GERODORM 40 mg. 10 tablets
Gerodorm contain tsinolazepam - soporific drug from the group of benzodiazepines, which has minimal muscle - relaxing and sedative effect. Following the adoption of Gerodorm patients fall asleep faster, wake up less often during the night (eg noise) and fall asleep faster then eventually wake. The average sleep duration increases. Gerodorm used to treat sleep disorders of various origin that require medical treatment.
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE GERODORM
Do not take Gerodorm
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to tsinolazepam or benzodiazepines or any of the other ingredients of Gerodorm;
• acute poisoning with alcohol, hypnotics, analgesics, drugs for psychiatric disorders (neuroleptics, antidepressants, lithium);
• in the case of past or present addictions to alcohol, drugs or psychotropic drugs and substances.
Take special care with Gerodorm
• Before using Gerodorm must be eliminated possible reasons for insomnia (somatic or from the external environment).
• Special care is required in patients with myasthenia gravis (a chronic progressive muscle disease), impaired liver and / or kidney function, heart or breathing problems, brain damage in adult patients and in patients with a very poor general health.
• The safe use by children has not been established.
• Sensitivity to tsinolazepam may be especially increased in elderly patients, patients with organic brain damage and impaired breathing.
Taking other medicines
Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other
medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Concomitant administration of soothing drugs, antidepressants (especially amitriptilinov type), anesthetics or painkillers, drugs for high blood pressure and muscle relaxants may potentiate the effect of Gerodorm.
With concomitant use of analgesics of the opioid type in some cases can suppress breathing.
Taking Gerodorm with food and drink
During treatment should avoid alcohol. Alcohol may potentiate the effect of Gerodorm.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor before taking any medicine Gerodorm should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation.
Tell your doctor immediately in pregnancy.
Driving and using machines
Attention! Taking this medicine may affect the reactivity when working with machines or the ability to drive!
Since reactivity can be affected significantly at the beginning of treatment, special attention is required when driving or performing other activity that requires a higher degree of concentration, and operating machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Gerodorm
Gerodorm contains lactose. If your doctor has told you that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this product.
3. HOW TO TAKE GERODORM
Always take Gerodorm exactly as your doctor tells you. If you're not sure,
ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Your doctor will determine the appropriate dose for you according to your needs.
Unless otherwise prescribed, the usual adult dose is one (1) tablet daily.
The tablets should be swallowed whole with a little water approximately 30 minutes before the desired sleep time. The drug should not be taken immediately after a heavy meal.
In elderly patients treatment usually begins with a half tablet.
Careful dosing is also necessary for patients with diseases of the liver and kidneys, as well as in patients with general ill health.
This drug is not suitable for continuous use - more than two weeks, unless specifically
Treatment duration should be as small as possible.
Discontinuation of Gerodorm should be done by medical appointment.
If you take more dose Gerodorm
Symptoms of overdose of the central nervous system include: dizziness, drowsiness, impaired balance, impaired vision, after receiving very high doses can fall into very deep sleep or even in a coma.
Subsequently can develop circulatory collapse, respiratory depression, and sometimes paradoxical symptoms such as nervousness and insomnia.
It requires immediate medical attention.
If you forget to take Gerodorm
Do not take a double dose to make up the missed dose.
If you stop using Gerodorm
Abrupt discontinuation of treatment may lead to an increase in sleep disorders. Treatment
should not be interrupted without consulting a doctor.
If you have any further questions on the use of Gerodorm, ask your
doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Gerodorm can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
In adopting tsinolazepam established the following adverse reactions:
• disturbances in concentration, drowsiness, changes in motor activity, fatigue, depressed mood, confusion;
• dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
• fainting, dizziness, low blood pressure, rapid heart beat;
• headache, itching, hunger, fatigue.
In very rare cases during treatment with tsinolazepam may occur so-called. "Residual syndrome," which includes the following symptoms: fatigue, weakness, headache and muscle weakness. Typically, patients who are affected by them are in poor general health or the elderly.
Paradoxical reactions in the form of delirozni states of agitation or depression are very rare. Possible partial transient loss of memory (memory hole). Upon abrupt discontinuation can produce some of the following symptoms: irritability, insomnia, anxiety, increased sweating, tremors, increased muscle tone and seizures. With continued use of tsinolazepam in higher doses than prescribed may develop drug dependence.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE GERODORM
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not store above 25 ° C. Protect from light.
Do not use Gerodorm after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
Medicines should not be disposed of in wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
• The active substance is 40 mg tsinolazepam
• The other ingredients are: lactose, corn starch, gelatin, sodium starch glycolate, magnesium
Gerodorm looks like and contents of the pack
The pack contains 10 or 30 tablets.