CORPRIL 10 mg. 30 tablets
Your medicine is called Corpril (Ramipril). The active substance of tablets Ramipril. Each tablet contains 10 mg CORPRIL ramipril.
Tablets also have following inactive ingredients: mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized corn starch, sodium stearyl fumarate, hypromellose, and hydroxypropylcellulose-L.
CORPRIL is supplied in cartons of 30 tablets, packaged in blister strips of aluminum foil 10 tablets.
Marketing Authorisation Holder of CORPRIL are: Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited, Devika Towers, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 100 019, India.
CORPRIL tablets contain ramipril. Ramipril belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, which affect the heart and blood vessels.
CORPRIL serves for:
• blood pressure lowering, if it is high (hypertension)
• prevent the further weakening of the heart, if you had a heart attack
• reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke and the need for surgery to increase blood flow through the heart
• support the control of kidney problems, particularly those related to high blood pressure
2. Before you take CORPRIL
Make sure that is safe for you taking CORPRIL. Read carefully following questions:
• Have you previously had allergic reaction to ramipril or any of the excipients of tablets? (An allergic reaction may include rash, itching, swelling of face, lips or hands / feet, or breathing difficulties)
• Are you pregnant or do you intend to become pregnant? In currently breast-feeding Does?
• Have you received before angionevritochen edema / condition manifested by swelling of the face, lips, hands / feet or breathing difficulties?
• Diagnosis Are you ever a condition known as stenosis (narrowing) of the renal artery?
• Do you have low blood pressure (hypotension)?
• Do you have renal transplant (with grafted kidney Have you)?
• Do you have heart problems, kidneys and / or liver? Your doctor may reduce posology of the tablets.
• On dialysis you?
• diabetic Have you?
• Are you diagnose a condition known as lupus erythematosus or scleroderma?
• Are you taking any other medicines, especially diuretics and / or a diet with a limited amount of salt you? Have you had soon diarrhea and / or vomiting?
If you answer "YES" to any of the questions or if you are not aware of before you start taking CORPRIL, contact your doctor.
Before surgical manipulation or anesthesia, tell your doctor or dentist, that taking CORPRIL.
Please, consult with your doctor, even if you had any of the foregoing conditions in the past.
CORPRIL can be taken at any time of day without depending on time of meal.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicine.
Drive and work with machines
Tablets ramipril may affect on ability to drive and work with machines in some people. This can be done especially after the first dose, or after increasing dose, as well as of concurrent use with alcohol. Make sure that your is known, how your influenced CORPRIL before you drive, you handle with machines or be borrow with any and to is an activity that can is dangerous, if you are not vigilant.
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor, for which and to is a medicine that taking be it with or without a prescription.
Caution is required:
• If you take diuretics (medicines, stimulating urination), especially those of them; that prevent potassium loss with urine (example spironolactone, amiloride, triamterene)
• If you take other medicines for high blood
• If you are taking insulin or oral antidiabetic drugs (such as glibenclamide, metformin)
• If taking medicines to treat of pain, known as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory products (eg ibuprofen)
• If you are taking lithium (used to treat certain mental disorders).
• If you are taking allopurinol (used for gout) or corticosteroids or other drugs that suppress the immune system
3. How to take CORPRIL?
Take CORPRIL according recommendations of your doctor. Do not take more than you has prescribed the doctor. Carefully read the prescription on how many tablets and how often to take. Your doctor can help, if are not sure. It is vital to take CORPRIL as long as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more tablets than your prescribed dose.
The appropriate dosage is determined by your doctor depending on your condition and, depending on whether you are taking other medicines.
• When treating high blood pressure the usual starting recommended dose in most patients is 2.5 mg Korpril once daily. It is possible, depending on your response to treatment, your doctor may increase the dose. Most patients Respond of the daily dose from 2.5 to 5 mg. Maximum daily dose should not exceed 10 mg. If taking a diuretic, Your doctor will advise you to stop taking the tablets 2-3 days before the beginning of treatment with this medicine. Later, if is imperative, the doctor can resume treatment with diuretic. If you have heart failure associated with high blood pressure, initiation of treatment with Korpril Your doctor will conduct in hospital.
• If you had heart attack, treatment will be initiated in hospital. The usual initial dose is 2.5 mg twice a day. Your doctor will adjust later the dose depending on your response to treatment. '
• To reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke and the need for surgery to increase blood flow through the heart usual starting dose is 2.5 mg once a day. In case that tolerate your medicine well, the dose will be increased on 5 mg once daily after week, and then further 3 weeks.
• For support to control of renal problems,, especially in those, related with high blood pressure the usual starting dose is 1.25 mg once of day. In the event that tolerate the drug well, the dose will be increased gradually to 5 mg once daily.
If you are elderly and you are taking a diuretic or heart failure, or liver or kidney problems; Your doctor may start your treatment with lower dose and if necessary actually increase it.
Swallow the tablets whole with a glass of water. Tablets may be adopt before, during and after food.
For to remember to take your medicine, try to your create habit to take the tablets at the same time each day.
Must to take the medicine as much time as you have been told Your doctor. It is important not to stop taking it when you feel better, as symptoms in this case can be renewed.
If you feel that the effect of tablets Korpril is too strong or too weak, ask your doctor.
If forget to take Korpril in indicated time, take the tablets, as you remember. However if is already almost time for next dose, skip the missed dose and return to usual dosing regimen. Do not take a double dose to make up for forgotten individual dose.
If you take more tablets Korpril, than must, consult with your doctor or go in the nearest compartment for emergency aid. Bring with you this leaflet or tablets, so the doctor knows what you have taken.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, CORPRIL can give side effects.
• rash, urticaria (hives), itching, tightness in chest area, breathing difficulties, swelling of face, lips, hands / feet, fainting, high temperature
These are very serious adverse reactions. If you have them, is possible to you received allergic reaction or other type of reaction to ramipril. You may need immediate medical attention or hospitalization.
If you happen something of the following, contact your doctor immediately or go to the nearest emergency department. Dizziness or light dizziness, weakness, sweating, split vision or pripadak- (especially - after the first dose or after dose increase)
Chest pain, fast or irregular heartbeat Malaise, accompanied by fever, weight loss and diffuse pain (due to inflammation of blood vessels) Swelling of the face, ankles or other body parts, with a sudden increase or decrease the amount of urine unusual bleeding or increased bleeding, constant sore throat and frequent infections and / or anemia Sudden abdominal pain with vomiting
Yellowing of the skin and whites of eyes with decreased appetite, stomach pain
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
• Nausea or vomiting, indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhea or flabbiness, constipation, dry mouth, Sore mouth, loss of appetite, runny or stuffy nose
• Sensitivity of the skin to light-
• Temporary changes in skin color (pallor to bruising and redness) and in temperature (sensation for colder) of hands and / or legs (known as phenomenon Raynaud's)
• Impact on nails (loss)
• Hair Loss
• Dry cough
• Headache, dizziness, fatigue, interference in the balance sheet, restlessness, tremor (uncontrolled shaking), confusion, interference in sleep (difficult Sleep or back), nervousness, muscle cramps, restlessness
• Impotence in men, decreased sexual desire
• Pain in joints and muscles Impaired or reduced taste- perception
• Tingling or tingling
• Depressed mood
• Possible changes in the results of certain lab tests
• Abnormal results of liver function tests
• Increased blood urea nitrogen and serum creatinine
• Worsening proteinuria (increased protein in the urine)
• Undervoltage The content of sodium, increased content of potassium
• Increased number of type of blood cells called eosinophils
If get side medicinal reactions, which are not indicated in this leaflet, consult with your doctor.
5. How to store CORPRIL?
Tablets be stored in the original package, blister can be stored in the outer carton at temperature below 25 ° C, to keep from moisture.
KEEP YOUR MEDICINE OF PLACE, SIGHT FOR CHILDREN.
The medicinal product should not be used after the expiry of - date stated on the packaging.