HELICID 20 mg. 28 capsules
Gastro-resistant capsules 20 mg HELICID contain the active substance omeprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called 'proton pump inhibitors'. They work by reducing the amount of acid your stomach produces.
In adults HELICID 20 mg is used for:
Short term treatment of the symptoms of reflux of gastric juice (for example, heartburn and back into the esophagus of gastric acid) Reflux is the backflow of gastric acid from the stomach into the esophagus which may swell and become painful. This can cause symptoms such as a painful burning sensation in the chest rising up to the throat (heartburn) and a sour taste in the mouth (acid regurgitation).
It may be necessary to take the capsules for 2-3 consecutive days to achieve improvement of symptoms.
2. WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU USE HELICID?
Do not take HELICID 20 mg
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to omeprazole or any of the other ingredients of HELICID 20 mg.
• if you are allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors (eg. Pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, esomeprazole).
• if you are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used for infection with HIV).
If you are not sure, before taking HELICID 20 mg talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and Precautions
Do not take HELICID 20 mg for more than 14 days without consulting a doctor. If your symptoms do not ease or if they worsen, talk to your doctor.
HELICID 20 mg may hide the symptoms of other diseases. Therefore, if any of the following happen to you before you start taking HELICID 20 mg or while taking it, immediately contact your doctor:
• If you lose a lot of weight for no reason and have problems swallowing.
• If you have abdominal pain or indigestion,
• You begin to vomit food or blood.
• If your stools become black (blood).
• If you develop severe or persistent diarrhea, as omeprazole has been associated with a slight increase in the incidence of infectious diarrhea.
• If you have had gastrointestinal disease or had an gastrointestinal surgery.
• If you are on continuous symptomatic treatment of indigestion or heartburn for 4 or more weeks.
• If you have jaundice or severe liver disease.
• If you are aged over 55 years, and your symptoms are new or recently changed.
Patients should not take omeprazole as a preventative medication.
Other medicines and HELICID 20 mg
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. The reason for this is that HELICID 20 mg may affect the way some medicines and also some drugs can affect the action of HELICID 20 mg.
Do not take HELICID 20 mg, if you are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used to treat infection with HTV).
Should specifically tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking clopidogrel (used to reduce the risk of developing blood clots - thrombi).
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medications:
• Ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole (used to treat fungal infections).
• Digoxin (used to treat diseases of the heart)
• Diazepam (used to treat epilepsy hypertonia or for the treatment of epilepsy).
• Phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy). If you are taking phenytoin, your doctor will need to monitor you at the beginning and end of the intake HELICID 20 mg.
• Medicines used to reduce sasirvaemostga your blood - such as warfarin and other vitamin K blockers may be required for your doctor to monitor you at the beginning and end of the intake HELICID 20 mg.
• Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis)
• Atazanavir (used to treat an infection with HIV)
• Tacrolimus (used in organ transplantation)
• St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) (used to treat mild depression)
• Cilostazol (intermittent claudication)
• Saquinavir (used to treat an infection with HIV)
HELICID 20 mg with food and drink
You can take your capsules as during feeding and fasting. Pregnancy and lactation
Before you start taking HELICID 20 mg, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. Your doctor will decide whether this time you can take HELICID 20 mg.
If you are breastfeeding, your doctor will decide whether you can take HELICID 20 mg. Drive and use machines
Not expected HELICID 20 mg to affect your ability to drive or operate any tools or machines. May develop side effects such as dizziness and visual disturbances (see. Section 4). If affected, do not drive or operate machinery.
HELICID 20 mg contains
Gastro-resistant capsules HELICID 20 mg contain lactose and sucrose. If your doctor has said that you have an intolerance to some sugars, before you start taking this medicine contact him.
3. HOW TO USE HELICID 20 mg?
Always take HELICID 20 mg exactly as described in this leaflet. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The usual dosage is one capsule of 20 mg once daily for 14 days. If after this period symptoms do not disappear, contact your doctor.
It may be necessary to take the capsules for 2-3 consecutive days to achieve improvement of symptoms.
How to take this medicine?
• It is recommended to take the capsules morning.
• You can take the capsules with food or on an empty stomach.
• Swallow the capsules whole with half a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the capsules. The reason for this is that the capsules contain coated pellets are in the stomach acid to decompose the drug. It is important that the integrity of the granules to be impaired. These microbeads contain the active substance omeprazole and are enteric coated which protects them from destruction as they pass through the stomach. The pellets release the active ingredient in the intestine, where it is absorbed by the body to give an effect.
What to do if you have trouble swallowing the capsules
• If you have trouble swallowing the capsules:
o Open the capsule and mix with water (non-carbonated) or with any acidic fruit juice (eg. apple, orange or pineapple) or apple sauce.
o Always stir the mixture just before drinking (the mixture will not be clear). Drink the solution immediately or within 30 minutes
o To make sure that you have drunk all of the medicine, rinse the glass very well with half a glass of water and drink. Do not use milk or fizzy water. The solid pieces contain the medicine - do not chew or crush them.
If you take more dose of 20 mg HELICID
If you take more than the recommended dose HELICID 20 mg, immediately contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to take 20 mg of HELICID
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed. Do not take a double dose to make up.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
As with all drugs, HELICID 20 mg can cause side effects, although
not everybody gets them.
If you notice any of the following rare but serious side effects, stop taking HELICID 20 mg Mr. immediately contact a doctor:
• Sudden wheezing, swelling of the lips, tongue, throat or body, rash, fainting or difficulties in swallowing (severe allergic reaction).
• Redness of the skin with blisters or peeling. Can also be severe blisters and bleeding from the lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals. This can be "Stevens-Johnson" or "toxic epidermal necrolysis".
• Yellow skin, dark urine and tiredness which can be symptoms of liver problems.
Other side effects include:
Common side effects
• Effects on your stomach or gut: diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence
• Nausea or vomiting.
Uncommon side effects
• Swelling of the feet and ankles.
• Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia).
• Dizziness, tingling, "pins and needles", feeling sleepy.
• Dizziness (Vertigo).
• Changes in blood tests that check how the liver.
• Skin rash, lumpy rash (hives) and itchy skin.
• Generally feeling unwell and lacking energy.
Rare side effects
• Blood problems such as a reduced number of white blood cells or platelets. This can cause weakness, bruising or increase the risk of infections.
• Allergic reactions, sometimes very severe, including swelling of the lips, tongue and throat, fever, wheezing.
• Low levels of sodium in the blood. This can cause weakness, vomiting and cramps.
• Anxiety, confusion or depression.
• Taste changes.
• Eyesight problems - such as blurred vision.
• Sudden wheezing or shortness of breath (bronchospasm).
• Dry mouth.
• Inflammation in the mouth.
• infection called "candidiasis" which may affect the gut and is caused by
• Liver problems, including jaundice - yellowing of the skin, dark urine and fatigue.
• Hair loss (alopecia).
• Skin rash on exposure to sunshine.
• Pain in the joints (arthralgia) or muscle pains (myalgia).
• Severe kidney problems (interstitial nephritis).
• Increased sweating.
Very rare side effects
• Changes in blood count including agranulocytosis (lack of white blood cells)
• Seeing, feeling or hearing things (hallucinations).
• Severe liver problems leading to liver failure and inflammation of the brain.
• Sudden development of severe rash or peeling skin. This may be associated with fever and arthralgia (erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson, toxic epidermal necrolysis).
• Muscle weakness.
• Enlarged breasts in men.
5. HOW TO STORE HELICID 20 mg?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use HELICID 20 mg after the expiry date printed on the inner and outer carton after "EXP: * '. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not store above 25 ° C in the original package.
Once opened, use the product within 3 months. Keep the bottle tightly closed in order to protect the product from moisture.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment. i
6. CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What HELICID 20 mg?
Active substance is omeprazole. Each gastro-resistant capsule contains 20 mg omeprazole.
Pellets: Sugar spheres (containing not more than 92% sucrose, the remainder consisting of maize starch and possibly including a starch hydrolyzate and dyes), lactose, hypromellose 2901/6, hyprolose, sodium lauryl sulfate, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, methacrylic acid - ethyl acrylate copolymer (1: 1) 30% dispersion, triethyl citrate, polysorbate 80, talc, purified water.
Capsules: Black iron oxide (E172), red iron oxide (E172), yellow iron oxide (E172), titanium dioxide (E 171), gelatin.
Looks HELICID 20 mg and contents of the pack?
HELICID 20 mg are gastroresistant hard gelatine capsules with a light brown top and light brown-zhylta lower part of the capsule filled with off-white to slightly yellowish-brown spherical pellets.