KRESTOR table. 5 mg
KRESTOR table. 5 mg
The active ingredient of Crestor is rosuvastatin. Crestor tablets are available in packs containing 10 mg or 20 mg rosuvastatin.Tabletkite contain ingredients: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, calcium phosphate, crospovidone, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, glycerol triacetate, titanium dioxide (E171), red iron oxide ( E172).
Your medicine is manufactured by:
AstraZeneca GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 68723, Plankstadt, Germany
CRESTOR WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
CRESTOR belongs to a group of medicines called statins (also known as inhibitors of the enzyme L-hydroxy-L-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase (HMG-CoA reductase). Designed to reduce high levels of blood fats called lipids (mainly cholesterol and triglycerides), usually when diet and exercise can not cope. higher levels if left untreated, fat can accumulate in the walls of blood vessels, which over time can lead to narrowing of blood vessels. This is one of the most common causes of heart disease
BEFORE YOU TAKE CRESTOR
Do not take CRESTOR:
- If you are allergic to CRESTOR or any of the excipients or similar medicines
If you believe that any of the above applies to you, please tell your treating lekar.Ako find yourself pregnant during treatment with CRESTOR should immediately stop taking and inform your doctor.
Pay particular attention to taking CRESTOR:
Before you take your tablets, tell your doctor in case you:
- You have been told you have medical problems with your liver or kidneys
- Have you or have unexplained muscle pain
- Regularly drink large amounts of alcohol. While taking your tablets, tell your doctor if:
- Suffer from unexplained aches and pains in muscles. As already mentioned, the drug contains lactose intolerance in which the latter may cause an allergic reaction. If you go into hospital, tell the medical staff that you are taking CRESTOR. because it may be better for you if you stop taking it for a while ..
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including those you may have bought yourself. In particular, tell your doctor if you take: cyclosporine (often prescribed after organ transplants), warfarin (or other medication to thin the blood) or gemfibrozil (commonly used to lower blood lipids).
Effects on ability to drive and use machines
CRESTOR is not expected to adversely affect the ability to drive or operate machinery.
HOW TO TAKE CRESTOR
Follow your doctor's instructions when and how to take your tablets.
Please read the label on the package. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure what to pravite.Obiknoveno treatment begins with a CRESTOR 10 mg tablet once daily. In some cases, you may start with 20mg tablet once a day. Some people of Asian origin may require an initial dose of 5 mg once daily dose of 5 mg can be obtained by dividing the 10 mg tablet in half. After checking blood fats, your doctor may decide to increase the dose to a level appropriate for your condition. The maximum daily dose is 40 mg. Swallow the tablets or their halves with water. You can take it anytime of the day with or without food. Try to take the tablet at the same time each day will help you remember to take it. Do not stop taking your tablets even if you feel better, unless your doctor tells you to get pregnant or not.
If you forget to take a dose: Do not worry if you miss a dose, take your next dose as prescribed. Do not take a double dose at the same time to make up for a missed dose.
If you take more CRESTOR, than you should If you take more than your normal dose, contact your doctor immediately or nearest hospital.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
As with all medicines, CRESTOR can cause side effects. They are usually mild and disappear within a short vreme.Nay most common side effects are headache, muscle pain, stomach pain, weakness, constipation (constipation), dizziness may occur Cutaneous allergic reactions, itching and appearance of urticaria (hives). Rarely seen jaundice, hepatitis or tingling. Immediately discontinue treatment with CRESTOR and seek medical advice in case you notice any of the following symptoms (allergy):
- If shortness of breath with or without swelling of the face, lips, tongue and / or throat.
- In the event of facial swelling, lips, tongue and / or throat limiting swallowing
- In the event of severe itching and skin rash.
In a small number of patients have adverse muscle effects, so as a precaution, if you have sore muscles, do not know why or lasts longer than you expect, you should tell ing doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor may do blood tests to check the condition of your muscles. Do not be afraid of this list of possible side effects. You may not have any of them. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you
think you have any of these or other problems while taking your tablets CRESTOR.
- Like all medicines, Keep your tablets in a safe place where children can not see them or reach them. Your tablets could harm them.
- Do not store above 30 ° C.
- If you arrive in a plastic pill bottle, keep it with the cap tightly closed.
- Keep your tablets in their original packaging.
- If your doctor tells you to stop taking the tablets back to others the pharmacist.
- Do not use the tablets after the expiry date shown on the packaging. Return all tablets expired pharmacist.