Elocon ointment 15g
Elocon ointment 15g
Active substance : Mometasone furoate 1 mg / g.
Excipients: hexylene glycol , purified water , phosphoric acid , propylene glycol stearate, white petrolatum, white wax .
Elocon ointment is provided in a tube of 15 or 30 grams.
Elocon ointment is the product of the group of topical corticosteroids. It is classified as a " potent corticosteroid " . Elocon ointment is applied to the surface of the skin to reduce redness and itching caused by certain skin problems.
For adults and children , ELOCOM ointment is indicated for the relief of inflammation and itching dermatoses in responding to therapy with corticosteroids , such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
When should you not use Elocon ointment ?
• if you or your child ever had an allergic reaction to Elocon or similar product .
You should inform your doctor in order to be prescribed another medicine ;
• if you have a skin problem , since the use of Elocon can lead to deterioration , especially if you have rosacea ( a chronic skin disease characterized by persistent skin rash protruding parts of the face , especially the nose and cheeks , expanding small blood vessels and the formation of superficial pustules ) , acne , dermatitis around the mouth. genital itching, rash babies, chicken pox , shingles , or other skin infections.
Please consult with your doctor:
• Before using Elocon ointment you should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast-feeding ;
• If your skin is sensitive or becomes inflamed after use Elocon ointment , you should discontinue use and notify your doctor.
In some patients , though rare can be any of the following side effects: burning , burning, itching, tingling , hair follicle inflammation , allergic reactions of the skin, skin discoloration , rapid hair growth , thinning and redness kozhata.Ako these or other side effects worry you , you should tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Special warnings and special precautions for use
If an irritation or sensitivity when using Elocon , treatment should be discontinued and should be another preparat.Ako patient develops an infection , you need to start using antibacterial or antifungal medicine. If no quick benefit , corticosteroid treatment should be discontinued until the infection is controlled . Models usually be a local and / or systemic toxicity , especially when long-term treatment of large body surface in skin folds and with the use of occlusive dressings . If it is necessary the use of this product for small children , or to the skin of the person in children , treatment should be limited to 5 days, and did not need to use a bandage . Avoid prolonged treatment with Elocon irrespective of the age grupa.Lokalnata corticosteroid use is hazardous in psoriasis , since it can develop rebound - phenomenon ( phenomenon of withdrawal ) , followed by the development of tolerance , risk of centralized pustular psoriasis and development local or systemic toxicity due to an impaired barrier function of the skin. If Elocon is used in psoriasis is very important strict supervision by the physician on the patient. Elocon not be used for ophthalmic purposes.
Pregnancy and lactation
Still not enough information on the safety of Elocon ointment in pregnant women. Topical administration of corticosteroids to pregnant animals can cause abnormal fetal development including cleft palate and intrauterine growth retardation. Therefore, there can be , although very small risk of such effects for the unborn horata.Ne known whether topical administration of corticosteroids could result in sufficient absorption of production and detection in karmata.Elokom ointment should be used in nursing mothers only after careful consideration of the benefit / risk ratio .
Effects on ability to drive and use machines
No effect .
Dosage and method of administration
Adults, including the elderly and children
A thin layer of Elocon ointment applied to the affected area of the skin , once a day, slightly rubbed .
When you use Elocon ointment You must follow these instructions:
• Elocon ointment should not be used more than five days on the face ;
• Elocon ointment should not be used more than 5 days to the skin of a child ;
• Elocon ointment should be used for treatment of the skin under the diaper , since it facilitates the penetration of the drug into the skin and this may result in some adverse reactions ;
• Elocon ointment should be used in a large amount to treat a large surface area of skin for a prolonged period of time (e.g., each day for weeks or months ) ;
• Elocon ointment should be used for treatment of the eye .
If you forget to use Elocon ointment
If you forget to use Elocon ointment it as soon as you remember and continue to use it as your doctor prescribes .
If overdose Elocon ointment
If you ( or someone else) accidentally swallow amount of Elocon ointment , it will not lead to adverse drug reactions. But if you're still worried please tell your doctor si.Ako use Elocon ointment more often than you should, or apply it over large body surface area , it can affect certain hormones . In children can affect their growth and development.
If you did not follow the dosage instructions of Elocon ointment or prescribed by your doctor and you have used this product often and / or for a long time , you should tell your doctor.
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the packaging. Keep out of reach of children . Do not store above 30 ° C.
3 years ( 36 months) .