CENTROKUIN 200 mg. 30 tablets
CENTROKUIN 200 mg. 30 tablets
CENTROKUIN WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
Your medicine said Centrokuin and a tablet containing 100 mg of quetiapine hemifumarate as active ingredient. Tsentokuin is indicated in the treatment of schizophrenia and the treatment of moderate to severe manic episodes. Centrokuin not prevent the recurrence of manic episodes in bipolar disorder. No data are available in bipolar disorder after 8 weeks.
BEFORE YOU TAKE CENTROKUIN
Do not take Centrokuin
- If you are allergic to quetiapine or any of the other ingredients of Centrokuin
- If you are taking medicines, such as HIV-protease inhibitors, azole antifungals, erythromycin, clarithromycin and nefazodone.
Take special care with Centrokuin
- When you have known cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular disease, or other conditions,, prerazpolagashti to hypotension. Quetiapine may induce orthostatic hypotension, especially during the initial period of dose escalation and therefore must assess the need for dose reduction or more gradual titration if this happens
- If you have liver disease
- The treatment of patients with a history of seizures
- If signs or symptoms of tardive dyskinesia. In this case you should consider dose reduction or discontinuation of Tsentokuin.
- The occurrence of nevrolieptichen malignant syndrome. Clinical manifestations include hyperthermia, altered mental status, muscle rigidity, autonomic instability, and increased creatine phosphokinase. In this case Centrokuin should be discontinued and appropriate therapy initiated.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine. During pregnancy Centrokuin should be used only if the benefit justifies the potential risk. Following pregnancies in which it is APPLIED Centrokuin observed neonatal withdrawal symptoms. Rate of excretion of quetiapine in breast milk is unknown. Therefore, women who are breastfeeding should be advised to avoid breast-feeding while taking Centrokuin.
Driving and using machines
Given the primary effects on the central nervous system, Centrokuin may interfere with activities REQUIRING mental alertness. Therefore, patients should be advised not to drive or operate machinery until individual susceptibility.
HOW TO TAKE CENTROKUIN
Always take Centrokuin exactly as you told your doctor. If you are not sure, ask your doctor
Schizophrenia Centrokuin should be taken twice daily. The total daily dose for the first four days of treatment was 50 mg / 1 day / 100 mg / day 2/200 mg / 3 days / 300 mg / 4 days /. After the fourth day onwards, the recommended daily dose is from 300 to 450 mg. It can be adjusted according to clinical response and tolerability of the individual patient in the range of 150 to 750 mg daily.
For therapy naniyni episodes ASSOCIATED with bipolyano Disorder Centrokuin should be taken twice daily. The total daily dose for the first four days of treatment is 100 mg / 1 day / 200 mg / day 2/300 mg / 3 days / 400 mg / 4 days /. Further dosage adjustments up to 800 mg per day by Day 6 should be in by increments of no more than 200 mg per day. The dose may be adjusted according to clinical response and tolerability of the individual patient in the range of 200 to 800 mg per day. The usual effective dose will be in the range of from 400 to 800 mg per day.
As with other antipsychotics, Centrokuin should be used with caution in elderly patients especially during the initial dosing period. The frequency of dose titration Centrokuin may need to be slower, and the daily dose can teratevtichna is lower than in younger patients. The mean plasma clearance of quetiapine was reduced by 30% -50% in the elderly compared with younger patients.
Children and adolescents:
The safety and effectiveness of Centrokuin in children and adolescents has not been evaluated.
Not necessary dose adjustments in patients with renal impairment
Quetiapine is extensively metabolized by the liver. Therefore Centrokuin should be used with caution in patients with known hepatic impairment should start with 25 mg daily. The dose should be increased by 25 to 50 mg per day until an effective dose, depending on clinical response and tolerability of the individual patient.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
The most common side effects with Centrokuin were somnolence, dizziness, dry mouth, mild asthenia, constipation, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension and dyspepsia.
Very common - dizziness, somnolence, headache
Common - shortness of breath, dry mouth, constipation, dyspepsia, weight gain, mild asthenia, peripheral edema, nasal congestion, malaise
Uncommon - hypersensitivity, convulsions, increased total cholesterol
Rare - fever, lethargy, a marked increase in blood pressure and heart rate, jaundice, priapism, neuroleptic malignant syndrome
Very rare - high blood sugar level, hepatitis, angioedema syndrome, Stevens-Johnson
The active ingredient is quetiapine hemifumarate
The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate.