Digoxin table. 0.25mgkg. 20 tablets
Digoxin table. 0.25mg/kg. 20 tablets
Digoxin WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
contain digoxin drug digoxin. A group of the so- cardiac ( digitalis ) glycosides . These are drugs that favorably affect the contractile function of the heart muscle , and correct irregularities of the heart rhythm.
Digoxin is used to treat chronic heart failure ( heart muscle weakness ), and certain heart rhythm disturbances , especially atrial arrhythmias ( atrial tachyarrhythmias ) .
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE digoxin
Do not use Digoxin
- If you are allergic ( hypersensitive) to the active ingredient digoxin or any of the other ingredients in the medicine
- If you are allergic to other cardiac glycosides / as digotoksin /
- If you have heart disease , which is associated with an abnormal heart rhythm and conduction ( atrioventricular block II-III degree syndrome sick sinus , slow heart rate , if you have had a recent myocardial infarction ;
- If you have information that the level of potassium in your blood is too low or the calcium level is increased .
Take special care with digoxin
Tell your doctor if:
- Have another heart disease than what is prescribed digoxin , kidney disease or kidney failure , lung disease , thyroid problems ;
You are elektrokardioverziya ( change heart rhythm with an electric shock ) .
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor if you take:
medicines for lowering high blood pressure such as diuretics (water ) , calcium antagonists (e.g., verapamil) , beta -blockers ( propranolol , metoprolol , etc. . )
medicines for heart rhythm disturbances ( quinidine , amiodarone or propafenone ) ;
rheumatic inflammatory drugs ( indomethacin , etc . )
calcium supplements ;
antibiotics ( tetracycline, erythromycin, rifampicin , clarithromycin and the like . ) and those for the treatment of fungal infections ( amphotericin , itraconazole ) ;
drugs for the treatment of diseases of the stomach (drugs neutralizing stomach acid , carbenoxolone ) ; galprazolam ( a drug for the treatment of neuroses ), parathyroid extract and vitamin D.
Please tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Taking Digoxin with food and drink
When taken during or after meals, absorption of digoxin slows and action will occur later.
Pregnancy and lactation
Before taking any medicine during pregnancy , be sure to consult your doctor.
If you are pregnant , treatment with digoxin only be given under medical supervision. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding. Although the active substance passes into breast milk in small amounts , treatment with digoxin should be undertaken with caution
Driving and c Machines
When digoxin may appear drowsiness and visual disturbances . Until we resolve these phenomena , do not drive or perform activities requiring alertness and speed of reaction .
3 . HOW TO TAKE digoxin ?
Always take digoxin SOPHARMA exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor. You should not change the dose or discontinue treatment without first consulting your doctor even if you feel well .
Method of administration : the tablets are taken orally with water, 1/2 to 1 hour before meals or with food if the medicine is an irritant effect on the gastric mucosa .
Drug dosage determined by your doctor .
If you take an overdose of digoxin
If you take the dose more than prescribed , you may experience nausea, dizziness , rapid or slow heartbeat . May appear in color vision ! Stop taking the drug immediately and consult the advice of your doctor or health facility .
If you forget to take digoxin
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. If necessary, consult a doctor.
If you need to stop taking digoxin
The duration of treatment can be determined by the attending physician . Discontinuation of treatment only after consulting your doctor .
If you have any further questions on the use of this product , ask your doctor or pharmacist
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all drugs , digoxin SOPHARMA can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
When digoxin possible following side effects:
- Loss of appetite , nausea, vomiting , diarrhea, abdominal pain rarely ;
- Headache , fatigue , anxiety , trembling of the limbs , slurring of speech / aphasia / depression , hallucinations,
- Visual disturbance c appearance of black or colored spots in the field of vision , blurred vision , yellow vision;
- Abnormal heart beat - extrasystoles ( palpitations ) , speeding up or slowing pulse . In children, early signs of side effects are slow heart rate below the usual age and appearance of extrasystoles ;
- Gynecomastia during prolonged therapy ;
- Very rarely possible to reduce the number of platelets ( a type of blood cell) .
If any of the side effects gets serious , or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor.
5 . STORAGE digoxin
Keep out of reach of children. Do not store above 25 ° C. .
Store in the original package to protect from light and moisture.
It should not be used after the expiry date stated on the packaging. Expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment
6 . ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What does digoxin ?
The active ingredient Digoxin 0,25 mg.
Other ingredients are: microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch , povidone, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide.
Looks like digoxin and contents of the pack ?
Round, flat , white tablets with bevelled and scored on one side. 10 tablets in blister PVC / aluminum foil 2 or 5 blister with leaflet in carton box.