 patients)
• Increased appetite.
• Inability to stand still; excitement; aggression; anxiety; sleep disturbances; impaired concentration, impaired libido.
• Sedation; memory disorders; speech disorders; numbness or tingling.
• Eye problems.
• Nausea; vomiting; abdominal pain; constipation.
• Increased skin sensitivity to light; increased sweating.
• Problems with urination.
• Problems with erections.
• Increased weight.
• Muscle weakness.
• Dizziness when getting up from a lying or sitting position; hot flashes.
Rare side effects (affecting less than 1 in 1000 patients)
• Confusion; state of acute confusion; seeing, hearing or feeling things that are not there; nervousness.
• Lack of coordination and instability.
Very rare side effects (affecting less than 1 in 10,000 patients)
• Feeling that you are separated from your body or mental processes (depersonalization)
• Abnormal coordination and movement.
• Violated taste sensations
• Ringing or other permanent tinnitus
• Shortness of breath; cough; stuffy nose.
• Purple spots on the skin.
• Inflammation of the lining of the mouth.
• Swelling of the breasts; aberrant expression of milk.
• swelling of the soft tissues, as a result of fluid retention (edema).
• Dental decay.
Tell your doctor if any of these side effects are prolonged or bothering you.
Your doctor may notice increased blood pressure or elevated liver enzymes: it is rare.
In addition, your doctor can detect abnormalities in your blood: it is very rare.
If you experience any other side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 STORAGE LUDIOMIL
• Do not use LUDIOMIL after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
• Do not use LUDIOMIL if the package is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
• Store in original container.
• Keep out of reach of children.