Aspendos. 100 mg. 30 tablets
Aspendos. 100 mg. 30 tablets
Aspendos WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
The active substance in Aspendos is modafinil.
Modafinil may be taken by adults who suffer from narcolepsy, to help them stay awake . Narcolepsy is a condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness and wherein there is a risk of suddenly falling asleep in inappropriate situations ( sleep attacks ) . Modafinil can improve your condition and reduce the ability to get sleep attacks , but there may be other ways to improve your condition, you will discuss with your doctor .
Aspendos Do not take if:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to modafinil or any of the other ingredients of Aspendos
- Suffer from heart rhythm disorders
- Suffering from moderate to severe uncontrolled high blood pressure ( hypertension)
Take special care with Aspendos if:
- Suffer from heart problems or high blood pressure. You'll have your doctor regularly to monitor your condition while taking Aspendos .
- You have ever suffered from depression , bad mood , anxiety, psychosis (loss of contact with reality ) or mania ( agitation or feeling too happy ) , or bipolar disorder, because Aspendos may aggravate these symptoms.
- Have kidney or liver disease ( you will need to take a lower dose).
- You have had problems with alcohol or drug addiction in the past.
This medicine should not be taken by children under the age of 18 years .
Consult your doctor or pharmacist :
- There have been reports of the use of modafinil in which there was suicidal and aggressive thoughts and behavior. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice that you are depressed , aggressive or hostile to others or have suicidal thoughts or behavior changes . You can ask a family member or friend to check whether you have signs of depression or changes in behavior . This drug has the potential for addiction ( dependence) in the long run . If you need to take this medicine longer , your doctor will regularly monitor whether this is the right medicine for you .
Taking other medicines:
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. Some medicines may interact with Aspendos and may need your doctor may change the dose you are taking.
It is particularly important to tell your doctor if you are taking any of these products while taking Aspendos :
- Hormonal contraceptives (including contraceptive pills , implants, intrauterine devices ) . As modafinil may reduce their effectiveness , discuss with your doctor about your other appropriate protective equipment during the use of modafinil and for two months after cessation of treatment.
- Omeprazole (medicine for acid reflux, indigestion or ulcers) .
- Anti-viral drugs for the treatment of HIV ( protease inhibitors such as indinavir and ritonavir) .
- Ciclosporin (used for the prevention of organ rejection in transplants , or for arthritis and psoriasis ) .
- Medicines for epilepsy ( such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital or phenytoin) .
- Medicines for depression ( amitripilin , citalopram or fluoxetine) or anxiety ( such as diazepam ) .
- Medicines to thin the blood (such as warfarin ) .
Your doctor will monitor blood clotting time of your blood during treatment . Calcium channel blockers and beta -blockers used to treat high blood pressure or heart problems ( such as amlodipine , verapamil or propranalol ) .
- Beddings used to lower blood cholesterol ( such as atorvastatin or simvastatin) .
Pregnancy and lactation
If you are pregnant , think you may be pregnant or nursing should not take Aspendos . It is not known whether Aspendos can harm your child.
Discuss with your doctor suitable methods to prevent pregnancy while taking Aspendos ( in the first two months after cessation of treatment) or if you have additional questions.
Driving and using machines
Aspendos can cause blurred vision, dizziness , or 1 in 10 people. If you experience these symptoms or find that when taking this medicine continue to feel drowsy , do not drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Aspendos - lactose
Aspendos tablets contain lactose as an ingredient . If your doctor said that you have an intolerance to some sugars , you should discuss this before taking this product.
HOW TO TAKE Aspendos ?
Always take Aspendos exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Tablets must be swallowed whole with water.
The usual dose is 200 mg daily. It can be administered once (in the morning ), or divided into two doses per day (100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at midday) . In some cases your doctor may increase the dose you are taking up to 400 mg daily.
Elderly (over 65 years):
The usual dose is 100 mg daily. It can be administered once (in the morning ), or divided into two doses per day (50 mg in the morning and 50 mg pm) . Your doctor will increase your dose ( up to a maximum of 400 mg) only if you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
Adults suffering from serious liver and kidney disease : The usual daily dose is 100 mg daily.
Your doctor will monitor you regularly to check that the dose you are taking is most suitable for you.
If you take more than the amount of Aspendos :
If you accidentally take too many tablets you may feel nausea, restlessness , disorientation, or anxiety. Furthermore, you may find it hard to fall asleep , get diarrhea , hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there) , chest pain , change in heart rate or blood pressure increase .
Immediately contact your doctor or go to the emergency unit of the nearest hospital . Always carry a pack of medication with you .
If you forget to take Aspendos :
If you forget to take Aspendos , take the next dose at the usual time. Do not take two doses at the same time to make up the missed dose.
If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS :
Like all medicines Aspendos may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
Stop taking this medication and tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, mouth or throat.
- Rash or itching (especially affecting the whole body ) . Serious rashes can cause blistering or peeling of the skin , mouth ulcers , eyes , nose or genitals. You may have a high temperature (fever) and false results of blood tests.
Change in your mental state. Symptoms may include :
• Changes in mood or thinking
• Aggressiveness or hostility
• Forgetfulness or confusion
• Feeling too happy
• agitation or hyperactivity
• Anxiety or nervousness
• Depression, suicidal thoughts or behavior
• agitation or psychosis (loss of contact with reality , which may include vision and hearing things that are not there) , a sense of invulnerability or stiffness, or personality disorders.
Other side effects of the use of modafinil can be:
Very common side effects (affects more than 1 in 10 patients):
Common side effects ( affects less than 1 in 10 patients):
- Drowsiness, excessive fatigue or trouble sleeping ( insomnia)
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat
- Chest Pain
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite, nausea , stomach pain, digestive problems ,
diarrhea or constipation
- Numbness or tingling of hands or feet ( pins and needles )
- Blurred vision
- Abnormal results of liver blood tests ( elevated liver enzymes)
Uncommon side effects ( affects less than 1 in 100 patients):
- Back pain , neck pain , muscle pain , muscle weakness , muscle cramps in the legs , a general feeling of pain, twitching or tremors .
- Vertigo (dizziness ) .
- Difficulty muscle movement or other mobility problems, muscle tension , problems with coordination.
- Symptoms of hay fever, which include itchy / runny nose or watery eyes
- Increased cough , asthma or shortness of breath .
- Skin rash , acne or itchy skin
- Changes in blood pressure ( increase or decrease ) , abnormal results of tests of the heart ( ECG) , irregular or unusually slow heartbeat
- Difficulties in swallowing, swollen tongue or mouth ulcers
- Flatulence , reflux (return of gastric fluid) , increased appetite , change in weight , thirst or taste changes
- Feeling sick (vomiting)
- Disturbances in speech
- Diabetes with high blood sugar
- Increased blood cholesterol
- Swelling of the hands and feet
- Restless sleep or abnormal dreams
- Loss of sexual desire
- Bleeding from the nose, dry throat or inflammation of the nasal passages ( sinuses )
- Impaired vision or dry eyes
- Abnormal urination or frequent urination than usual
- Abnormal menstrual cycle
- Impair blood test results , which show that there is a change in the number of white blood cells
If any of these effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
HOW TO STORE Aspendos ?
Keep out of reach of children. Store below 30 ° C
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the carton and on each blister . The expiry date is the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment.
What does Aspendos :
The active substance is modafinil (modafinil). Each tablet contains 100 mg of modafinil .
The other ingredients ( excipients ) are lactose monohydrate, maize starch , croscarmellose sodium ( E 468 ) , magnesium aluminum silicate , povidone K 90 (E 1201 ) , talc ( F 553Y ) , magnesium stearate (E 527 ) .