Amitriptyline. 25 mg. 60 tablets
Amitriptyline. 25 mg. 60 tablets
Amitriptyline VALEANT WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED
VALEANT Amitriptyline is an antidepressant . The exact mechanism of action is unknown , but it is presumed that it influences the formation of certain chemicals in the brain ( primarily norepinephrine and serotonin) and reinforces the holding of certain nerve impulses . Furthermore antidepressant effect , it has a calming effect.
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE amitriptyline VALEANT
Do not take amitriptyline VALEANT
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to amitriptyline or any of the other ingredients of amitriptyline VALEANT ;
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to benzodiazepines ;
• if you have had an acute myocardial infarction, disorders of the atrioventricular conduction, heart rhythm disorders , angina pectoris ;
• if you have manic agitation, severe liver disease and porphyria ( increased formation and release of substances called porphyrins with various neurological and cutaneous manifestations ) ;
• concomitantly with MAO inhibitors ( a group of medicines that inhibit the enzyme monoamine oxidase ) and the first two weeks after stopping treatment with these medicines ;
• pregnancy, during lactation , and in children and adolescents under 16 years.
Take special care with amitriptyline VALEANT
• If you have bipolar affective disorder ( use of amitriptyline can lead to exacerbation of manic phase) ;
• If you have schizophrenia ( may appear exacerbation of disease resulting from the use of amitriptyline ) ;
• If you have enlarged prostate gland ( difficulty in urination may increase ) ;
• If you have narrow-angle glaucoma ( intraocular pressure may be increased ) ;
• If you have delayed gastro - intestinal patency ;
• If you have epilepsy ( during treatment may occur exacerbation of the disease , the use of this product in this group of patients may require increasing doses of antiepileptic drugs ) ;
• If you have liver disease ( increased risk of accumulation of amitriptyline and symptoms of overdose ) ;
• If you have hyperthyroidism ( underactive thyroid gland) , and patients treated with thyroid hormones ( in these patients the effects of amitriptyline are enhanced and therefore may need to adjust the dose ) .
In patients about to undergo surgery , amitriptyline VALEANT must be stopped a few days prior to surgery. If you need surgery to be done immediately , the anesthetist should be informed that the patient is treated with amitriptyline . Not recommended to electroshock therapy in patients treated with amitriptyline because of the risk of an increase in complaints related to treatment.
Taking other medicines
Amitriptyline VALEANT should not be administered concurrently with the pharmaceutical products in the MAO inhibitor and the first two weeks after the interruption thereof ( there is a risk of occurrence of hypertension, hyperthermia and convulsions ) and a sympathomimetic agents such as epinephrine, norepinephrine , isoprenaline , ephedrine , phenylephrine , and phenylpropanolamine .
To a group of medicines that can interact with amitriptyline VALEANT includes the following medicinal products:
• holinolititsi and thyroid hormones ( thyroid hormone ) ;
• means of the central nervous system depressants , barbiturates , benzodiazepines, phenothiazine derivatives , narcotic analgesics, non-narcotic analgesics, antihistamines , and alcohol ;
• sympatholytic agents such as clonidine and guanitidin ;
• disulfiram ;
• medicines that slow metabolism of amitriptyline , and quinidine, cimetidine , certain antidepressants , phenothiazine derivatives , inhibitors of serotonin reuptake , type 1C antiarrhythmics ( propafenone and among them flekanid ) ;
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Taking amitriptyline VALEANT with food and drink
The medicine may be taken regardless of meals.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Used during pregnancy only when , in the judgment of the physician the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
This medicinal product must not be used during breastfeeding .
Driving and using machines
Not shocked because the medicine can cause impaired concentration, and drowsiness. Do not use any tools or machines, because the medicine can cause impaired concentration, and drowsiness.
Important information about some of the ingredients of amitriptyline VALEANT
This medicinal product contains lactose and sucrose.
If you have an intolerance to some sugars, consult your doctor before taking amitriptyline VALEANT .
3 . HOW TO TAKE amitriptyline VALEANT
Always take amitriptyline VALEANT exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• Adults and children over 16 years:
Treatment usually begins with the administration of 50 mg to 100 mg daily as a single dose assigned bedtime or in divided doses .
Thereafter, the dosage is gradually increased to achieve effectiveness . The highest dose used in outpatient treatment was 200 mg daily. After achieving a clinical benefit, the amount of product should gradually be reduced to the lowest effective dose (typically 50 mg to 100 mg daily).
Medicinal product shall be administered in divided doses (2-4 times daily) or as a single dose taken in the evening , so soothing and hypnotic effect (50 mg to 100 mg at bedtime ) .
• Patients over 65
Treatment should be initiated with a dose of 25 mg to 75 mg daily. Since the likelihood of adverse reactions is greater doses of the product should be increased carefully supervised . In this group of patients, the therapeutic effect may be achieved with doses lower half of those used in young patients .
• Children and adolescents under 16 years
This medicinal product must not be used.
To reduce the possibility of relapse , the recommended duration of treatment is 3 to 6 months.
If you take an overdose of amitriptyline VALEANT
When the product is overdose toxic symptoms develop rapidly , usually within a few hours .
During overdose may appear life-threatening symptoms such as cardiac and respiratory dysfunction , and loss of consciousness, transient visual hallucinations, impaired concentration , disorientation, heart failure , low body temperature, dilation of the pupils , impaired ocular motility, drop in blood pressure , acute idiopathic polyneuritis ( paralysis of respiratory neurons ) , intestinal dysfunction , coma and seizures. Man who overdosed product should seek medical attention to be held , if necessary, appropriate treatment (including entry into hospital, emesis , administration of activated charcoal treatment of the symptoms of overdose ) .
If you forget to take amitriptyline VALEANT
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet. If a dose is missed , it should be taken as soon as possible . However, if the time for your next dose , the missed dose should be skipped .
If you stop taking amitriptyline VALEANT
Abrupt discontinuation of treatment, especially after a long period of acceptance of the product may induce various side effects . To avoid this , it is recommended the product be discontinued gradually.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, VALEANT Amitriptyline can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
Adverse reactions associated with holinolitichnoto properties:
Reduced salivary secretion and related dry mouth and susceptibility to dental caries , increased sweating, accommodation disorders , fundus , increased intraocular pressure, difficulty urinating (especially men) , constipation, paralytic ileus ( bowel obstruction due to suppression of motility ) . Therefore, an age-related deterioration of the parasympathetic system , the probability of occurrence of the above events is greater for patients in the elderly.
Adverse effects on blood circulation :
Increased or decreased blood pressure , orthostatic hypotension, tachycardia , palpitations, heart attack , abnormal heart rhythm disorders predsardnokamernata conductivity ischemic stroke.
Adverse effects on the central and peripheral nervous system:
Confusion , impaired concentration, confusion , hallucinations, hypomania , insomnia , psychomotor agitation , anxiety , drowsiness, nightmares , feelings of numbness of extremities, chills and presteziya in the limbs , peripheral neuropathy , ataxia, tremor , generalized seizures, coma, the EEG deterioration , involuntary movements, and extrapyramidal syndrome expressed in involuntary movements, dyskinesia, tinnitus, dizziness, fatigue , weakness , headache, visual disturbances .
Disorders of the hematopoietic system :
Bone marrow failure with concomitant agranulocytosis, leukopenia , eosinophilia, thrombocytopenia -ing and bleeding diathesis .
Gastro - intestinal tract :
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, inflammation of the mouth , black tongue , unpleasant taste ( metallic taste ) , soft stools, swelling of the salivary glands , hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice.
Endocrine disorders :
Swelling of the testicles , gynecomastia , menstrual disorders, breast enlargement and galactorrhea (profuse spontaneous leakage of milk from the mammary glands ) in women, increased or decreased libido , impotence, increased or decreased blood sugar levels , abnormal secretion of antidiuretic hormone ( syndrome Schwartz-Bartter).
Symptoms of hypersensitivity to the drug :
Kozhni rashes , urticaria, photodermatosis , swelling of face and tongue .
Frequent urination, hair loss , excessive or insufficient appetite , running or weight loss.
Special attention should be paid in the initial period of use of amitriptyline VALEANT (2 to 4 weeks after initiation of treatment) , as during this period the risk that patients make suicide attempts is higher .
If any of the side effects gets serious , or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5 . HOW TO STORE amitriptyline VALEANT
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not store above 25 ° C.
• Store in original container.
• Do not use amitriptyline VALEANT after the expiry date stated on the carton.
• Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required . These measures will help to protect the environment.
6 . ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
What does amitriptyline VALEANT
Amitriptyline 25 mg VALEANT
• The active substance is amitriptilinov hydrochloride, 25 mg / tablet
• The other ingredients are:
For the core : Lactose , starch , magnesium stearate , povidone .
Sheath : Eudragit E 100 , sucrose, talc , gum arabic , Cochineal red (E 124) , brilliant black .
Looks like amitriptyline VALEANT and contents of the pack
Coated tablets 25 mg : light red, round and biconvex .
Pack sizes: 3 blisters of 20 coated tablets in a carton.