Femara. 2.5 mg. 30 tablets
Femara. 2.5 mg. 30 tablets
Femara WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
What is Femara ?
Femara contain drug letrozole. It belongs to a group of medicines called aromatase inhibitors. Applicable to the hormonal treatment of breast cancer.
WHAT IT IS USED Femara ?
Femara is administered to prevent recurrence of breast cancer. Can be used as first-line therapy after surgical removal of the breast , or five years after treatment tamoksifen.Femara also be used to prevent the spread of the tumor to other parts of the body in patients with advanced disease .
Femara should be used only when :
- Estrogen receptors of breast cancer.
- In women after menopause occurs , i.e. cessation of menstrual periods .
HOW DOES Femara ?
Growth of breast cancer is often stimulated by estrogens , which are female sex hormones . Femara reduces the amount of estrogen by blocking the enzyme responsible for the formation of estrogens. As a result , the tumor cells slow or stop their growth and / or spread to other parts of the body.
Femara should be taken only under strict medical supervision. Femara may cause thinning or weakening of your bones as a result of the reduction of estrogen in your body. For this reason , your doctor may decide to measure your bone density.
BEFORE YOU TAKE Femara
Do not take Femara if:
- Are allergic to letrozole or any of the other ingredients of Femara listed in this leaflet ;
- If you still have menstruation , ie If you are postmenopausal ;
- If you are pregnant;
- If you are breastfeeding
Take special care with Femara :
- If you have severe kidney disease
- If you have severe liver disease
- If you have a history of osteoporosis or bone fractures
Children and adolescents:
Femara should not be used in children and adolescents.
The elderly :
Femara can be used in patients older than 65 years in the same dosage as in younger adult patients.
Pregnancy and lactation
Should not be taken Femara if you are pregnant or breast-feeding , as this can harm your child.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding , tell your doctor before taking Femara .
Furthermore, since the use of Femara is only recommended in postmenopausal women , restrictions on pregnancy and lactation probably will not apply to you .
HOW TO TAKE Femara ?
How much of your medicine to take ?
The usual dosage is one of Femara Femara tablet once daily. Adoption of Femara every day at the same time will help you not miss to take your tablet .
How to take Femara ?
The tablet should be swallowed whole with a glass of water or other liquid.
How long to take Femara ?
Continue taking Femara every day as long as long as your doctor tells you . You may need to take Femara for months or even years. If you have questions about how long to continue taking Femara , discuss them with your doctor.
If you take more than you should
Refer immediately for advice to your doctor or the nearest hospital. Show them your pack of tablets . Can require treatment
If you forget to take Femara
- If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the dose you forgot and take your next dose at the usual time.
- Otherwise , take the dose as soon as you remember and then take the next dose at the usual time
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Most adverse reactions were mild to moderate and generally resolves in a few days to a few weeks of treatment. Some of the side effects , eg . hot flashes , hair loss or vaginal bleeding may be related to lack of estrogen in your body .
Some side effects can be serious .
Rare or uncommon
- If you have weakness , paralysis or loss of sensation in the arm, leg or any other part of the body, loss of coordination , nausea, difficulty speaking or difficulty breathing.
- If you have sudden pain in the chest.
- If you have difficulty breathing , chest pain , fainting , fast heartbeat, bluish skin or sudden pain in the arm or leg.
- You have swelling or redness along a vein which is very sensitive and painful to the touch.
- If you have a strong fever, chills or mouth sores due to infections .
- If you have a serious and persistent blurred vision .
Some side effects are very common - hot flashes , fatigue, profuse sweating , aching bones and joints.
Some are common - skin rash , headache, feeling of dizziness, gastrointestinal disturbances such as nausea, vomiting, swallowing, diarrhea , increased or loss of appetite , muscle pain, thinning or weakening of the bones , swelling of arms, hands , ankles or feet , anxiety , weight gain , loss of hair
Uncommon - nervous system disorders such as anxiety , nervousness , dizziness, memory problems , drowsiness, insomnia , impaired responsiveness , especially to the touch , palpitations, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, skin disorders such as itching , dry skin , abnormal vaginal as vaginal bleeding , vaginal discharge , vaginal dryness , abdominal pain , chest pain , fever, mucosal dryness , decreased weight , urinary tract infections , urinary frequency .
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
What does Femara :
The active substance is letrozole. Each tablet contains 2.5 mg of letrozole.
The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate , silica , colloidal anhydrous , microcrystalline cellulose , magnesium stearate , corn starch , sodium carboxymethyl starch , hydroxypropyl methylcellulose , polyethylene glycol 8000, talc , titanium dioxide , yellow iron oxide.