Aciclovir 400 mg. 10 tablets
Actavis Aciclovir is a synthetic antiviral product that works on human herpes, chickenpox and ditomegalovirusa. After passing several transformations it inhibits the viral DNA then place inhibits cell infection.
• Treatment of infections of the skin and mucous membranes, including primary and recurrent genital herpes caused by Herpes simplex BHpyc (HSV-lHHSV-2);
• Suppression of recurrence in recurrent infections caused by Herpes simplex virus in patients with preserved immunity;
• Treatment of varicella and Herpes zoster, caused by Varicella zoster virus (VZV);
• Treatment of severe immune deficiency in patients with advanced HIV infection and those with end-stage disease or after bone-marrow transplantation;
• prevention of herpes viral infections.
INFORMATION. REQUIRED BEFORE USE
• Hypersensitivity to the product;
• Pregnancy and lactation.
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
In patients treated with high doses of Aciclovir Actavis is necessary to maintain adequate fluid intake.
DRUG INTERACTIONS AND OTHER
Concurrent administration of probenecid and cimetidine may reduce the renal clearance of the product.
SPECIAL WARNINGS FOR USE IN SPECIFIC GROUPS OF PATIENTS
In elderly patients is necessary to maintain adequate water balance and reduce dose.
Pregnancy and lactation
The product is used during pregnancy only after strict risk / benefit assessment. A high concentration of the product in human milk. For this reason the product is used with caution in nursing mothers.
EFFECTS ON THE ABILITY TO DRIVE AND USE MACHINES
Actavis Aciclovir does not affect the ability to drive and use machines.
INFORMATION FOR PROPER USE DOSAGE
• For patients with infections caused by Herpes simplex virus - 200 mg 5 times per day for four hours, for five days, but in severe infections, treatment may be continued;
• In patients with severe immune deficiency (after bone marrow transplantation or in patients with impaired absorption from the gut) - 400 mg five times daily for four hours;
• For patients at risk of infection by Herpes simplex, including genital herpes, is administered 200 mg two to four times a day for 6 months, i.e., while there is a risk of herpes infection. In infections caused by Herpes zoster apply 800mg every 5 hours for 7 days.
For the prophylaxis and treatment of herpes infection in children over 2 years of age using the same dose as adults. In children under 2 years of age the product is administered 200 mg or 20 mg / kg four times a day for 5 days;
• In patients with renal insufficiency, the dose should be reduced according to creatinine clearance. When renal function is the interval between doses is extended - if creatinine clearance below 50 ml / min interval is extended from 8 to 12 hours without a dose reduction; if creatinine clearance 10-0 ml / mm / l, 73 t 3 dose was halved, and the interval between doses is extended to 24 hours;
• In elderly patients is necessary to maintain adequate water balance and reduce dose.
The product should be initiated as soon as possible after the start of early infection. Upon recurrence is best to begin with during the prodromal period.
In case of accidental overdose repeated over several days, symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and headache. There is a risk of crystallization of the product in the renal tubules. It is necessary to maintain a constant and adequate diuresis while receiving the product. Chronic poisoning should be considered for hemodialysis for the removal of the product.
During treatment with the product may experience the following side effects:
• On behalf of the gastrointestinal tract - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain;
• On the side of the blood - low number of red and white blood cells and platelets;
• Allergic reactions - skin rashes, photosensitivity, rarely anaphylaxis;
• On the part of the urinary system - elevated creatinine and urea;
• On the side of the liver - reversible increases in liver enzymes;
• Neurological - headache, dizziness, hallucinations, drowsiness;
• General - fatigue and muscle weakness.
At temperatures below 25 ° C. Keep out of reach of children!
2 (two) years.
Do not use after the expiry date stated on the package.