CEFTAZIM 1 g. 5 vials
CEFTAZIM 1 g. 5 vials
CEFTAZIM WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
Ceftazidime is an antibiotic that kills the bacteria. It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of their cell wall. Ceftazim be used for the treatment of single or multiple infections caused by susceptible micro-organism as a product of:
- Sepsis, bacteraemia / bloodstream infections /;
- Peritonitis / infection of the abdominal shell /;
- Bacterial meningitis / infection of the meninges /;
infections in immunocompromised patients and infections in intensive care units;
- Respiratory infections, incl. pulmonary infections in cystic fibrosis;
- Urinary tract infections;
- Infections of skin and soft tissue;
- Bones and joints, biliary and abdominal infections;
- Infections associated with hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis;
- Maintenance operations of the prostate.
The product can be used alone as first choice until the results of microbiological testing.
If necessary Ceftazim may be used in combination with an aminoglycoside other ?-lactam antibiotic or an antibiotic active against anaerobes as suspected presence of B.fragilis.
BEFORE YOU TAKE CEFTAZIM
Do not take Ceftazim:
- Known hypersensitivity to cephalosporins;
- Hypersensitivity to the active or excipient.
Take special care with Ceftazim:
Before beginning treatment with Ceftazim must determine whether the patient has hypersensitivity to the product, cephalosporins, penicillins, or other products. In patients allergic to penicillin or other ?-lactam antibiotics product is used with caution in demonstrated hypersensitivity does not apply. In severe hypersensitivity reactions should be applied adrenaline, hydrocortisone and antihistamines, and if necessary - and other emergency measures.
In renal impairment should be administered at lower doses.
As with other broad spectrum antibiotics, prolonged use of the product may lead to the development of resistant microorganisms and fungi. This may require interruption of treatment and application of additional measures.
During treatment, some of the strains Enterobacter and Serratia can develop resistance. It is therefore necessary to periodically examine the sensitivity.
The sodium content of the product is about 50 mg / g dry matter, therefore administration of high doses can be dangerous for patients hyponatraemic diet.
In all broad-spectrum antibiotics are reported cases of pseudomembranous colitis, incl. in cephalosporins. This must be considered in patients who develop diarrhea during therapy. In confirming the diagnosis of pseudomembranous colitis treatment product should be discontinued and appropriate treatment administered another.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ceftazim should be administered with caution in the first three months of pregnancy, although no evidence of teratogenic and embryopathic.
The product is excreted in human milk, which requires its application karmechki be done with caution.
Driving and using machines
Ceftazim no effect on driving and operating machinery.
Taking other medicines
The product is used with caution in patients receiving nephrotoxic drugs such as aminoglycosides or diuretics, as the combination may adversely affect renal function.
Concomitant use of tseftazim with chloramphenicol should be given the possibility of acts of antagonism.
HOW TO USE CEFTAZIM
Dosage depends on the sensitivity, type, location and severity of the infection and the age and renal function of the patient.
- Usual dose - 1 to 6 g per day for 8 or 12 hours intravenously or intramuscularly; in the majority of infections were administered 1 g every 8 hours, or 2 g per 12 hours;
- In urinary tract infections and uncomplicated infections - 500 mg to 1 g per 12 hours;
- In very severe infections in immunocompromised patients, including. neutropenia - 2 g, 8 or 12 hours, or 3 g of 8 hours.
- For the prevention of prostate surgery - 1 d during the induction of anesthesia, removing the catheter can apply a second dose.
- In elderly patients due to reduced clearance of ceftazidime in severely ill patients, the daily dose should not exceed 3 years especially in patients over 80 years
- Cystic Fibrosis - in such patients with normal renal function with Pseudomonas lung infections should be administered as a high dose of 100 to 150 mg / kg / day in three divided doses. In adults with normal renal function should be administered 9 g per day, but no more than 6 g / 24 hours.
Infants and children
The usual dose of - 30 to 100 mg / kg / 24 hours in three divided doses, but not more than 6 g / 24 hours
Infants under the age of 2 months
Usual dose - 25 to 60 mg / kg / 24 hours in two divided doses; neonates product may reach three to four times longer half-life than in adult
Patients with renal impairment
Apply an initial loading dose of 1 g Ceftazim applied several times. The maintenance dose should be determined after an assessment of glomerular filtration rate.
Serum life Ceftazim mreme in hemodialysis is from 3 to 5 hours. Maintenance dose above should be applied after each hemodialysis.
Ceftazim be used in peritoneal dialysis and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. The product is for parenteral administration. Furthermore, it may be introduced into the dialysis fluid.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Infections and infestations
Uncommon - candidiasis
Blood and lymphatic system
Often - eosinophilia and thrombocytosis
Uncommon - leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia
Very rare - lymphocytosis, anemia, agranulocytosis
Very rare - anaphylaxis
Nervous System Disorders
Uncommon - headaches and dizziness
Very rare - paresthesia
Common - phlebitis or thrombophlebitis with intravenous
Common - diarrhea
Very rare. bad taste in mouth
Often - increasing the values of one or more liver enzymes
Very rare - jaundice
Common - hives
Uncommon - persistent itching