Clindamycin 150 mg. 16 capsules
Clindamycin Actavis is a broad spectrum antibiotic which inhibits the growth of pathogenic microorganisms, and in high doses destroys them. Klindamntsin Actavis is used to treat infections caused by antibiotic-sensitive anaerobic bacteria and aerobic gram-positive bacteria such as streptococci, staphylococci and pneumococci, as well as sensitive strains of Chlamydia trachomatis by:
• "Infections of the upper respiratory tract and ear, nose and throat - tonsillitis, pharyngitis, 'sinusitis, otitis media and scarlet fever;
• Infections of the lower respiratory tract infections - bronchitis, pneumonia, abscess, empyema;
• Infections of the skin and soft tissues - acne, furunculosis, cellulitis, impetigo, abscesses, infected wounds; in specific infections such as erysipelas and panarinkum;
• Bone and joint infections - osteomyelitis and septic arthritis;
• - Gynecological infections - endometritis, colpitis, Tubo-ovarian abscess, salpingitis. and inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs in combination with appropriate antibiotic suitable for Gram-negative "aerobic; in cervicitis caused by Chlamydia trachomatis;
• Intra-abdominal infections - peritonitis and intraabdominal abscess (caused by anaerobic microorganisms that are normally found in the gastrointestinal tract) in combination with antibiotics that act on the Gram-negative aerobic microorganisms;
• Seltitsemiya.i endocarditis - where previously proven bactericidal effect in relation to the agents at a concentration of the product; which is achieved in the serum;
• odontogenic infections - periodoitalen abscess and periodontitis;
• toxoplasmosis encephalitis in patients with AIDS (in combination with pirimetin) ;.
• Pneumonia, drichinena of Pneumocystis carina in patients with AIDS - in 'patients who do not respond to conventional therapy in combination with primaquine. "
2. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE clindamycin treatment Actavis
Clindamycin Aktavis'ne apply to:
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to lincomycin some of the other veshestva,
In this medicinal product, please note the following:
Since treatment with Clindamycin Actavis is associated with the emergence of antibiotic should be used only in serious infections when the use of other antibacterial product is contraindicated. Actavis is clindamycin antibacterial agent second-line treatment of infections caused by susceptible strains of pneumococci. streptococci and staphylococci in patients allergic to penicillin. It must not be used for treatment of nonbacterial infections, for example, upper respiratory tract.
Clindamycin Actavis should be administered with caution to patients with gastrointestinal diseases, particularly colitis, as it can cause severe psevdomembranozsn colitis as a result of the development of Clostridium difficile. In rare cases, a few weeks after stopping treatment with Clindamycin Actavis is possible to: - appear diarrhea and colitis. Usually mild forms of pseudomembranous colitis resolve after cessation of treatment. In moderate and severe cases requiring treatment with vancomycin and metronidazole, corticoids / vodioelektrolitni solutions and proteins
It is possible allergies - skin rashes, urticaria, flushing. In such patients, treatment with Clindamycin Actavis should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted.
In case of hypersensitivity to Linkomktsin may have a cross allergy.
- In patients with allergic diathesis particular caution in the application of the antibiotic.
Prolonged treatment with Clindamycin Actavis can be observed overgrowth of non-susceptible organisms - for example yeast. In the event of superinfekpiya such microorganisms, the antibiotic should be discontinued and appropriate therapy according to the clinical picture. No change is needed in dosage in patients with renal disease. In patients with moderate to severe hepatic impairment was observed extending the half-life of Clindamycin Actavis. In patients with hepatic impairment is not usually necessary to reduce the dose, but appropriate extension of the dosing interval (8 or 12 hours) and periodic monitoring of liver enzymes. When prolonged course of treatment should be monitored renal, hepatic, and hematopoietic function. The product was not used for the treatment of meningitis due to the minimum concentrations that reached tserebrospiialnata liquid even in inflamed meninges.
Clindamycin Actavis is suitable for treatment in patients allergic to penicillin as an alternative.
Application of Clindamycin Actavis Mr. intake of foods and beverages
No evidence of the need for special diets or restrictions on certain types of foods and beverages during treatment with this product. -To Be avoid irritation of Clindamycin Actavis on gastric mucosa, the antibiotic should be taken with plenty of fluids.
Before intake of any medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist
Clindamycin Actavis be used during pregnancy only if strictly necessary, the benefit outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
Before taking any medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist
Klindamntsin Actavis is excreted in human milk and therefore not be used during breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
Clindamycin Actavis has no influence on the ability to drive and use machines
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines soon, even if they have not been prescribed by your doctor '
Concomitant administration of Clindamycin Actavis products that reduce normal bowel movement may enhance their effect and worsen • condition of the patient at onset of colitis.
Due to the opposite effect of Clindamycin and erythromycin Actavis is not recommended concomitant administration.
Clindamycin Actavis enhances the action of penicillin, gentamicin, ceftazidime, cefoxitin, cefotaxime, Mezlocillin, metronidazole, tsiprofloksatskn. Clindamycin Actavis inhibit neuromuscular transmission, and when co-administered with a neuro-muscular blocking agents, muscle relaxants, or general anesthetics may increase neuromuscular blockade, which may result in muscle weakness, and even apnea.
The product contains the coloring agent E122 which may cause allergic-type reactions including aetma. The risk of allergies is higher in patients allergic to aspirin.
This product contains wheat starch, which can be dangerous for people with celiac disease,
3. HOW TO USE clindamycin Actavis
Always, Clindamycin Actavis exactly as your doctor!
The dose and route of administration are determined by the severity of the disease state of the patient and the susceptibility of the causative agent.
The usual dose is 600-1800 mg per day, divided into 2, 3 or 4 intake. equal doses. "In order to avoid irritation of Clindamycin Actavis on the gastric mucosa, the medicinal product is taken with a full glass of water
Children over 30 kg
8-25 mg / kg for 24 h., Divided into 3-4 times; In severe infections, 6-20 mg / kg for 24 hours, divided into 3-4 doses.
The duration of treatment will vary widely depending on the severity of the disease. In infections caused by beta-haemolytic streptococci and for the prevention of rheumatic relapse duration of treatment is at least 10 days,
Adults - 10-20 mg / kg per day and children - 10 mg / kg per day divided in 2 every 12 hours for 7 days, alone or in combination with quinine (12 mg / kg) at 12 hours or chloroquine (15 to 25 mg per 24 hours) for 3-5 days.
Prevention of infectious endocarditis
Adults - single 600 mg 1 hour before procedure;
Children - single dose of 20 mg / kg 1 hour before the procedure.
If you take a large amount of drug
When taking a higher dose than prescribed immediately consult a doctor!
Overdose usually occurs nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain. Apply the usual measures - gastric lavage, administration of activated charcoal, symptomatic and supportive treatment.
Clindamycin 'Actavis can be derived efficiently from the body by hemo-dialysis or perktonealna.
If you forget to use Clindamycin Actavis
If you forget to take another dose, take it missed as soon as possible, but not in January double the next one.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like any other medicine Clindamycin Actavis can cause side effects
May experience the following side effects:
• the part of the gastrointestinal tract - nausea, vomiting, inflammation of the lining of the esophagus, abdominal pain, diarrhea; rarely pseudomembranous colitis characterized by prolonged or persistent diarrhea and stool blood-slimy mass; prolonged treatment -narushenie liver function or jaundice;
• -Alergichni effects - skin rashes, urticaria, morbilliform rash,
erythema multiforme, sometimes resembling Stevens-Johnson; rarely - anaphylactic shock;
• On the side 'of the skin and mucous membranes - itching genitals, inflammation of the lining of the vagina, in rare cases, dermatitis;
• On the part of the urinary system - in rare cases increased urea. and creatinine, decreased urine output, protein in the urine.
• .On the side of blood - decrease in white blood cells and platelets, which is usually transient;
• Other joint inflammation very rare.
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
At temperatures below 25 ° C! Shelf life: 3 (three) years