Diflucan 50 mg. 7 capsules
Diflucan capsules have different strengths:
Each tyurkoazenosinyo white capsule contains 50 mg of fluconazole. On it is printed "FLU 50" and "PFIZER" .Each svetlotyurkoazenosinya capsule contains 150 mg of fluconazole. On it is printed "FLU 150" and "PFIZER".
Colours in the capsule shell:
50 mg capsules: patent blue V (E131), titanium dioxide (E171)
150 mg capsules: patent blue V (E131), titanium dioxide (E171)
Excipients: Colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose, magnesium stearate, corn starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, gelatin (in the capsule shell)
Diflucan 50 mg is available in packs of 7 capsules.
Diflucan 150 mg is available in packs of 1 capsule.
What type of medicine is Diflucan
Diflucan belongs to a group of antifungal drugs.
What is your medicine
Diflucan is used to treat infections caused by fungi / yeasts. Fungal infections are caused most often by a yeast called Candida. This medicine may be prescribed to you by your doctor for treatment of the following infections.
• Thrush in the mouth or throat (infection of the mucous membranes). Thrush is caused most commonly by Candida;
• Candida infections of the lung, skin and urinary;
• Candida infection of the oral cavity in patients with dentures
• Diflucan may also be used to prevent the occurrence of fungal infection;
• You may be appointed Diflucan to treat skin infections eg. the athlete foot, ringworm, nail infections;
• You may be prescribed Diflucan to treat fungal infections of the internal organs (systemic infections) caused by Candida, eg. bloodstream infections, urinary tract infections and other infections of the internal organs;
• Can be treated patients of intensive therapy and those with a weakened immune system;
• You may be appointed Diflucan to treat fungal infections of the internal organs (systemic infections) caused by Cryptococcus, eg. cryptococcal meningitis and infections of other sites, for example. lungs and skin;
• Diflucan can be used to stop the recurrence of the disease caused by a fungus called Cryptococcus;
• You may be prescribed Diflucan to treat candida infection of the genitals, such as vaginal thrush, enrolled retsidivyrashtite forms (3 or more infections per year);
• You may be prescribed Diflucan to treat candida balanitis (inflammation of the end of the penis and / or foreskin);
• You can also get Diflucan to not develop a fungal infection (if your immune system is not functioning as it should);
• Diflucan can be used to treat certain fungal rare disease called coccidioidomycosis, paracoccidioidomycosis, histoplasmosis, and sporotrichosis.
Before you use Diflucan
If you answer YES to any of these questions, tell your doctor immediately.
• Are you pregnant or think you may be pregnant?
• are breast-feeding you?
• Do you have problems with your kidneys?
• Have you ever had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of Diflucan or another medicine that you are used to treat fungal infections? This reaction can be expressed in itching, redness of the skin and difficulty breathing.
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
• warfarin or coumarin agents (to prevent clotting of the blood);
• benzodiazepines (hypnotics and sedatives);
• oral sulfonylureas such as chlorpropamide, glibenclamide, glipizide or tolbutamide (to control diabetes);
• diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide (in fluid retention and high blood pressure);
• phenytoin (for epilepsy);
• rifampicin (antibiotic);
• cyclosporine (used in transplant patients);
• theophylline (used to treat asthma);
• terfenadine (to treat allergy);
• cisapride (for treatment of esophageal reflux disease). Co-administration with Diflucan contraindicated;
• astemizole (to treat allergy);
• rifabutin (antibiotics);
• tacrolimus (used in transplant patients);
• zidovudine, also known as AZT (used in AIDS patients). How to use your medicine
Diflucan capsules should only be taken in ustata.Obichaynite doses of this medicine for various infections are given dolu.Pogovorete your doctor if you are unsure of what you written Diflucan.
• Candida infections of the mucosa of the oral cavity and throat: 50-100 mg in a single dose daily for 7 -14 days or longer.
• oral infections in patients wearing dentures: 50 mg once daily for 14 days. Prosthesis should also be disinfected.
• Candida infection of the esophagus, invasive lung infections, urinary tract infections, a condition called mucocutaneous candidiasis: 50 to 100 mg / day. 14 -30 days.
• For the prevention of re-expression of a Candida infection of the oral cavity and throat in AIDS patients: 150 mg once a week.
• Genital candida infection: 150 mg as a single oral dose.
• Women who suffer from frequent vaginal Candida infections (3 or more times a year) can take Diflucan to prevent recurrence of infection. The dose is 150 mg once monthly for 4 -12 months, or longer, if necessary.
• Fungal skin infections: 150 mg in a single dose per week or 50 mg in a single dose per day for 2-4 weeks. When the athlete's foot may need to continue treatment for 6 weeks.
• When a skin infection called tinea verzikolor: 300 mg as a once a week for two weeks; may need to continue treatment for 3 weeks. In other patients, a single dose of 300-400 mg may be sufficient. Another treatment regimen is 50 mg once daily in about 2-4 weeks.
• In nail infections: 150 mg as a once weekly for 3 - b months (for fingernails) and 6 -12 months (for toenails).
• Internal infections caused by Candida, 400 mg on the first day and then a 200 400 mg daily. In life-threatening infections caused by Candida, the dose may be increased to 800 mg fluconazole once daily.
• In order to prevent recurrence of Candida infections: 50 to 400 mg in a single dose daily until the risk.
• Infections of the internal organs caused by Cryptococcus: 400 mg on the first day, then 200-400 mg in a single dose per day for 6-8 weeks or longer. In life-threatening infections caused by Cryptococcus, the dose may be increased to 800 mg in a single dose per day.
• To prevent recurrence of cryptococcal infection in AIDS patients: 200 mg daily for an indefinite period.
• coccidioidomycosis, paracoccidioidomycosis, sporotrichosis and histoplasmosis: 200 to 400 mg daily for 2 years or more.
Ages 4 weeks to 15 years:
• Candida infections of the mucous membranes: 3 mg / kg once daily the first day can be given 6 mg / kg.
• Internal fungal infections caused by Candida or Cryptococcus: 6-12 mg / kg once daily. Prevention of fungal infections: 3-12 mg / kg once daily while at risk of getting an infection.
During the third and fourth week of o / gray: same dose that is administered to older children, but administered every two dni.Prez first two weeks of life; The same dose that was administered to older children, but administered every three days.
Apply the usual adult dose unless you have kidney problems.
Patients with kidney disease
Your doctor may change the dose depending on your kidney funktsiya.Ponyakoga doctors prescribe different doses to such diseases. Your doctor will prescribe what dose you should apply you or your child. If you still are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Capsules drink a cup voda.Nay is better to take your medicine at the same time each day. You may take your medicine with or without food.
What should you do if you take too much Diflucan
If you take too much Diflucan can be pochuvstvatezle. Contact your doctor or the emergency department at blizkatabolnitsa.
What should you do if you forget to take Diflucan
Do not be nervous.
If you miss a dose, just take your next dose in time for the next intake.
Does this drug cause side effects
Diflucan can cause some side effects.
The most common side effects are:
• nausea, vomiting, poor digestion (dyspepsia);
• stomach discomfort;
• shortness of breath;
• skin rashes, urticaria.
These side effects are usually mild. If they cause you any discomfort or last too long, ask your doctor or farmatsevt.Sledvashtiyat frequency side effect is rash. If you are being treated for superficial infection and a rash, which your doctor considers it connected with Diflucan, it will stop taking it. If a rash appears, while being treated for severe systemic infection, your doctor will monitor you closely. It will stop Diflucan if manifest a certain type of skin reaction (large blisters or erythema multiforme) .Ponyakoga appears headaches in patients treated with Diflucan.
Rare side effects
Diflucan rarely exhibit severe liver toxicity in patients treated with it. This occurs most frequently in patients in serious condition. Toxicity usually disappears after discontinuation of the drug. If your doctor determines that you have liver toxicity caused by this drug, it will stop DiflukanPatsienti treated with Diflucan rarely have abnormal kryvni l / liver function tests, urine tests and other biochemical tests. It is not certain that they are caused by Diflucan. If this happens to you, your doctor will carefully pregleda.Patsienti treated with Diflucan rarely developed serious cutaneous reactions. AIDS patients should be aware that they have a greater tendency to react with severe cutaneous reactions to many lekarstva.Pri a number of people an allergic reaction to medication.
In the event that you have any of the following side effects, you should tell your doctor immediately:
• sudden wheezing, difficulty breathing and tightness in the chest, swelling of eyelids, face or lips;
• skin bumps or red itchy spots, urticaria;
Tell your doctor if you feel unwell or have any complaints otherwise, do not understand.
Take care of your medicine!
This medicine is for YOU. Do not give it to others. May not be suitable for them. Do not take this medicine after the date indicated on the packaging. Where to store your medicine
Keep at temperatures below 30 ° C.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children!
This leaflet does not contain complete information on this medicine. If you have any questions or are not sure about anything, ask your doctor or pharmacist.