ENHANCIN syrup 250 mg. 100. ml
ENHANCIN syrup 250 mg. / 100. ml
ENHANCIN WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
ENHANCIN comprises a combination of amoxycillin trihydrate and potassium clavulanate. This combination of amoxicillin / clavulanic acid belongs to a group of drugs called penicillin antibiotics. Antibiotics help the body fight infections.
ENHANCIN be used for different types of bacterial infections caused by susceptible microorganisms. These include:
- Infections of the throat, ear, tonsils (tonsillitis), sinuses (sinusitis) and others.
- A chest infection such as bronchitis, pneumonia and others.
- Infections of the bladder and urethra infections of the reproductive organs
- Infections in the abdomen
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues, including after animal bites Infections of the teeth and soft tissues (abscesses)
2. BEFORE YOU GIVE YOUR CHILD ENHANCIN
ENHANCIN not give your child if:
Your child ever had an allergic reaction to antibiotics such as amoxicillin, other penicillins or cephalosporins to clavulanic acid, and any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet. (An allergic reaction may include rash, itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat, or difficulty breathing)
Your child has serious problems with liver function
Your child ever stardalo kidney disease (eg jaundice) while taking antibiotics
Your child has infectious mononucleosis
Your child has a blood disorder (diagnosed there is lymphatic leukemia) Take special care and tell your doctor before you give your child ENHANTCN if:
• Your child is suffering from liver or kidney disease
• Your child has asthma or other allergies
• your child had profuse vomiting or diarrhea
Please tell your doctor, even in cases where the child has had similar problems in the past.
This drug may interfere with the results of some laboratory tests of urine. Be sure that the doctors and nurses know that giving this medicine to your child if in the meantime have him do some laboratory tests.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you give your child or have recently given other medicines, even those without a prescription. Special attention is required if your child is taking any of the following:
- Aspirin, warfarin, heparin, or any other dihidrokumarol drug blood thinners (anticoagulants) probenecid (a medicine to treat gout, as well as in combination with antibiotics to treat severe infections)
allopurinol (a drug used to treat gout) disulfiram (used to treat alcoholism) hormonal contraceptives (birth control pills)
- Other antibiotics (such as tetracyclines, sulfonamides, erythromycin, roxithromycin, chloramphenicol, etc.).
sulfasalazine (used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis, bowel disorder in which there is persistent diarrhea and Crohn's disease)
digoxin (used to treat certain heart conditions)
If your child is taking any of these medicines, ENHANTSIN may not be suitable medicine for her / him or to have its dosage should be changed accordingly.
ENHANCIN intake of food or drink
The suspension should be administered at the beginning of a meal for optimum absorption.
Pregnancy and lactation
If you take ENHANCIN and you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or planning to become pregnant; or if you are breastfeeding, tell your doctor.
Use of this product in pregnant women should be avoided (especially in the first three months of pregnancy) unless absolutely necessary. This product can be used in lactating women.
Ask your doctor shi pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Drive and use machines
No data ENHANTSIN to affect the ability to drive and use machines. Make sure you know how you / your child react to the medicine before you drive, use machinery, or do other activities that could be dangerous if you are not alert, if you are taking / giving your child antibiotics.
Important information about some of the ingredients of ENHANCIN
Your medicine contains small amounts of inactive ingredients:
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (E321), which is irritating to eyes, skin and ligavitsite.Aspartamat (E951) is a source of phenylalanine, this medicine may not be suitable for people suffering from phenylketonuria.
Sodium benzoate (E211) is a mild irritant to the skin, eyes and mucous membranes; may increase the risk of jaundice in newborns.
The suspension also contains potassium, which amount must be considered in patients hypokalemic diet. Increased potassium levels can cause gastrointestinal irritation and diarrhea after oral (by mouth) use. Also, when administered in accordance with the instructions, each dose of 5 ml procure about 0.65 g sorbitol. Sorbitol is not suitable for hereditary fructose intolerance. May cause gastrointestinal irritation and diarrhea.
3. HOW TO GIVE YOUR CHILD ENHANCIN
Give this medicine to your child as well as prescribed by the doctor. Carefully follow the dosing instructions. The dosage is different for different age groups of children, do not give a higher dose than prescribed for your child. Check how many prescription medicine and how often to give your child. Your pharmacist or doctor can help if you are unsure.
The information below gives the usual doses ENHANCIN. In some cases, your doctor may prescribe a different dose to have the best treatment outcome. Please follow the instructions of your doctor.
Adults and children over 12 years /
Formulation is not designed for this age group. Other strengths and dosage forms of the same active substances are available for vazrstnite and children over 12 years.
Children under 12 years:
The usual recommended dose per kg of weight per day is 25 mg, which is given in three divided doses. (25 mg ENHANTSIN contain 20 mg of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid 5 mg)
If the infection is severe, the dose may be increased to 50 mg per kg bodyweight per day in three divided doses. (50 mg contains 40 mg ENHANTSIN amoxicillin and 10 mg clavulanic acid) If your child is vazrast'pod 1 year: dose is calculated based on weight of the child (for example, if the child weighs 7.5 kg, then it needs a 2 ml suspension ENHANTSIN 125/31.25 tid).
If your child is aged 1 to 6 years:
in this age group is appropriate suspension ENHANCIN 125/31.25. Obichaynta dose is one teaspoon (5 ml) of suspension ENHANCIN 125/31.25 three times den.Ako your child is aged 6 to 12 years: in this age group is appropriate suspension ENHANTSIN 250/62.5. Obichaynta dose per teaspoonful (5 ml) of the suspension 250/62.5 ENHANTCN three times per day.
Children with kidney or liver problems
If your child has kidney or liver problems, your doctor may prescribe a lower dose.
How to prepare ENHANCIN suspension
Add water to the level of the marker on the bottle and shake well. In the event that the prepared suspension is below the level of the marker, add water so as to reach the marker. Each bottle contains 100 ml after reconstitution.
Shake well before each use. The package comprises a measuring cup to measure the dose. Ask your pharmacist how to use it and must wash it thoroughly after each dose. For best effect, give the suspension before eating.
Duration of treatment: Give the suspension as long as prescribed by your doctor. This is usually between 7 and 14 days. It is important not to stop taking it when the child is feeling better, as some bacteria can survive the infection in this case, can be resumed.
If your child has taken more than the required dose ENHANCIN
Tell your doctor immediately or go to the nearest ambulance. Your child may have symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydrate and more. It can also give convulsions / seizures. Take this leaflet and bulilkata with you to the doctor knows what you have given to your child.
If you forget to give ENHANTSIN
If you miss a dose, give the dose as soon as possible, then return to your normal intake. Do not give a double dose to make up for the forgotten, you should wait about 4 hours before taking your next dose. It is best to give the medicine at the same time each day will help you remember taking it regularly.
If you feel that the effect of ENHANTSIN is too strong or too weak, or if you have any other questions about this product, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, ENHANTSIN may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Based on the incidence of side effects, they can be classified as: Common (> 10% patients); Typical 1% to <10% of patients); Abnormal (> 0.1% to <1% of patients); Rare (> 0.01% to <0.1% of patients); Very rare (> 0.001% to <0.01% patients).
Very serious side effects
If any of the following happen, stop taking ENHANTSIN and tell your doctor immediately or go to the emergency at the nearest hospital.
Very rare side effects
• If your child has severe diarrhea (which may contain blood or mucus), do not give anti-diarrheal medicines without first consulting a physician.
• If your child has blisters immediately after taking ENHANTSIN, stop giving the drug. The child may have received a serious allergic reaction or other reaction to the drug.
Other symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, tightness in the chest, difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, lips, hands / feet; drowsiness and / or high temperature.
• If your child has seizures or convulsions.
Rare side effects
• Severe skin reactions such as blisters, sores and ulcers.
These are very serious side effects. It is possible that your child may need urgent medical attention or hospitalization.
Serious side effects
If any of the following happen, tell your doctor immediately or go to the emergency at the nearest hospital
These adverse reactions have been reported rarely.
• Unusual bleeding or increased bleeding; persistent sore throat; frequent infections, unusual fatigue and pallor of the skin. All this may be due to the reduced number of blood cell type.
• rash, joint pain, fever, swollen lymph nodes, decreased blood pressure and an enlarged spleen; These can be symptoms of type allergic reaction called serum sickness. These symptoms may occur weeks after discontinuation of the drug.
• Dark bloody or cloudy urine or change in the amount of urine that separates your child (this may be signs of kidney problems)
• Yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes with decreased appetite, abdominal pain with or without the appearance of dark urine and pale stools (These may be signs of liver problems)
Other side effects:
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
Rarely reported side effects:
• Black color language
Rarely reported side effects:
• discoloration of the teeth to yellow or brown, usually these spots can be easily removed by brushing.
• Headache, dizziness, hiperakgivnost
Common side effects:
• Skin eruptions and rashes, itching, blisters
• Nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, flatulence, indigestion, diarrhea
• Dryness of the mouth, rash, oral
• altered taste
Side effects with unknown frequency
• Thrush (a fungal infection of the mouth, vagina, or skin folds)
• Vaginal itching, irritation, over
Can observe changes in the results of some laboratory tests
• Change in the number of blood cells
Abnormal results on liver function tests if any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. STORAGE ENHANCIN
Store your medicines out of the reach of children.
• Do not use ENHANCIN after the expiry date stated on the bottle.
• Store reconstituted suspension under refrigeration (2-8 ° C), the bottle is sealed "cap. Unused until the seventh day suspension should be discarded.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
ENHANCIN is available in two different concentrations: ENHANTSIN powder for oral suspension 125/31.25 mg / 5 ml ENHANTSIN powder for oral suspension 250 / 62.5 mg / 5 ml
What does ENHANTSIN
- Active ingredients: Each 5 ml of reconstituted suspension contains a combination of amoxycillin trihydrate (corresponding respectively to 125 mg or 250 mg of amoxycillin) and potassium clavulanate (equivalent to 31.25 mg, respectively, or 62.5 mg of clavulanic acid)
- Excipients: sodium benzoate (E211), sorbitol (E420), butylated hydroxytoluene (E321), sodium citrate, aspartame (E951), xanthan gum, monosodium citrate, flavor of pomegranate
ENHANCIN looks like and contents of pack
ENHANCIN comes naturally transparent HDPE bottle with a marker, screw cap with pin indicator bar initially opened with a measuring cup placed in a cardboard box. Each bottle contains a granular powder with a white color to the mat to form a suspension with the characteristic flavor of the addition of the required amount of water.