EXFORGE. 5 mg.160 mg. 28 tablets
- Amlodipine belongs to a group of substances called "calcium channel blockers". Amlodipine stops the passage of calcium in the blood vessel wall, thereby preventing the contraction of blood vessels.
EXFORGE. 5 mg./160 mg. 28 tablets
WHAT EXFORGE IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
Exforge tablets contain two substances called amlodipine and valsartan. Both of these substances help to control high blood pressure.
- Amlodipine belongs to a group of substances called "calcium channel blockers". Amlodipine stops the passage of calcium in the blood vessel wall , thereby preventing the contraction of blood vessels.
- Valsartan belongs to a group of substances called " angiotensin -II receptor antagonists" . Angiotensin 11 is introduced in the body and causes the contraction of blood vessels , thereby increasing blood pressure . Valsartan works by blocking the effect of angiotensin II.Tova ozanachava that both substances help to stop the contraction of blood vessels. As a result, blood vessels relax and blood pressure is lowered. Exforge is used to treat hypertension in patients whose blood pressure is not controlled enough with either amlodipine or valsartan.
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE EXFORGE
Do not take Exforge
- If you are allergic ( hypersensitive) to amlodipine or other medicines otdihidropiridinov type.
- If you are allergic ( hypersensitive) to valsartan or any of the ingredients of Exforge. If you think you are allergic , talk to your doctor before taking Exforge. - If you have severe liver problems such as biliary cirrhosis or cholestasis.
- If you have severe kidney problems or if you are on dialysis.
- If you are pregnant (see also " Pregnancy " below ) .
If any of the above applies to you . Do not take Exforge and tell your doctor.
Take special care with Exforge
- If you have been sick (vomiting or diarrhea).
- If you are taking diuretics (a type of medicine also called "water tablets " which increases the amount of urine ) .
- If you take other medicines or substances that increase the level of potassium in the blood (eg some types of diuretics , potassium supplements or salt substitutes containing potassium) .
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have a condition affecting the renal glands called " primary hyperaldosteronism" .
- If you have heart failure.
- If your doctor has told you that you have a narrowing of the valves of the heart ( called "aortic or mitral stenosis " ) or that the thickness of the heart muscle is abnormally increased (called " obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy " ) .
If any of the above applies to you , tell your doctor before taking Exforge.
Not recommended the use of Exforge in children and adolescents.
Also tell your doctor if you have had a kidney transplant or if you are told that you have a narrowing of the renal arteries.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. You may need your doctor to change the dose or take other precautions. In some cases, you may need to stop taking one of the medicines . This applies especially to the drugs listed below :
- Lithium ( a drug used to treat some forms of depression ) ;
- Potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium supplements , salt substitutes containing potassium or other substances that may increase potassium levels;
- Anticonvulsants ( eg, carbamazepine, phenobarbital , barbital , phenytoin, fosphenytoin , primidone ) , rifampicin, St. John's wort ;
- Nitroglycerin and other nitrates, or other substances called " vasodilators" ;
- Medicines used for HIV / AIDS (eg ritonavir) or for treatment of fungal infections (eg ketoconazole) .
Taking Exforge with food and drink
You can take Exforge with or without food.
Exforge and elderly
Caution is required when increasing the dosage.
Pregnancy and lactation
Do not take Exforge if you are pregnant . The use of this medicine during pregnancy can cause serious damage to the fetus. It is important to immediately consult your doctor if you think you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant .
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding. Treatment with Exforge is not recommended during karmene.Posavetvayte your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine .
Driving and using machines
This medicine may make you feel dizzy. This can affect your ability to concentrate. Therefore, if you are not sure how it will affect you this medicine , do not drive or operate machinery , or do other activities that require concentration.
3 . HOW TO TAKE EXFORGE
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor. This will help you achieve the best results and lower the risk of side effects.
The usual dose of Exforge is one tablet per day.
- It is recommended to take the tablet at the same time each day , preferably in the morning .
- Swallow the tablets with a glass of water.
- You can take Exforge with or without food.
Depending on how you respond to treatment, your doctor may suggest a higher or lower dose .
Do not exceed the prescribed dose .
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
If you take more Exforge than
If you take too many tablets of Exforge, or if someone else has taken your tablets , consult a doctor immediately.
If you forget to take Exforge
If you forget to take this medicine , take it as soon as you remember. Then take your next dose at the usual time . However, if it is almost time for your next dose , do not take the dose you missed. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines , Exforge can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
Some side effects can be serious:
A few patients have experienced these serious side effects ( affecting less than 1 in 1000 patients). If any of these side effects , tell your doctor immediately: Allergic reaction with symptoms such as rash , itching , swelling of face or lips or tongue, difficulty breathing , low blood pressure (feeling of faintness and dizziness ) .
Other possible side effects:
Common (affecting less than 1 in 10 patients): Influenza; blocked nose, sore throat and discomfort when swallowing, headache , swelling of arms, hands , legs, ankles or feet , tiredness , redness and warm feeling of the face and / or neck. Uncommon ( affecting less than 1 in 100 patients). Dizziness , nausea and abdominal pain , dry mouth , drowsiness , numbness or tingling of the hands or feet , dizziness , rapid heart beat including palpitations ; zamaynost on standing , coughing , diarrhea , constipation, skin rash , skin redness , swelling joint pain , back pain , pain in the joints.
Rare ( affecting less than 1 in 1000 patients). Feeling anxious , ringing in the ears (tinnitus ), light headedness , passing more urine than normal or feeling more of an urge to urinate , inability to maintain an erection; sensation of heaviness , low blood pressure with symptoms such as lightheadedness , dizziness , increased sweating ; skin rashes all over the body itching , muscle cramps. If any of these affect you severely, tell your doctor.
Side effects with amlodipine or valsartan alone which can be serious:
Nausea with or without stomach pain , swelling of the feet or legs due to fluid accumulation , angina pain ( affecting less than 1 in 10 patients) , muscle pain, breast enlargement in men, rash and itching loss of appetite , shortness of breath , tiredness after light physical activity (heart disease) ( affecting less than 1 in 100 patients) , decrease the number of white blood cells, which can increase the risk of infections , inflammation of the pancreas and liver, which can make you feel sick (vomiting), yellowing of the skin and eyes, a reduction in the number of platelets in the blood, which can make it easier to bleed or have bruises, inflammation of blood vessels, which may cause a rash , swollen gums , changes in the results of some tests of liver function ( affecting less than 1 in 10 000 patients).
A reduction in the number of white blood cells, which could increase the risk of infections ( affecting less than 1 10patsienti ) . Changes in kidney function, especially in patients treated with diuretics or in patients with kidney disease ( affecting less than 1 in 10 OOOpatsienti ) and swelling, particularly of the face ( affecting less than 1 in 100 patients). Hypersensitivity reactions , which may include fever, rash , joint pain and fatigue ( affecting less than 1 to 1 OOO patients).
If you experience any of these side effects , please inform your doctor immediately. If any of the side effects gets serious , or you notice other effects not listed in this listrvka side effects, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 . STORE EXFORGE
Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use Exforge after the expiry date stated on the carton and blister. Do not store above 30 ° C. Store in the original package to protect from vlaga.Ne use packaging Exforge, that is damaged or shows signs of tampering .
6 . ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What Exforge contains
- The active ingredients of Exforge are amlodipine (as amlodipine besylate) and valsartan. Each tablet contains 5 mg of amlodipine and 160 mg of valsartan.
- The other ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose , crospovidone type A , silica colloidal anhydrous , magnesium stearate , hypromellose , macrogol 4000 , talc , titanium dioxide ( E171 ), yellow iron oxide ( E172) .
Exforge looks like and contents of the pack
Exforge 5 mg/160 mg are dark yellow, oval tablet imprinted with "NVR" on one side and " ECE " on the other .
Exforge is available in packs containing 7,14,28,30 , 56,90,98 and 280 tablets. Not all pack sizes may be marketed in your country.