Famotidine 20 mg. 30 tablets
Famotidine Medica reduces gastric acid secretion through a specific action on receptors found in the gastric glands.
Famotidine Medica is used for: active peptic ulceration of the stomach and duodenum, erosive gastritis and gastroduodenitis, reflux oesophagitis (return of stomach contents into the esophagus), pathological hypersecretion (syndrome Zollinger-Ellison).
2. BEFORE YOU TAKE Do not take famotidine famotidine Medica Medica
- If you are hypersensitive to the active substance or to any of the ingredients;
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding;
- For children up to 8 years due to lack of adequate data | efficiencies safety.
Take special care with Famotidine Medica
- If you have liver damage, famotidine Medica should be administered at a reduced dose as prescribed by your doctor.
- If you have kidney disease, Vashiyatlekar will determine the dose depending on your health.
- Before treatment must byde off malignancy of the stomach.
- Before you start treatment with famotidine Medica, tell your doctor about any medical problems you have or have had, the existence of allergy or hypersensitivity to other antacids.
Not recommended for use Famotidine Medica in children below 12 years due to lack of evidence of efficacy and safety.
Using other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Famotidine Medica can reduce the absorption of ketoconazole (a drug for the treatment of diseases caused by fungi), because of the change of acidity in the stomach. If necessary by taking ketoconazole, the difference between the two should be taken at least 2 hours.
Coadministration of Famotidine Medica with antacids may reduce its effectiveness.
Taking Famotidine Medica with food and drink
Recommended intake of Famotidine Medica be done at mealtimes, as food increases its absorption.
pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before
Famotidine Medica not be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Driving or operating machinery
There are no restrictions for use of Famotidine Medica when driving or operating machinery as no influence alertness and reflexes.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Famotidine Medica
Famotidine Medica contains lactose. If your doctor has told you that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this product.
3. HOW TO TAKE famotidine MEDICA
Always take Famotidine Medica exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The usual dose is:
In active peptic ulceration of the stomach and dvanadesetoprastnika- twice daily 20mg. morning and evening before bedtime or 40 mg once in the hours before sleep, for 4- 8 weeks.
Maintenance treatment - 20 mg at bedtime for up to one year.
Erosive gastritis and gastroduodenitis - twice daily 20 mg in the morning and at bedtime or 40 mg once at bedtime for 3-4 weeks.
GERD - morning and evening for 20 mg or 40 mg once nightly for 10 to 12 weeks.
Syndrome Zollinger-Ellison (pathological hypersecretion) - 20 mg for 6 hours. At the discretion of the physician - 160 mg of 6 hours.
In patients with renal failure, the dose is 20 mg or the interval between doses is increased to 36-48 hours.
In patients with impaired hepatic function a daily dose is reduced or extended interval between doses.
Children under 12 years does not apply because of lack of efficacy data safety.
In elderly patients do not require a change in dosage.
Famotidine tablets Medica should be swallowed whole with water.
If you take more dose Famotidine Medica
In the event of a possible overdose contact your doctor. A discontinuation of the product and under symptomatic treatment.
If you forget to take a dose of Famotidine Medica
Do not take a double dose to make up. Continue to take the drug regimen prescribed by your doctor.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Medica Famotidine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Famotidine Medica well tolerated.
Rarely can experience the following side effects: headache, dizziness, diarrhea or constipation.
- General disorders - loss of appetite, fatigue, mild fever;
- Cardiac disorders - arrhythmia, palpitations;
- Gastrointestinal disorders - nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, dry mouth, changes in liver enzymes;
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system - muscle cramps, pain in the joints;
- Nervous system - dizziness, confusion, insomnia, somnolence;
- Skin - itching, rash, dry skin;
If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Active substance is famotidine 20mg.
Other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, talc, magnesium stearate, sodium starch gluconate (type A), hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, Opadry YS-IR-7002.
Keep tablets in the original container in a cool, dry place away from children.