Acyclovir. 400 mg. 10 tablets
Acyclovir. 400 mg. 10 tablets
Acyclovir is a synthetic Actavis antiviral product which acts on the human herpes virus , and varicella ditomegalovirusa . After several passes it inhibits the conversion of the viral DNA her full inhibit cell infection.
• Treatment of infections of the skin and mucous membranes , including primary and recurrent genital herpes caused by Herpes simplex BHpyc (HSV-lHHSV- 2 ) ;
• Suppression of recurrence in recurrent infections caused by Herpes simplex virus in patients with preserved immunity;
• treatment of varicella and Herpes zoster, caused by Varicella zoster virus (VZV);
• Treatment of severe immune deficiency in patients with advanced HIV infection and those with end-stage disease or after bone - marrow transplantation ;
• prophylaxis of herpes viral infections.
INFORMATION . REQUIRED BEFORE USE
• Hypersensitivity to the product;
• Pregnancy and lactation .
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
In patients treated with high doses of Acyclovir Actavis is necessary to maintain adequate fluid intake .
Coadministration of probenecid and cimetidine may lead to a reduction of renal clearance product.
SPECIAL WARNINGS FOR USE IN SPECIFIC PATIENT GROUPS
In elderly patients is necessary to maintain adequate water balance and dose reduction.
Pregnancy and lactation
The product is used during pregnancy only after rigorous risk / benefit assessment . A high product concentration in breast milk. For this reason, the product is used with caution in nursing mothers .
EFFECTS ON THE ABILITY TO DRIVE AND USE MACHINES
Actavis acyclovir does not affect the ability to drive and use machines.
INFORMATION FOR PROPER USE DOSAGE
• patients with infections caused by Herpes simplex virus - 200 mg 5 times per day for four hours , for five days, but in severe infections , treatment may be continued ;
• In patients with severe immune deficiency (after bone marrow transplantation or in patients with impaired absorption from the gut) - 400 mg five times a day in four hours ;
• For patients at risk of infection by Herpes simplex, genital herpes , and including , 200 mg is administered two to four times a day for 6 months , i.e., while there is a risk of herpes infection . In infections caused by Herpes zoster apply 800mg every 5 hours for 7 days.
For the prophylaxis and treatment of herpes infection in children over 2 . Age using the same dose as adults. In children under 2 years of age applied the product was 200 mg or 20 mg / kg four times a day for 5 days ;
• In patients with renal impairment , the dose should be reduced according to creatinine clearance. When renal function is the interval between doses is extended - with creatinine clearance below 50 ml / min interval is extended from 8 to 12 hours without a dose reduction ; with creatinine clearance 10-0 ml / mm / l, 73 t 3 dose was halved , and the interval between doses is extended to 24 hours;
• In elderly patients is necessary to maintain adequate water balance and dose reduction.
Application of the product should be initiated as soon as possible after the onset of early infection. Upon recurrence is best to begin with during the prodromal stage .
ACTION OF OVERDOSE
In case of accidental overdose repeated over several days are observed symptoms such as nausea , vomiting and headache . Risk of crystallization of the product in the renal tubules. It is necessary to maintain a constant and adequate diuresis while receiving the product. Chronic poisoning must be considered for hemodialysis for the removal of the product.
During treatment with the product may occur the following side effects :
• On behalf of the gastrointestinal tract - nausea , vomiting, diarrhea , stomach pain ;
• On the side of the blood - low red and white blood cells and platelets ;
• Allergic reactions - skin rashes, photosensitivity, rarely anaphylaxis ;
• On behalf of the urinary system - elevated creatinine and urea ;
• On the side of the liver - reversible increases in liver enzymes;
• Neurological - headache , dizziness , hallucinations, lethargy ;
• General - fatigue and muscle weakness.
At temperatures below 25 ° C. Keep out of reach of children!
Two (2 ) years.
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the package .