BI ROVAMET 250 mg. 10 tablets
BI-ROVAMET 250 mg. 10 tablets
WHAT WOULD-ROVAMET AND WHAT IT IS USED?
Bi-Rovamet combined product that combines the antibacterial properties of macrolides and imidazoles.
Indications are determined by the spectrum of antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic properties of the product.
Treatment of acute, chronic or recurrent stomatological diseases such as:
• Dental abscesses phlegmons, perimaksilaren sinusitis, pericoronitis;
• gingivitis, stomatitis;
• Parotiditi, submaksiliti.
Prevention of local infections such as postoperative complications in dental surgery.
2 WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE TREATMENT WITH BI-ROVAMET?
Bi-Rovamet not apply to:
• hypersensitivity to imidazoles, spiramycin and / or any of the excipients; • Children under 15 years.
In the application of this product please note the following:
In case of generalized erythema (redness of the skin), combined with pustular rash (pustules) at the beginning of therapy is a symptom of acute generalized pustular exanthema and treatment should be discontinued immediately.
Application of Bi-Rovamet in patients with diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system can aggravate their condition due to the metronidazole. If an uncertain gait and dizziness intake of the product should be discontinued. There have been reports of seizures and neuropathy (numbness in the limbs, loss of sensation) after administration of Bi-Rovamet. When these symptoms occur, treatment should be discontinued.
In association Bi-Rovamet alcohol can develop antabuse reaction - abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, flushing, rapid heartbeat. During therapy should be monitored blood counts (especially WBC with development of leukopenia). It is possible that the development of changes in the blood with continuous treatment or treatment with high doses. In patients with known deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate - dehydrogenase may develop hemolytic anemia and the product is not used in these patients.
Application of Bi-Rovamet and intake of food and drink
No need for a special diet during treatment with this product.
Before intake of any medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist for Bi-Rovamet not apply during the first three months of pregnancy. During the remainder of the pregnancy product application can be discussed.
Before intake of any medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist
The product is excreted into breast milk in amounts similar to that in the blood. If treatment is necessary during lactation is recommended to stop breastfeeding during the reception of the product.
Driving and using machines
Product does not affect the ability to drive and use machines, but in some cases may be observed dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, convulsions and patients should be warned about it.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines soon, even if they have not been prescribed by your doctor
• With respect to metronidazole
Observed and psychotic reactions in alcoholics taking disulfiram for the treatment of alcoholism. Thus Bi-Rovamet should be administered in patients taking disulfiram two weeks before treatment. Bi-Rovamet enhances anticoagulation effect of warfarin and other coumarin oral anticoagulants, prothrombin time prolonged. Co-administration with drugs that enhance the activity of some liver enzymes phenytoin or phenobarbital, may enhance the release of Bi-Rovamet, resulting in blood levels decrease.
Co-administration with drugs that reduce the activity of these enzymes, such as cimetidine, may prolong the half-life and reduce the release of metronidazole, resulting in effects on the central nervous sistema.Doksitsiklin interact with metronidazole in some cases reinforce its anaerobi.Ednovremennoto against applying the product with fluorouracil can lead to increased toxicity of the latter due to a reduction of its otdelyane.Metrinidazol may immobilize treponemes and lead to false positive test Nelson.
• With respect to spiramycin
The product inhibits the absorption of levodopa and carbidopa and reduces plasma levels of levodopa. In such cases, a dose escalation of the latter.
3 HOW TO USE BI-ROVAMET?
Always take Bi-Rovamet as instructed by your doctor!
Adults and children over 15 years
The daily dose is 2-3 tablets Bi-Rovamet taken 2-3 times daily with meals (3 000 000 4 500 to 000IU spiramycin and 500 to 750 mg metronidazole). In severe infections, the dose may be increased to 4 tablets daily.
Prevention of local infections such as postoperative complications in dental surgery
Adults and children over 15 years
Usual dose 2 to 3 tablets daily in 2 or 3 doses at mealtimes.
If you have the impression that the effect of the application of Bi-Rovamet is strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist!
If you take a large amount of the drug:
When taking a higher dose than prescribed immediately consult a doctor! There is no specific antidote for spiramycin and metronidazole.
Violations by metronidazole
Cases of a single dose of 12g. Symptoms are vomiting, uncertainty gait and slight disorientation.
Symptoms are from the gastrointestinal tract - as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. In some cases, there was a prolongation of the QT-interval, which requires the ECG monitoring of the patient.
If you forget to use Bi-Rovamet
If you forget to take the next dose, take the missed it as soon as possible, but do not double the next one.
4 POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like any other medicine, Bi-Rovamet can cause side effects due to metronidazole:
- Effects on the digestive system - nausea, metallic taste in mouth, anorexia, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, rarely - reversible pancreatitis;
- Effects on the skin and mucous membranes - flushing, urticaria, vasomotor disturbances, persistent itching, glossitis with feeling of dry mouth; rarely Quincke's edema and anaphylactic shock;
- Neuropsychiatric effects - headache, dizziness, disorientation, changes in gait, convulsions, hallucinations;
- The part of blood - very rarely neutropenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia (low white blood cells and platelets);
- Liver effects - reversible liver dysfunction and cholestatic jaundice;
- Others - red-brown coloration of the urine as a result of the metabolism of the product.
Due to spiramycin:
- Effects on the digestive system - stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and in very rare cases of pseudomembranous colitis;
- Skin and appendages - rashes, urticaria, persistent itching, rarely Quincke's edema and anaphylaxis, rarely generalized pustular rash (pustular exanthema);
- Effects on the CNS - rare and transient pins and needles;
- Liver effects - very rarely changes in liver values;
- By hemopoiesis - very rarely haemolytic anemia.
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
At temperatures below 250C.
Keep out of reach of children!
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the package!
Shelf life: 3 (three) years