FLEXID 500 mg. 7 tablets
- FLEXID belongs to a group of medicines called antibacterial agents of the quinolone class. It inhibits the growth of bacteria by affecting the enzymatic system of bacteria.
- FLEXID is used to treat mild to moderate infections in adults caused by bacteria susceptible to levofloxacin. Levofloxacin may be used for the treatment of the following infections:
= Acute infection of the sinuses
= Acute worsening of chronic bronchitis
= Complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis
= Chronic infection of the prostate caused by infections
= Infections of the skin and tissues
BEFORE YOU TAKE FLEXID
Do not take FLEXID if:
- Are allergic to levofloxacin, other antibacterial agents of the class of hinoponite or any of the other ingredients of Levofloxacin
- Suffer from epilepsy
- If you have had problems with tendons after previous administration of this type of medicine
- If you are pregnant
FLEXID should not be used in children or adolescents in the period of growth.
Take special care with FLEXID
You should contact your doctor if:
- You have symptoms of tendonitis and tendon rupture in the course of treatment - in this case you may feel pain or swelling around the affected tendon. You may need to stop treatment if you have any pain or swelling;
- You have diarrhea, particularly if severe, anvils and / or bloody;
- Have a tendency to seizures;
- Suffer from a lack of hlyukozo-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Have impaired kidney function
You may need your doctor to adjust the dose.
- Have or have had psychiatric disorders. You should discuss this with your doctor before you start taking levofloxacin;
- Have myasthenia.
Track and blood tests
If you are elderly or if you are taking corticosteroids should be monitored during treatment with levofloxacin.
Will be made special blood tests if being treated with levofloxacin and vitamin K antagonists
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor before taking any medicine.
Do not take levofloxacin if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Driving and using machines
Levofloxacin can cause side effects that may impair your ability to operate machinery or driving. These side effects can be dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances.
HOW TO FLEXID
FLEXID should be taken once or twice daily. The dose depends on the type and severity of the infection and the sensitivity of the bacteria. Your doctor will tell you how many tablets to take.
Levofloxacin should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of liquid. They can be divided at the point of the score for the purpose of dose adjustment.
Levofloxacin should be taken at least two hours before or after iron salts, antacids and sucralfate.
Indication and dosage:
Acute sinus infection - 500 mg once daily for 10-14 dne
Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis - 250-500 mg once daily for 7-10 days
Community acquired pneumonia - 500 mg once or twice daily for 7-14 days
Complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis - 250 mg once daily for 7-14 days
Chronic infection of the prostate caused by bacteria - 500 mg once daily for 28 days
Infections of skin and soft tissue - 250 mg once daily or 500 mg once or twice daily for 7-14 days
Impaired renal function:
It is necessary to adjust the dose. You should follow the instructions given by your doctor.
It is not necessary to adjust the dose. You should follow the instructions given by your doctor.
FLEXID should not be given to children and adolescents in the stage of growth.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Common - increase blood levels of liver enzymes.
Uncommon - increasing or decreasing the number of white blood cells; itching, rashes; lack of appetite, upset stomach, vomiting, or pain in the abdomen, constipation, dizziness, drowsiness, nervousness; changes in blood tests due to liver or kidney problems; general weakness; fungal growth, the growth of other resistant microorganisms; dizziness.
Rare - bloody diarrhea; generalized allergic reactions; spatsam the bronchi and possibly severe difficulty in breathing, and in very rare cases swelling of skin and mucous membranes; It may appear tingling sensation; anxiety, depression, anxiety; unusually fast heartbeat, abnormally low blood pressure; bbolka and tendon inflammation, pain in muscles and joints; reducing the number of platelets in the blood, which leads to easy bruising and bleeding easier.
Very rare - a sudden drop in blood pressure or collapse; rupture of the tendon, muscle weakness; inflammation of the liver; very pronounced reduction in the number of white blood cells, causing symptoms such as recurrent or permanent presence of fever, sore throat and feeling that you relapse and heavier; impairment of renal function; hallucinations, psychotic reactions with risk of suicidal thoughts or actions; visual disturbances and hearing disorders of taste and smell, numbness, movement disorders.
The active substance is levofloxacin.
Other ingredients are:
Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, povidone K30, sodium starch glycolate, talc, silica, colloidal anhydrous, croscarmellose sodium, glycerol dibehenate
Tablet coating: hipremeloza, hydroxypropyl cellulose, macrogol 600, titanium dioxide, iron oxide yellow / E172 / iron oxide red / E172 / talc.