LUCETAM 800 mg. 60 capsules
Active substance: 800 mg in each tablet respektivno.Pomoshtni ingredients: magnesium stearate, polyvidone, macrogol, dibutyl sebacate, titanium dioxide (E 171), talc, ethylcellulose, hypromellose.
Appearance: White or pale, oval, convex tablets marked with E 241 (400 mg), E 242 (800 mg) and E 243 (1200 mg) on one side.
Amber glass bottle with a plastic cap secured against loosening with a vibration damping material. The bottle was placed in a cardboard box together with the package leaflet.
1. WHAT LUCETAM AND WHAT IT IS USED?
Piracetam, the active substance of Lucetam, has nootropic (increasing cognitive and memory functions of the brain) medicine. It increases the metabolism of the nerve cells, restores the structure and improves the function of cell membranes, thus improves the exchange of information between these kletki.Piracetam has favorable effects on cerebral circulation and metabolism.
Piracetam reduces clumping of blood platelets, and also the engagement of the red blood cells to the vessel wall, which is the first step in thrombus formation and subsequent occlusion of blood vessels.
• Treatment of manifestations in psycho-organic syndrome, such as: memory impairment, inability to concentrate, lack of motivation;
• Treatment of the consequences of ischemic (due to poor blood supply to the brain), cerebrovascular accidents, in particular - aphasia (loss of speech);
• Treatment of cortical myoclonus (sudden involuntary muscle contractions), as independently or in combination;
- Treatment of vertigo (dizziness) and related imbalances, with the exception of dizziness of vascular or mental origin.
• Treatment of dizleksiya (impaired ability to read) in combination with suitable other therapeutic approaches, such as speech therapy.
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE LUCETAM
Before taking Lucetam, please tell your doctor. You should not take this medicine if:
- You are allergic to the drug or excipients;
- Suffer from severe renal failure;
- You had a hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain, stroke);
- You are pregnant.
Can be adopted Lucetam tablets if you have other diseases?
Some diseases can affect the possibility of applying this medicine, so tell your doctor if:
- You suffer from renal impairment, since the release of the drug from the body may decrease and therefore its effect can be increased. In elderly patients the doctor will examine renal function before treatment;
- You suffer from epilepsy or are prone to muscle cramps because the drug substance can provoke seizures;
- You suffer from a bleeding disorder or severe bleeding, or have surgery because the active substance may aggravate coagulation disorders; its use in such cases require special attention;
- Suffer from cortical myoclonus, because the sudden discontinuation of treatment can lead to sudden worsening or new attack;
- Suffering from thyrotoxicosis (enlarged thyroid hormones) because the drug may aggravate tremor, anxiety, sleep disturbances and confusion.
Although research has not shown that the active substance is harmful to the fetus because it crosses the placenta, usually drug is contraindicated during pregnancy. Your doctor may prescribe it if you are pregnant only if the benefits outweigh the risks.
The drug substance is excreted in human milk, therefore the adoption of Lucetam not recommended during karmene.Ako are pregnant or breastfeeding seek the advice of your doctor about any medication you start taking.
Driving and using machines
No clinical observations that piracetam affect these activities, but given the possible side effects, this possibility can not be excluded. Hence the significance of the prohibition / restriction will be determined individually by your doctor.
Taking other medicines during treatment with Lucetam
Drug interactions may relate to medicines you are taking at the moment you have taken some time ago or will take in the future. It is therefore important to tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, even those without a prescription. Be sure to tell your doctor if you are taking CNS stimulants, antipsychotics (medications for mental illness), medicines containing thyroid hormones or anticoagulants (anti-clotting). Their concomitant use with Lucetam requires careful monitoring by the physician and, in some cases, a review of the dose.
3. HOW TO TAKE LUCETAM
Use the drug only as prescribed, recommended dose and duration of treatment will be closely monitored by a doctor. The dose is determined individually depending on the type and severity of the disease and the clinical rezultat.Tabletkite should be taken with 100-200 ml technost.Ne not matter whether you are taking tablets before or after hrana.Preporachvani daily doses according to the testimony:
Treatment of the symptoms of psycho-organic syndrome: 2.4 - 4.8 g per day, divided into 2-3 doses.
Treatment of the consequences of mozychno-vascular events, in particular - aphasia (loss of speech): In subacute and chronic (lasting more than 15 days) such recommended daily dose is 4.8 - 6 g.
Treatment of cortical myoclonus, the recommended starting dose is 7.2 g per day, which can be increased to 4.8 g per day 3-4 day intervals up to 24 g daily.
Treatment of vertigo (dizziness): 2.4 - 4.8 g per day, divided into 2-3 doses.
Treatment of children with dizleksiya (inability to read): the recommended daily dose in children over 8 years and adolescents is 3.2 g, divided into 2 priema.Mozhe need dose reduction in patients with renal funktsiya.Prodalzhitelnostta treatment is determined depending on the clinical picture. Chronic disease treatment usually lasts 6-12 weeks, but may last several mesetsa.Ne stop taking this medication at your discretion. In case you take more tablets than prescribed: Seek medical attention if it happened or if you have doubt about that. If you miss a dose: If you miss a dose of medication at the usual time, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is time for the next intake do not take two doses to make up propusnatata.Ne chances to overdose, never take two doses at the same time.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Lucetam can also cause side effects. Last usually mild and occur mainly after taking high doses. However, tell your doctor if you experience any of such effective listed below occur, stop taking Lucetam and tell your doctor immediately or go to the nearest unit for emergency medical care:
- Swelling of the lips or throat which causes difficulty in breathing or swallowing - Fainting or feeling light-headed
These side effects are very serious. If occur this is a sign you may be allergic to Lucetam.
• Hives (skin rash) It can also be a sign of a very rare allergic reactions. Immediately stop taking the drug, tell your doctor and be aware of how to continue treatment. If the eruptions are large and are all over, contact your doctor immediately to avoid a serious posleditsi.Gorespomenatite side effects occur very ryadko.Nezhelanite effects listed below are usually mild. However, tell them your lekar.Nezhelani reactions with an incidence of less than 5%, occurring mostly in elderly patients when treated with doses higher than 2,400 mg per day.
- Nervousness, irritability, anxiety, restlessness, aggressive behavior, increased physical activity, sleep disorders.
Adverse reactions with an incidence of less than 2%: nausea and vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain, weight gain.
Rare: low or high blood pressure, dizziness, headache, tremors, increased sexuality, allergic reactions.
Very rare: Drowsiness, fatigue (paradoxical effects) .Drugi rare side effects observed in clinical trials: Confusion, hallucinations (visions, hearing voices), uncertain gait, abnormal posture, worsening epilepsy, dilation of blood vessels with edema dermatitis, sarbezh.Vsichki aforementioned reactions resolved in a gradual reduction of dozata.Mnogo is probably none of the above effects do not manifest in your sluchay.Uvedomete your doctor if you experience any side effects not listed in this leaflet.
Keep medicines out of reach of children.
Do not store above 30 ° C.
The expiry date is printed on the carton.
You must not use the medicinal product after that date.