Donepezil. 10 mg. 28 tablets
It is used to treat the symptoms of dementia in patients diagnosed with mild and moderately severe Alzheimer's disease (senile dementia).
Donepezil. 10 mg. 28 tablets
Donepezil WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
Donepezil belongs to a group of medicines called acetylcholine linesterazni inhibitors.
It is used to treat the symptoms of dementia in patients diagnosed with mild and moderately severe Alzheimer's disease ( senile dementia ) . Symptoms include increasing memory loss , confusion and behavioral changes . As a result , persons who suffer from Alzheimer them more difficult to carry out their usual daily activities.
Donepezil is administered only to adults.
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE donepezil
Do not take Donepezil
- If you are allergic ( hypersensitive) to donepezil hydrochloride, to a neighboring agents ( piperidine derivatives ) or to any of the excipients of donepezil .
Take special care with Donepezil
Please tell your doctor if you suffer from any other disease , as may be necessary for your doctor to take this into account . In particular, tell your doctor:
- If you have or have had stomach ulcers or duodenum if you have or have had seizures ( fits) or convulsions
- If you have or have had heart disease ( irregular or very slow heartbeats) if you have or have had asthma or other long lung disease if you have or have had liver problems or hepatitis if you have or have had difficulty in urination or weak kidney disease
Accord Donepezil can also be used in patients with kidney disease or mild to moderate disease in the liver. Tell your doctor if you have kidney disease or liver. Patients with severe liver disease should not take Donepetsil .
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines , including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications : other medicines for Alzheimer's disease , for example . sedatives galanthamine or treatment of arthritis , e. aspirin , nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs ) such as ibuprofen or diclofenac sodium , anticholinergic drugs , e. tolterodine , antibiotics , e. erythromycin, rifampicin, anti- fungal drugs , e. ketoconazole, anti- depressants , e. fluoxetine, anticonvulsants , e. carbamazepine
- The treatment of cardiac disease , e. quinidine, beta-blockers ( propranolol and atenolol ) grants for muscles , for example . diazepam, succinylcholine general anesthetics • medicines obtained without a prescription , for example . herbal Remedies
If you will be undergoing surgery that requires you to put a general anesthetic , you should tell your doctor and anesthetist that you are taking Donepezil Accord . The reason for this is that your medicine may affect the required amount of sedative .
Taking Donepezil with food and drink
The food will not affect the outcome of Donepezil .
Donepezil must not be taken with alcohol , since the alcohol can alter its effect .
Pregnancy and lactation
Donepezil is not to be used during pregnancy , unless clearly that it is necessary .
Donepezil is not to be used during lactation .
Ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
Alzheimer's disease may impair your ability to drive or operate machinery and you must not carry out these activities , except in the event that your doctor decides that it is safe Also, your medicine may cause fatigue , dizziness and cramps muscles. If this happens do not drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Donepezil
This medicinal product contains lactose. If your doctor has told you that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking Donepezil .
3 . HOW TO PRIEMATEDONEPEZIL ?
Always take donepezil exactly as your doctor has instructed. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
The usual starting dose is one 5 mg white tablet every night. After a month your doctor tells you to take 10 mg ( one yellow tablet) every night. Swallow your Donepezil Accord with a sip of water before going to bed at night. Dose tablet that will take may change depending on the time that you are taking the drug , and depending on what your doctor recommends . The maximum | recommended dose is 10 mg every night.
Always perform the advice of your doctor or pharmacist about how and when to take your medicine.
Do not change the dose yourself, without consulting your doctor . How long should I take donepezil ?
Your doctor or pharmacist will advise you on how long you should continue to take your tablets . You should periodically visit your doctor to remeasure your treatment and course of your symptoms .
If you take more Donepezil Accord than you should
Do not take more than one tablet a day. Immediately call your doctor if you take more than you need. If you can not contact your doctor immediately contact the department of the local hospital for emergencies. Always take the tablets and the container with you to the hospital so that the doctor knows what you have taken .
Symptoms of overdose include nausea, salivation , sweating, slow heart rate , low blood pressure ( dizziness when standing up ) , breathing problems , loss of consciousness and seizures ( fits) or convulsions.
If you forget to take Donepezil
If you forget to take a dose , just take one tablet the following day at the usual time . Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet.
If you forget to take your medicine for more than a week , call your doctor before taking the medicine again .
If you stop taking Donepezil
Do not stop taking your tablets unless your doctor tells you to. If you stop taking Donepezil benefits of your treatment will gradually lose weight.
If you have any questions about using this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines Donepezil can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects have been reported by people taking donepezil . Serious side effects:
Should immediately inform your doctor if you notice those mentioned serious side effects. You may need urgent medical treatment .
- Liver injury , e. hepatitis. Symptoms of hepatitis are nausea, loss of appetite, feeling generally uncomfortable , fever , itching, yellowing of the skin or eyes , dark colored urine (probably affects less than 1 in 1000 people)
- Ulcers of the stomach or duodenum. Symptoms of ulcers are stomach pain and discomfort ( indigestion ), feeling between the navel and the breastbone (probably affects less than 1 in 100 people)
- Bleeding in the stomach or intestines. This can cause you dejection as black resin or visible blood from the rectum (probably far less than 1 in 100 people)
- Seizures ( fits) or convulsions (probably affects less than 1 in 100 people)
Very common side effects (more than 1 in 10 people ):
Common side effects (1 to 10 in every 100 patients treated) :
- Muscle cramps
- Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia ) common cold loss of appetite
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there)
- Abnormal dreams, including nightmares
- Aggressive behavior
- Uncomfortable feeling in the stomach
- Uncontrolled leakage of urine
- Events ( patients are more prone to falls and accidental injury )
Uncommon side effects (1 to 10 out of 1000 patients treated) :
• slow heartbeat
• small increase in the serum concentration of creatine kinase in muscle
• gastrointestinal bleeding seizures ( fits)
Rare side effects ( 1 to 10 per 10 000 patients treated) :
• numbness , tremor or uncontrolled movement , especially of the face and tongue , but also of the limbs
• disturbance of the heart rhythm
• impaired liver function , including hepatitis ( inflammation of liver)
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 . HOW TO STORE donepezil ACCORD ?
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use Donepezil Accord after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and blister. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines that you no longer need. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6 . ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What does Donepezil ?
The active ingredient is donepezil hydrochloride. Each tablet contains Donepezil hydrochloride monohydrate, which corresponds to the donepezil hydrochloride 5 mg / 10 mg
The other ingredients are:
Core: lactose monohydrate, starch , microcrystalline cellulose , low-substituted hidroksirpopil cellulose , magnesium stearate
10 mg: (E464 ), titanium dioxide (E171) , macrogol 400, talc ( E553 yellow iron oxide (E 172)
Donepezil Accord looks like and contents of the pack ?
Donepezil Accord exists in 5 mg and 10 mg tablets . The tablets are described below .
10 mg: yellow, oval , biconvex , film-coated tablet, engraved with "10" on one side and flat on the other.
Donepezil 10 mg tablets are available in the following packages :
PVC / Alu blister in carton : 7, 28, 30, 50, 56, 60, 84 , 98 and 120 tablets HDPE bottle of 100 tablets
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Marketing Authorisation Holder:
Accord Healthcare Limited