Betadine vaginal globules 200 mg
Betadine vaginal globules 200 mg
Active substance: Each pessary contains 200 mg povidone iodine (corresponds to 20 mg of free active iodine)
Excipients: macrogol 1000
Type and pessaries: Pessaries characteristic shape, smooth, brown otsveteni.Vid and composition of packaging: 14 pessaries white PVC foil placed in a cardboard box with leaflet.
1 WHAT ARE BETADINE pessary her WHAT IT IS USED
Elemental iodine is highly antimicrobial. He quickly kills all bacteria, viruses, fungi and some protozoa (a type of micro-organisms).
Used in acute or chronic vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina); mixed infektsiii; nonspecific infections (inflammation caused by Gardnerella vaginalis); fungal infections; Trichomonas infections; Vaginal infections due to antibiotic treatment or carried administration of steroid drugs. Prophylaxis before surgery or diagnostic procedures.
2 BEFORE YOU USE BETADINE pessary
Do not use Betadine pessaries:
• If you are allergic or think you are allergic to iodine;
• Repeated use is contraindicated in patients with impaired thyroid function (including the so-called. Nodular colloid goiter endemic (characteristic of certain geographic areas) goitre and Hashimoto's thyroiditis, adenoma of the thyroid gland);
• If skin irritation with blisters like herpes (ie. Dermatitis herpetiformis Duhring of);
• Before radioiodine therapy or scintigraphy.
• Betadine pessaries are contraindicated in children before puberty.
Special protovopokazaniya and special precautions for use:
• In case of repeated use of Betadine pessaries from patients with chronic renal failure;
- Patients treated with lithium is not recommended repeated administration of Betadine pessaries;
• After prolonged use of Betadine pessaries need to conduct a survey of thyroid function;
• Do not take by mouth;
• Contact with povidone iodine can lead to false-positive results of some tests, such as blood in the stool or urine, or sugar in the urine;
• Iodine is absorbed through undamaged skin and in wounds that can affect test results of thyroid function;
• pessary kill sperm, so use them if you want to get pregnant is not recommended.
Pregnancy and lactation
Should avoid frequent use of povidone iodine (povidone-iodine) in pregnant and lactating women as absorbed iodine can cross the placenta and is excreted in breast milk. No adverse effects on the fetus or neonate with short-term use of the drug. However, its use in pregnant and breastfeeding women is only possible if the value of it is greater than any possible risk to thyroid function and development of ploda.Konsultirayte your doctor or pharmacist before using any medicine while pregnant or breast-feeding .
Driving and using machines
Its use does not imply impaired ability to drive or perform activities at increased risk.
Taking other medicines during the use of Betadine
• Co-administration of iodine with povidone zhivak-, srebro- and taurolidine-containing disinfectants, and with hydrogen peroxide and a tincture of benzoic acid can reduce the efficacy of the two products;
3 METHOD OF BETADINE pessary
Vaginal (vaginal) administration.
Adults: For the treatment of mild infections is recommended that a 1 pessaries once daily for seven days in cases of more severe infections or unsatisfactory result - another seven days. In persistent (frequent) infections allow the twice a day (2 x 1), and longer-lechenie.Pesariyat is wetted before use. Placed into the vagina using the applicator at night before lyagane.Po during treatment is recommended to wear sanitary napkins. To ensure maximum dissolution of the active substance and to avoid irritation at the application site is important before immediate use pessaries to get wet with water. It is not necessary interruption of drug administration in the occurrence of menstrual bleeding (menstruation); treatment may continue as neobhodimo.Detsa: Betadine pessaries are contraindicated in children before puberty.
4 POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines and Betadine can cause adverse reaktsii.Prekasnete treatment if a irritation at the injection site, redness or swelling. Iodine is absorbed from the vagina after prolonged use can have an adverse effect on thyroid function.
If you use more than the prescribed Betadine pessaries
Excessive ingestion of iodine can cause goiter and hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism (underactive or overactive thyroid gland). Ingestion of high doses of povidone-iodine may cause the following side effects: metallic taste in mouth, increased salivation, burning or pain in the throat and usata, inflammation or swelling of the eyelids, skin reactions, gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, swelling lung disorders in the metabolism (metabolism, increased acidity of body fluids, excessive sodium in them), kidney damage. Get medical attention immediately if you overdosed pessaries.
5 STORAGE BETADINE pessary
Keep in cold.Da Keep out of reach of detsa.Ne use Betadine pessaries after the expiry date printed on the package.