Avaxim 160 mcg
This medicine is a vaccine in the form of injectable suspension / 0.5 mL pre-filled syringe or needle in the box 1 /
This vaccine has been shown to protect against infection caused by the hepatitis A virus in adolescents aged 16 and older.
This vaccine will not protect against infections caused by other types of hepatitis viruses or other known pathogens affecting the liver.
BEFORE USE OF Avaxim 160U
Do not use Avaxim 160U:
- In the event of fever, acute disease exacerbated chronic disease
- In case of allergy to any component of the vaccine
Take precautions when using Avaxim 160U:
- Do not inject intravascularly
- This vaccine should not be administered in the gluteal region or intradermally
- The immune response to the vaccine may be reduced in patients receiving immunosuppressive treatment or in a state of immune deficiency.
- Vaccine may have no effect on the development of hepatitis A if administered during the incubation period of the disease.
- In subjects with liver disease
- In people who are allergic to neomycin
Pregnancy and lactation
As a precautionary measure vaccine should preferably not be used during pregnancy except in cases with high risk of infection.
HOW TO USE Avaxim 160U?
The recommended dose for persons aged 16 and over is 0.5 ml.
Primary protection is obtained after a single injection.
To obtain a long-term protection second dose to be administered is preferably between 6 and 12 months after the first vaccination and up to 36 months after.
AND METHOD OF APPLICATION:
It is recommended that the vaccine be administered intramuscularly to minimize local reactions. The recommended injection site is the deltoid muscle.
Do not inject intravascularly: check that the needle does not penetrate a blood vessel.
The vaccine should not be administered in the gluteal region or intradermally.
Exceptionally, the vaccine may be administered subcutaneously in patients suffering from thrombocytopenia or in patients at risk of haemorrhage.
The vaccine should not be mixed with other vaccines in the same syringe.
Shake before injection until a homogeneous suspension.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
- Pain at the injection site, sometimes accompanied by redness. Very rarely appears seal the injection site.
- Mild fever, fatigue, headache, muscle and joint aches and pains from the camp of the gastrointestinal tract.
- In rare cases have been identified mild reversible elevations in liver enzymes.
- Exceptionally observed skin reactions such as itching, rash, urticaria.