BERLIPRIL 5 mg. 30 tablets
BERLIPRIL 5 mg. 30 tablets
What is Berlipril 5 and what it is used?
Berlipril 5 is an ACE inhibitor - a drug that lowers blood pressure and eases the work of the heart.
Berlipril 5 is used for:
- The treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension);
- Treatment of cardiac dysfunction (symptomatic heart failure);
- Prevention of heart failure (symptomatic heart failure) in patients with impaired left ventricular function, which has not yet resulted in signs of heart failure (asymptomatic dysfunction of the left ventricle with left ventricular ejection fraction <35%).
2 Before you take Berlipril 5
Do not take Berlipril 5:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active ingredient enalapril maleate enalaprilov, another ACE inhibitor or any other ingredients of Berlipril 5
- If there has been tissue swelling (angioedema) to previous treatment with an ACE inhibitor;
- If you have a hereditary tendency to tissue edema or tissue swelling of unknown cause (hereditary or idiopathic angioedema);
- During the last six months of pregnancy.
Take special care with Berlipril 5
If you suffer from any of these diseases or any of these conditions apply to you, please tell your doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor will take appropriate measures.
- If there is a risk for large decreases in blood pressure due to impaired water-salt balance, e. when taking medications that increase urine output in low-salt diet or due to vomiting or diarrhea;
- If the heart valve into the left ventricle are narrowed or if there is a narrowing of the outlet of the left ventricle;
- If you suffer from heart disease by impaired blood flow (ischemia);
- If you suffer from poor circulation in the brain (cerebrovascular disease);
- If you have impaired kidney function (creatinine clearance <80 ml / min);
- If the renal arteries are narrowed (both sides or one side of a solitary kidney);
- If you have recently had a kidney transplant;
- If the increase in liver enzymes or jaundice;
- If the decreased number of white blood cells (leucopenia) and / or a strong reduction of certain white blood cells have a tendency to infections and severe generalized symptoms (agranulocytosis);
- If you suffer from certain diseases of connective tissue (collagen) affecting the blood vessels;
- If you are taking drugs that suppress the immune system;
- At the same time taking allopurinol (a drug for gout), procainamide (a medicine for irregular heartbeat) or lithium (a medicine for some forms of depression);
- If during treatment with 5 Berlipril hypersensitivity reaction occurs or tissue swelling (angioedema);
- If you have diabetes;
- In the manifestation of persistent, dry cough;
- At risk to increase potassium levels in the blood;
- An unsatisfactory control of blood pressure due to racial reasons (especially in black patients).
If you need desensitization treatment against insect poisons (eg. Bee or wasp) Berlipril 5 should be temporarily replaced by a suitable medicine containing the active substance from another class. Otherwise may occur life-threatening hypersensitivity reactions (eg. Drop in blood pressure, shortness of breath, vomiting, allergic skin reactions). These reactions may occur after an insect sting (eg. Bee or wasp).
Coadministration of 5 Berlipril during dialysis with certain dialysis membrane or during the treatment of high levels of lipids in the blood can lead to severe hypersensitivity reactions and life-threatening shock.
In case of emergency dialysis, or hemofiltration, or in need of LDL apheresis prior to treatment should be replaced with another drug suitable for this purpose (not ACE inhibitor) or to use other dialysis membrane.
Tell your doctor that you are taking Berlipril 5 or need dialysis to mind when treating.
If elective surgery or anesthesia (including a dentist), tell your doctor that you are taking Berlipril 5 as anesthesia may experience a sharp drop in blood pressure.
Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Swelling of the face, extremities, lips, mucous membranes, tongue and / or larynx, shortness of breath;
- Yellowing of the skin and mucous membranes;
- Fever, swollen lymph nodes and / or sore throat.
In these cases, you should not continue to take Berlipril 5 and the doctor will take appropriate measures.
Use of this drug requires regular monitoring by your doctor. Therefore, you must follow the laboratory studies and surveys that your doctor has appointed.
Data Application enalaprilov maleate in children with high blood pressure are limited. No data for use in other indications. There are only data on the tolerability efficiency enalaprilov maleate for the treatment of high blood pressure in children over 6 years of age. Berlipril 5 is only recommended for the treatment of this disease in children.
Infants and children with kidney disease should not be treated with Berlipril 5.
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Berlipril 5 is effected in the following manner:
Amplification effect and a possible increase in adverse effects:
- Drugs that increase urine output (thiazides or loop diuretics)
Prior treatment with high dose diuretics may result in lack of fluids and the risk of a sharp drop in blood pressure at the beginning of treatment with 5 Berlipril blood pressure lowering effect can be reduced if you stop the diuretic if shortages liquids if used salts or the treatment enalaprilov maleate starting with low doses.
- Other drugs that lower blood pressure (antihypertensives)
Coadministration of 5 Berlipril with other medicines that lower blood pressure can increase the blood pressure lowering effect of Berlipril 5 Concomitant administration of nitroglycerin and other nitrates, or other drugs to dilate blood vessels (vasodilators) may further reduce blood pressure.
- Drugs for depression and other mental illnesses against, drugs, anesthetics (tricyclic antidepressants, neuroleptics, anesthetics, drugs)
Co-administration of ACE inhibitors may result in a greater reduction in blood pressure.
- Medicines for pain and inflammation (NSAIDs)
Chronic administration of drugs for pain and inflammation may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of ACE inhibitors. Co-administration may lead to increased levels of potassium in the blood and to the deterioration of renal function, which is usually reversible. Acute renal failure
is also rare, especially in patients with impaired renal function, e. in elderly patients and in patients with volume depletion.
- Sympathomimetics (drugs leading to effects similar to the mediators in the body noradrenaline and adrenaline, e. Hypertension)
Sympathomimetics may reduce the blood pressure lowering effect of ACE inhibitors.
Other possible interactions:
- Drugs that increase urine output at a reduced excretion of potassium (potassium-sparing diuretics) and potassium supplements
ACE inhibitors reduce excretion of potassium in the urine after administration of diuretics. Some diuretics (potassium-sparing diuretics, such as. Spironolactone, triamterene or amiloride), potassium supplements and potassium-containing salt substitutes or heparin (a drug that inhibits blood clotting) may lead to a strong increase of potassium in the blood. Co-administration should be approached with caution and frequent monitoring of levels of towers in the blood.
- Lithium (a drug for the treatment of depression)
Concomitant use of ACE inhibitor and lithium reported reversible increase in lithium levels in the blood and harmful (toxic) effects. Concomitant use with certain diuretics (thiazides) may increase the concentration of lithium in the blood and this increase the risk of adverse effects of lithium with ACE inhibitors. Therefore the application of Berlipril 5 with lithium is not recommended. However, if you need the application of this combination, potassium levels should be carefully monitored.
- Drugs that lower blood sugar and insulin (antidiabetics)
Concomitant administration of ACE inhibitors may enhance the lowering
blood glucose-lowering effect; there is a risk of decreased blood sugar levels below normal (hypoglycemia). These cases usually occur during the first weeks of combined treatment and in patients with impaired renal function.
- Acetylsalicylic acid (medicine used in low doses for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases), for the destruction of blood clots (thrombolytic), beta-blockers (medicines to treat high blood pressure)
Can be co-administered with Berlipril 5.
Taking Berlipril 5c food and drink
Food does not affect absorption of Berlipril 5 in the body.
Alcohol potentiates the blood pressure lowering effect of ACE inhibitors.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Berlipril 5 should not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy.
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or suspect that you are pregnant, please consult your doctor to change your treatment.
Berlipril 5 should not be used during the last six months of pregnancy because it may harm the child.
If you do Berlipril 5 is taken in the last six months of pregnancy is recommended ultrasound check of renal function and skull.
The active substance of Berlipril 5 passes into breast milk. Treatment is not recommended during lactation.
Driving and using machines
Use of this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Speed of reactions due to individual differences, can be changed to such an extent as to reduce the ability to drive, use machines or work without safe support. This applies more to the beginning of treatment, dose increase or change in planning as well as for combination with alcohol.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Berlipril 5
Berlipril 5 contains lactose. Therefore take 5 Berlipril only after consultation with your doctor if you know you have an intolerance to certain sugars.
3 How to take Berlipril 5?
Always take Berlipril 5 exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you are not sure, ask your doctor.
It is very important that you take Berlipril 5 as long as prescribed by your doctor.
Your doctor will select individually to search the starting dose, depending on the state and severity of the disease, and will adjust the dose gradually under the effect of the drug on the blood pressure.
Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the usual dose is:
High blood pressure
The starting dose is 1 tablet Berlirpil 5 (equivalent to 5 mg enalaprilov maleate) once daily to a maximum of 20 mg enalaprilov maleate depending on the severity of the disease and condition.
- Slightly increased blood pressure
The recommended starting dose is 1 tablet Berlipril 5 (equivalent to 5 mg enalaprilov maleate) once daily for up to 2 tablets Berlipril 5 (equivalent to 10 mg enalaprilov maleate) once daily.
- Patients with a strongly activated system regulating blood pressure.
The treatment starts with 1 tablet Berlipril 5 (equivalent to 5 mg enalaprilov maleate) once daily or at a lower dose, once daily. At the beginning of treatment may occur a decrease in blood pressure and need close medical supervision.
- Patients treated with high doses of diuretics
The treatment starts with 1 tablet Berlipril 5 (equivalent to 5 mg enalaprilov maleate) once daily or at a lower dose, once daily. Prior treatment with high dose diuretics may result in volume depletion and a risk of a fall in blood pressure at the beginning of treatment. Whenever possible these drugs should be discontinued for 2-3 days prior to initiation of treatment with 5 Berlipril should be investigated renal function and potassium levels in the blood.
The normal maintenance dose is 20 mg daily enalaprilov maleate. The maximum daily dose of 40 mg enalaprilov maleate should not be exceeded.
For higher doses, the tablets with a high content of active substance.
Heart failure (symptomatic heart failure), left ventricular dysfunction (asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction)
Enalaprilov maleate is used in the treatment of heart failure, usually in addition to diuretic, digitalis or beta-blockers.
The initial dose is 2,5 mg enalaprilov maleate (equivalent to 1/2 tablet Berlipril 5) once daily.
Treatment begins under direct medical supervision to determine the initial effect on the blood pressure.
At the beginning of the treatment with 5 Berlipril in patients with heart failure, the blood pressure can be lowered. When this persists, the dose should be increased gradually over 2-4 weeks to a maintenance dose of 20 mg daily enalaprilov maleate. This dose should be taken once daily or divided into two doses as tolerated.
The maximum dose of 40 mg enalaprilov maleate in two divided doses should not be exceeded.
For higher doses, the tablets with a high content of active substance.
Dosage in impaired renal function
Intervals between doses of 5 Berlipril should always be extended and / or the dose be reduced.
The doctor will appoint an individual treatment for you.
With moderate renal impairment, the recommended dose of 5-10 mg enalaprilov maleate once daily.
In severe renal impairment, the recommended dose 2,5 mg enalaprilov maleate once daily.
Dialysis patients in the days of dialysis dose of 2,5 mg enalaprilov maleate once daily. The dosage is determined by the reduction of blood pressure in the days free from dialysis.
Dosage in the elderly
The dosage is determined by the patient's renal function.
Dosage in children
If the child can take tablets, the dose should be adjusted by the physician according to the child's condition and lowering blood pressure.
The recommended starting dose for children with high blood pressure and body weight of 20 to 50 kg is enalaprilov maleate 2,5 mg once daily ^ ^ Children weighing more than 50 kg received 5 mg enalaprilov maleate once dnevnou then adjust your dosage according to physician needs of the child. But should not exceed the maximum daily dose of 20 mg enalaprilov maleate for children weighing 20 to 50 kg and 40 mg enalaprilov maleate for children weighing more than 50 kg.
Infants and children with renal disease should be treated with Berlipril 5.
Method of administration
The tablets should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of fluid (eg. With a glass of water). The tablets can be taken without regard to meals. Usually, the daily amount taken in the morning on a dose, but if necessary can be divided into two doses - morning and evening.
Please place the tablet on a flat, hard surface with the score on top. Then break the two tablet along the score line, making it press on the surface with both index fingers
Duration of administration
Your doctor will determine the duration of treatment. Treatment with 5 Berlipril usually lasts longer.
Please consult your doctor if you feel that the effect of Berlipril 5 is too strong or too weak.
If you take more than you should Berlipril 5
If you accidentally take too many tablets or if a child accidentally has taken several tablets, immediately contact a doctor or seek emergency medical attention. Depending on the degree of intoxication, the doctor will decide what measures are necessary.
Depending on the degree of overdose are possible following symptoms: sudden drop in blood pressure, circulatory shock, rapid or weak pulse and heartbeat, kidney failure, shortness of breath, dizziness, anxiety and cough. Of suspected overdose seek emergency doctor!
If you forget to take Berlipril 5
Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed tablet and continue to take Berlipril 5 as prescribed.
If you stop taking Berlipril 5
Do not interrupt or stop taking Berlipril 5 without consulting your doctor!
In patients with hypertension, it may again be increased, and in patients with heart failure - again symptoms appear.