Ixel 50 mg. 56 capsules
Ixel belongs to a group of medicines known as antidepressants.
Used to treat depression in adults. That an effect may take 1-3 weeks.
BEFORE YOU TAKE Ixel
Do not take Ixel
- If you are allergic to milnacipran or any of the other ingredients of Ixel
- In combination with other drugs: non-selective MAO inhibitors, selective MAO-B inhibitors, digitalis and migraine drugs belonging to the group known as triptans
This medicine should not normally be applied:
- In combination with injections of epinephrine or norepinephrine, clonidine, selective MAO-A inhibitors
- If you have difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate
Take special care with Ixel
Thoughts of suicide and worsening of your depression or anxiety disorder
If you are depressed or have anxiety disorders can sometimes have thoughts of harming or killing themselves. They can strengthen the use of antidepressants for the first time since achieving effect of these medicines all take time, usually about two weeks but sometimes longer.
More likely to have such thoughts:
- If you have previously had thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- If you are a young adult. Data from clinical studies suggest an increased risk of suicidal behavior in patients under 25 years with psychiatric conditions who were treated with an antidepressant.
If at any time you have thoughts of harming or killing yourself, contact your doctor or go to hospital.
Use in children and adolescents below 18 years.
Ixel should not normally be used in children or adolescents under 18 years. Also you should know that patients under 18 have an increased risk of side effects such as suicide attempts, suicidal thoughts and hostility when they take this class of drugs. However, your doctor may prescribe Ixel patients under 18 years, if it considers that it is in his interest.
Consult your doctor if you have:
- Sleep disorders or nervousness at the beginning of treatment;
- Kidney failure, the daily dose may be adjusted by your doctor
- Enlargement of the prostate or difficulty urinating
- High blood pressure or heart disease
- Visual impairment with increased intraocular pressure
- Epilepsy or a history of epilepsy
Taking Ixel with food and drink
Not recommended for use alcoholic beverages or medicines containing alcohol. Ixel should be taken with a glass of water, preferably during meals.
Pregnancy and lactation
Taking this medicine is not recommended during pregnancy. If you know you are pregnant during treatment, consult your doctor as only he can decide whether treatment should be continued.
If you take Ixel before birth, your baby may immediately or shortly after birth to demonstrate reversible symptoms associated with the syndrome of abstinence or exposure of milnacipran. In this case must be held to clinical monitoring.
This medication can pass into breast milk of the mother. Therefore breast-feeding is contraindicated.
Driving and using machines
Drivers of vehicles and machine operators are advised to exercise caution due to the risk of dizziness, especially early in treatment.
How to take Ixelles?
Always take Ixel exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you are not sure, ask your doctor.
If you think that the effect of Ixel is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor.
Method and route of administration
Swallow the hard capsule with a glass of water at mealtimes.
Treatment usually lasts for several months.
Do not stop treatment at its own discretion, even if you feel better. If necessary, treatment should be discontinued gradually in accordance with the instructions of your doctor.
Possible side effects
Side effects may occur mainly in the first week or the first two weeks of treatment with milnacipran.
- Dizziness, sweating, anxiety, hot flashes and urinary abnormalities
- Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, constipation, tremor, palpitations, agitation, headache, skin allergies, skin redness and itching with spots
- If you have cardiovascular disease or are taking heart drugs more often may occur conditions such as high blood pressure, low blood pressure, dizziness or palpitations
- Tests of liver function, hepatitis
- In rare cases group symptoms associated with an excess of serotonin in the brain due to the important effect of Ixel occur with nausea, sweating, anxiety, hot flashes, tremors, palpitations and anxiety.
- Can occur and inability to pass urine, convulsions especially in patients with a history of epilepsy, pain in the testicles and ejaculation disorders.
- In extremely rare cases, reduce the level of sodium in the blood and bleeding from the skin and mucous membranes.
Some symptoms may be caused by your depression.
- The active substance is milnacipran hydrochloride
- The other ingredients are: calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, calcium carmellose, povidone K30, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate, talc.
- The capsule shell contains:
- Ixel 25 mg: cap and body: titanium dioxide, red iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, gelatin
- Ixel 50 mg: cap: titanium dioxide, red iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, gelatin
Body: titanium dioxide, red iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, gelatin.