DOPEGYT 250 mg. 50 tablets
DOPEGYT 250 mg. 50 tablets
- Each tablet contains 250 mg of drug substance methyldopa.
The excipients are: ethyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, corn starch, stearic acid, sodium starch glycolate, talc.
1 DOPEGYT WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR?
The active substance of Dopegyt is methyldopa, a centrally acting drug that lowers blood nalyagane.Dopegyt used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
2 BEFORE YOU TAKE DOPEGYT
You should not take the tablets if:
• you are allergic to the drug or excipients listed above
• you have active liver disease (acute hepatitis, active cirrhosis)
• You have a history of liver disease caused by the use of methyldopa
• taking medicines belonging to the so-called. monoaminooksidani MAO) inhibitors - eg. moclobemide, selegiline
• suffer from depression
• If diagnosed tumor of the adrenal gland called. pheochromocytoma
If you are unsure about your condition or medications you are taking, check with your doctor.
Particular attention should be paid to:
• Tell your doctor if you have previously had a liver disease or liver function tests were abnormal with; Tell him also if you have kidney disease - in such cases the dose should be reduced.
• Tell your doctor if you or a close relative suffering from metabolic disease porphyria, since in such cases the application of methyldopa should be used with caution.
Precautions during the pill:
• During the treatment, especially if the daily dose is higher than 1000 mg and after 6-12 months of treatment - can deviate in a laboratory parameter (namely the test is positive for Coombs), which takes place at 10-20 % of the patients. With less than 5% of these patients may develop a so-called. haemolytic anemia (anemia caused by premature disintegration of red blood cells). Zatovapredi initiation of therapy and every. 6-12 months thereafter must be done counting blood cells and direct test Coombs.
Signs of anemia may be pallor, weakness, jaundice, and if they occur, immediately stop taking these tablets and tell your doctor. If these signs are the result of taking methyldopa, you'll no longer need to use this product.
• As a result of a hypersensitivity reaction to methyldopa may occur liver cell damage, with potentially severe consequences. Therefore, in the first 6-12 weeks of treatment should be performed liver function tests, as prescribed by your doctor, and also by increasing the body temperature without a clear cause or appear jaundice. In case of fever, jaundice or deterioration in the results of liver function tests, treatment must be immediately stopped. If liver damage is due to methyldopa, you'll no longer need to use this product.
• Very rarely during treatment can be observed abnormalities in hematopoiesis (eg. Decreased number of white blood cells and platelets). If you notice ulceration of the mouth, redness and pain in the neck, small kravoizlivcheta skin, black stools, blood in the urine, unusual or uncontrolled bleeding - stop taking this medication and tell your doctor. The above changes usually recover after cessation of treatment.
• In some patients can be monitored and edema of weight gain during the treatment with Dopegyt. They usually disappear with the application of diuretics (water tablets). Tell your doctor if the above become. expressed regardless of lechenieto.s diuretic appeared breathlessness or fatigue because it may be necessary to stop treatment.
• Since methyldopa is eliminated from the body by hemodialysis may need an additional dose after the procedure.
• Tell your doctor that you are taking Dopegyt before any transfusion, general anesthesia, diagnostic studies in pheochromocytoma.
Adoption of Dopegyt with food and water
Do not use any alcoholic beverages while taking this medicine. Tablets can to be taken into, before or after a meal.
Pregnancy and lactation
Dopegyt can be taken during pregnancy if nessesary. However, tell your doctor if you are pregnant. The active substance of Dopegyt radiates through breast milk, so nursing mothers should not take the drug unless a careful assessment of the risk / benefit of treating lekar.Konsultirayte your doctor before taking any medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
At the start of treatment with this medicine is not recommended to drive or operate dangerous machinery, or perform activities with an increased risk of accidents, and your doctor will determine how long it will be. Later, the duration and extent of this prohibition is determined individually.
Taking other medicines during treatment with Dopegyt
Please tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, even those without retsepta.Doluizbroenoto can refer to drugs that you have taken some time ago or will take in badeshte.Tozi medicinal product must not be used in conjunction with MAO inhibitors (eg. with moclobemide for depression or given with selegiline in the treatment of Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's) .Some drugs can reduce the antihypertensive effect of Dopegyt, so their simultaneous application requires medical attention and control:
• medicines which have an effect on the autonomic nervous system, eg. adrenaline, ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and some medicines for cold, cough and asthma
• medicines used for depression, for example. imipramine, amitriptyline
• - medicines used for mental illness eg. chlorpromazine trifluoperazine
• medicines given orally iron, for example. ferrous gluconate, ferrous sulfate reduced the absorption of methyldopa.
• medicines given on motion sickness, fever and pain, for example. -piroksikam, diclofenac, naproxen
• estrogens (medications containing female hormones)
During concomitant administration of Dopegyt with certain medicines may increase its effect antihipertenzivnen:
• other antihypertensive drugs
• anesthetic (pain-relieving)
Methyldopa following drugs may mutually alter its healing effects, and side effects can be summed up, so combining them with particular caution is required:
• lithium (given for mental illness)
• levodopa (administered at Parkinson's disease)
• sedatives, hypnotics and some antiallergic drugs
• anticoagulants (drugs that inhibit blood clotting, eg. Acenocoumarol) due to the risk of bleeding
HOW TO TAKE DOPEGYT
Take the tablets as prescribed by your doctor. If you are unsure, consult nego.Tabletkite can be taken before or after meals. Your doctor may gradually (periods of not less than 2 days) increase the starting dose depending on the degree of blood pressure lowering. Recommended to be increased evening dose. The daily dose should be divided into 2-4. accepted. The starting dose is 250 mg 2-3 times daily for the first 2 days, and the usual maintenance dose is 500-2000 mg (2-8 tablets) per day, divided into 2-4 doses. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 3000 mg.'Pri elderly patients the initial daily dose is the lowest possible (2x1 tablet). The daily dose should not exceed 2000 mg.Pri children prescribed dose, depending on the child's body weight. The usual initial dose is 10 mg / kg body weight per day, divided into 2-4 doses. The maximum daily dose of 65 mg / kg body weight. The daily dose should not exceed 3000 mg.Pri patients with renal insufficiency prescribed dose treated by the degree of uvrezhdaneto.Ako gshate impression that the effect of the drug is too strong or too weak, tell your doctor.
If you take these tablets more than prescribed, or if someone else takes a chance on them, refer immediately to the nearest emergency unit. Take this leaflet and the rest of the tablets to show the doctor.
Signs of overdose: a sudden drop in blood pressure, drowsiness, weakness, decreased heart rate, dizziness, constipation, flatulence, feeling of stretch in the stomach, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.
Treatment: immediately after overdose - gastric lavage, induced emesis may reduce absorption of the drug. Then - fluids, in order to increase the radiation mu.Tryabva to monitor heart rate, blood volume, elektolitniyat balance, gastrointestinal, renal and brain functions. If necessary, can provide sympathomimetics (eg. Adrenalin) .If miss a dose
Do not take a double dose to make up propusnatata.Vashiyat doctor will determine how long to continue treatment with Dopegyt. Strictly follow his instructions.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
As with all medicines, treatment Dopegyt can have side reaktsii.Ako happen any of the following, stop taking the medicine and tell your doctor immediately or refer to the nearest emergency unit:
- Swelling of the lips or throat, and as a result - difficulty in swallowing or breathing
These side effects are very serious, but rarely occur. If you do occur it is a sign of a serious allergic reaction to Dopegyt, which may require medical attention or acceptance bolnitsa.Priznak allergic reaction may be the appearance of urticaria. Immediately stop taking the medicine, let your doctor and be aware of how to continue treatment. If the rash is extensive and the whole body, contact your doctor immediately so as not to lead to serious consequences.
Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any of these signs:
• pallor, weakness
• Signs as infections: fever, painful and sore throat, ulcerations of the mouth
• Small hemorrhages in the skin of the whole body, black stools or blood in urine
• Unusual or prolonged bleeding
• Yellowish color of the whites of the eyes and skin, dark urine
• Severe fatigue
• Chest pain (angina), more frequent and longer than usual
• Difficulty breathing, swelling of the legs of weight gain
• rash or peeling of the skin
These signs may dagovoryat for adverse drug reactions by forming organs, allergic reactions or heart failure. can have serious consequences. To avoid the latter must follow strictly prescribed by your doctor to perform regularly prescribed laboratory tests and to notify the physician immediately if you experience any of the above adverse drug reaktsii.Mnogo rarely harms the immune system (which is responsible for protecting the body from infectious agents) and then may cause myocarditis, pericarditis, or inflammation of blood sadove.V beginning of treatment or when increasing the dose may experience drowsiness, headache, and weakness that are transient.
Listed below side effects do not develop in all patients treated with Dopegyt.
Nervous System: prickling, zamayavost, tremor, abnormal gait, facial paralysis, involuntary movements, easy mood, anxiety, nightmares, decreased libido, impotence and signs of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
Cardiovascular: slow heartbeat, dizziness on izprayavyane.
Gastrointestinal: dry mouth, painful or dark colored tongue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, pain in the salivary glands, abdominal pain, pancreatitis, colitis.
Hormonal: breast swelling, appearance of milk, missed cycles in women.
Other signs: redness, pain and swelling of joints, muscle pain, nasal nosa.Ako experience any of the above side effects please consult your lekar.Vazmozhno is none of these side effects do not occur to you. If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell lekuvalshtiya doctor.
5 CONSERVATION OF TABLETS DOPEGYT
Keep tablets out of reach of children. Do not store above 25 ° S.Srokat date printed on the carton.
You should not use the tablets after this date.