BIODROXIL 1000 mg. 12 tablets
BIODROXIL 1000 mg. 12 tablets
BIODROXIL WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
Biodroxil contains cefadroxil, an antibiotic from the group of tsefaposporinite with bactericidal activity. Cephalosporins are similar to penicillins chemically and in respect of the effect.
What is it used Biodroxil
Treatment of infections caused by cefadroxil - fastidious bacteria such as
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract (pharyngitis, tonsillitis).
- Infections of the lower respiratory tract (lung and bronchus).
- Urinary tract infections (pelvic inflammation, cystitis).
- Infections of skin and soft tissue (abscess, furuncles, erysipelas, purulent rashes, inflammation of the lymph nodes).
2 BEFORE YOU TAKE BIODROXIL
Do not take Biodroxil
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cefadroxil, other cephalosporins or any of the excipients;
- If you have severe reactions to penicillins or other beta-lactams in the past.
Take special care with Biodroxil
Tell your doctor if you suffer from other diseases or allergies you are taking any other medications (including over-the counter)
- Caution should be exercised in patients with severe allergies or asthma in the past.
- In patients with mild to moderate hypersensitivity to penicillins Biodroxil should be used with caution because it may cause cross-hypersensitivity (5-10% frequency).
- Renal failure. Caution should be exercised in patients with renal insufficiency; Dosage should be adjusted according to the degree of renal impairment.
- Infants. Biodroxil should be used with caution in neonates (incl. Premature).
- History of gastrointestinal disorders. Biodroxil should be used with caution in patients with gastrointestinal diseases (in case of diarrhea or frequent vomiting, cefadroxil can not be completely absorbed by the intestine and loses its optimal effect).
- Allergic reactions. Treatment should be discontinued immediately if an allergic reaction (hives, skin rashes, itching, low blood pressure, rapid pulse, difficulty breathing, collapse, etc.) and to inform the doctor who will take appropriate measures.
- Prolonged use. It is recommended that regular
therapy. Possible development of secondary infections with fungi and others. after prolonged use.
- The occurrence of severe and persistent diarrhea may be associated with pseudomembranous colitis. In this case, treatment should be discontinued immediately and consult a physician.
- During or after treatment with Biodroxil results of Coombs test may be temporarily false positive.
At the first signs of side effects such as rashes, itching, swelling, circulatory disorders or diarrhea, or if you become pregnant, ask your doctor for further treatment.
Even if there was an improvement in symptoms or they disappear in any case should not stop treatment without consulting a doctor to avoid further deterioration or recurrence of infection.
Do not save other quantities of the drug for later use.
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking (including over-the counter), as some drugs may affect the effect of Biodroxil and vice versa.
Co-administration of cefadroxil with other drugs may increase the occurrence of side effects or affect their effects. This applies mainly to other antibiotics, diuretics (water tablets), or drugs that affect coagulation. Like other antibiotics, cefadroxil may reduce the reliability of the contraceptive pill.
Diarrhea can affect the absorption of cefadroxil and thereby reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. During or shortly after treatment with cefadroxil, some laboratory tests such as Coombs and older tests for sugar in the urine may give false positive results. You should inform your doctor that you are taking or have recently taken cephalosporin antibiotic.
Pregnancy and lactation
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant. Biodroxil small amounts in breast milk, leading to sensitization, diarrhea or growth of fungi in the intestinal mucosa of the infant. Therefore Biodroxil should be taken only after consulting a doctor.
Driving and using machines
Biodroxil not affect your ability to drive or operate machinery.
3 HOW TO TAKE BIODROXIL
The effect of Biodroxil not affected by food; cefadroxil may be taken with food or on an empty stomach. In case of gastrointestinal upset can be taken during meals. All formulations should be taken with plenty of fluid. The film-coated tablets of 1 g should be swallowed whole without dividing and not chewed.
Dosage depends on the sensitivity of the microorganism, the severity and type of infection and the age, weight, the renal and hepatic function of the patient.
The doctor will determine the dose and if appointed other than the recommended dose. You must follow his instructions strictly.
Adults and adolescents weighing more than 40 kg with normal renal function Children under 40 kg with normal renal function
Infections of the lower respiratory tract 1 g twice daily (every 12 hours)
30-50 mg / kg / day in two divided doses (every 12 hours)
UTI 1 g twice daily (every 12 hours)
30-50 mg / kg / day in two divided doses (every 12 hours)
Infections of skin and soft tissue 1 g twice daily (every 12 hours) 30-50 mg / kg / day in two divided doses (every 12 hours)
Streptococcal pharyngitis / tonsillitis
1 g once daily for 10 days, at least 30 mg / kg once daily for at least 10 days
In adults, depending on the severity of the infection, it may be necessary to increase the dose. Chronic urinary tract infections may require prolonged active treatment with the regular monitoring of the sensitivity of the agent and the condition of the patient.
Dosage should be adjusted if there is impaired renal function, as cefadroxil eliminated by the kidneys.
Dosage in renal insufficiency
If you have impaired kidney function, your doctor will prescribe you a different dose.
Dosage in hepatic insufficiency
Not require dose adjustment.
Dosage in patients on hemodialysis
In hemodialysis, your doctor will adjust the dosage. Patients undergoing hemodialysis receive a further dose of 500-1000 mg at the end of dialysis.
Do not change the prescribed dose or stop taking the drug earlier than appointed. If in the first 20 minutes after Biodroxil feel sick or vomit after 1-2 hours should take another dose with some food and a cold drink. Treatment should continue for 2-3 days after the acute symptoms subside. In certain infections (caused by Str. Pyogenes) treatment lasts up to 10 days.
If you take more than you should Biodroxil
In case of overdose you may occur after transient symptoms: nausea, hallucinations, blurred consciousness or even coma, impaired renal function. In case of overdose contact your doctor immediately.
If you forget to take Biodroxil
For example, if you forget your morning dose cefadroxil, you can take it in the next 12 hours. Take the next dose at the scheduled time.
4 POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Biodroxil generally well tolerated.
Common: pruritus, rash (allergic), urticaria.
Rare: swelling of the skin and mucosa (angioedema), drug fever, serum sickness-like reactions, joint pain, inflammation of the kidneys.
Very rare: sudden allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock), cases of allergic skin reactions (Stevens - Johnson syndrome and erythema multiforme).
Blood and lymphatic system
Rare: changes in blood counts after prolonged use, which resolved upon discontinuation of therapy.
Very rare: Isolated cases of hemolytic anemia from immunological, and positive direct and indirect test of Coombs.
Common: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, inflammation of the tongue.
Very rare: Isolated cases of pseudomembranous colitis (inflammation of the bowel).
Rare: mild elevation of liver parameters. Cases of cholestasis and liver failure.
Nervous System Disorders
Very rare: headache, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, fatigue.
Other side effects
Uncommon: Clinical manifestations due to the growth of opportunistic microorganisms (fungi) as vaginal mycosis, thrush.
Please ask your doctor if you notice any side effects, even those not mentioned in this leaflet.
If you suspect that your condition worsens, discontinue treatment and contact your doctor.
5 HOW TO STORE BIODROXIL
Store in the original package. Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use the medicine after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
6 FURTHER INFORMATION
• The active substance is cefadroxil. Each tablet contains 1049 mg of cefadroxil monohydrate, equivalent to 1000 mg of cefadroxil.
• The other ingredients are colloidal silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, magnesium stearate, macrogol 6000, crospovidone, povidone, talc, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide (E171), hypromellose.