ATEHEXAL. 100 mg. 30 tablets
ATEHEXAL. 100 mg. 30 tablets
What is the active ingredient?
1 film-coated tablet contains 100 mg atenolol.
What else AteHEXAL contain 100 tablets?
Gelatin, lactose monohydrate, heavy main magnesium carbonate, magnesium stearate, maize starch, sodium dodecyl sulfate, macrogol 6000, hypromellose, titanium dioxide color.
Tip for diabetics:
1 tablet contains less than 0.01 carbohydrate units.
Formulation and packaging:
TabletkiOriginalna film containing 30, 50 and 100 tablets
What AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
Beta-adrenergic blocking agent.
What is it used AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
AteHEXAL100 apply to;
- Coronary artery disease (chronic stable angina or unstable angina pectoris in coexistence fast heartbeat or increased blood pressure)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
When you must not take AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
AteHEKSAL 100 should not be used in:
- Hypersensitivity to atenolol, other beta-adrenergic blockers or any of the other ingredients of the product
- Weakness of the heart muscle (overt cardiac failure)
- Conduct disorder from the upper chambers of the heart (AV-block H "and Nga nd degree)
- Sinus node disease (sick sinus syndrome node)
- Abnormal conduction between the sinus node and atria of the heart (sinoatrial block)
- Resting heart rate below 50 beats per minute before treatment (bradycardia)
- Significantly reduced blood pressure (hypotension, systolic blood pressure below 90 mmHg)
- Increased acidity of the blood (acidosis)
- Tendency to bronchial spasms (bronchial hyperreactivity, eg. Asthma)
- Late stages of peripheral blood flow disorders
- Co-administration of an MAO inhibitor (except MAO B) inhibitors (drugs for the treatment of depression)
- Untreated phaeochromocytoma (hormone-producing tumor of the adrenal gland)
Intravenous administration of calcium antagonists from the group consisting of verapamil and diltiazem, or other antiarrhythmic drugs (such as disopyramide) in patients treated with AteHEXAL ® is contra-indicated (except for acute treatment).
In which case you can apply AteHEXAL 100 tablets only after consulting a doctor?
In the following conditions, you can receive AteHEKSAL ® 100tabletki only iziklyuchitelno attention. Please consult your doctor. This also applies if you have any of these conditions in the past.
AteHEKSAL100 can be used only after careful evaluation of the benefit / risk ratio in the following cases:
- Delays impulse conduction of the cardiac atria to the ventricles (AV-block I-st degree)
- Patients suffering from diabetes mellitus with strongly varying amounts of glucose (the conditions for a significant decrease in blood sugar)
- Continuous strict diet and heavy exercise (there are a noticeable decrease in blood glucose)
- Patients with hormone-producing tumor of the adrenal medulla (pheochromocytoma, it is necessary to conduct pre-treatment with alpha-blockers)
- Patients with impaired renal function (see "Dosage, route and duration of administration")
- Patients with psoriasis in their personal and family medical history
In patients suffering from overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), clinical symptoms of thyrotoxicosis may be masked (e.g., tachycardia, tremor) during therapy with AteHEKSAL 100. Patients with vasospastic angina (Prinzmetal's Prinzmetal) atenolol can increase the number and duration of attacks of pain in the area of the heart, due to contraction of blood vessels as a result of the absence of adverse effect on alpha receptors.
AteHEXAL 100 is a selective beta-blocker, which is why its use can be considered, but only the strictly necessary, and careful monitoring of patients. Mutatis caution in patients with mild abnormalities in peripheral blood flow
What special precautions should be taken?
Beta-adrenergic blocking agents may increase the sensitivity to allergens and severity of hypersensitivity reactions, e. general acute allergic reactions. In patients with severe hypersensitivity reactions in their medical history, as well as in patients on therapy for weight loss and suppression of allergic reactivity (desensitization therapy) may occur serious anaphylactic reactions). Since the warning signs of low blood sugar - mainly fast heart beat (tachycardia) and shaking of fingers (tremor) may be masked in patients with diabetes mellitus and therefore requires regular monitoring of blood zahar.Kogato wear contact lenses you should consider the possibility of reduced salzoobrazuvane. As with severe renal dysfunction observed worsening of renal function in individual cases in patients treated with other beta-adrenergic blockers, AteHEKSAL 100 should be used only with adequate monitoring of renal function. Since therapy with other beta-adrenergic blocking agents may occur severe hepatic impairment, liver function values should be monitored at regular intervals during treatment with AteHEKSAL 100.Tay as during therapy with other beta-adrenergic blocking agents may occur small punctate hemorrhages in the skin and mucous membranes, with or without a simultaneous decrease in platelets (thrombocytopenic purpura or netrombotsitopenichna), it is necessary to pay attention to such symptoms during therapy AteHEKSAL 100.Ednovremennoto application AteHEKSAL 100 and calcium antagonists from the group of verapamil or diltiazem or other antiarrhythmics (such as disopyramide) requires careful monitoring of the patient, as it may not be a strong drop in blood pressure (hypotension), appreciably slow heart rate (bradycardia) or other arrhythmias. After abrupt discontinuation of clonidine and concomitant AteHEKSAL 100 blood pressure can sharply increase. Therefore, treatment with clonidine may be suspended only if the application of AteHEKSAL 100 was suspended a few days before. Then clonidine can be stopped gradually.
Other products that interfere with the effect of AteHEXAL 100 tablets or can be influenced by the product?
You must tell your doctor if you take other medicines produkti.Opisani following drug interactions when administering AteHEKSAL 100:
- Medicines that lower blood pressure, drainage products (diuretics), vasodilator substances (vasodilators), tricyclic antidepressants, barbiturates, phenothiazines: raising-lowering effect of AteHEKSAL 100 on blood pressure
- Drugs used in heart rhythm (antiarrhythmics): increase the effect of a weakening of the heart (cardiodepressive effect) of AteHEKSAL 100
- Calcium antagonists of the verapamil group and diltiazem, and other antiarrhythmics (eg dizopiramidU. Increased drop in blood pressure (hypotension), significantly slow heart rate (bradycardia) or other arrhythmias
- Calcium antagonists nifedipine from the group of: enhanced reduction in blood pressure and in some cases it is possible that a weakness of the heart muscle (heart failure)
- Cardiac glycosides, reserpine, alpha-methyldopa, guanfacine, clonidine: significantly slow heart rate, cardiac conduction delay
- Medicines that lower blood sugar by mouth, insulin: enhance the blood glucose lowering effect of AteHEKSAL 100. Warning symptoms of low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia) - especially tachycardia and tremor of the fingers (tremor) are masked or reduced
- Norepinephrine, epinephrine: possibly excessive increase in blood pressure anti-inflammatory drugs (eg, indomethacin): The blood pressure lowering effect of AteHEKSAL 100 may be reduced
- Drugs, anesthetics: strong drop in blood pressure, increased cardiodepressive effect (negative inotropic effect); anesthetist should be informed about the therapy AteHEKSAL 100
- Peripheral muscle relaxants (eg suksametoniev halide tubocurarine): the strengthening and extension of the muscle-relaxant effect resulting from the application of AteHEKSAL 100 (anesthetist should be informed about the therapy AteHEKSAL 100)
Please note that these data refer also to the recently adopted produkti.Kakvi medicinal foods and spices you should avoid?
No evidence of foods and spices should be avoided.
What should I take into account children and adults with use of AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
Children should not be treated with AteHEKSAL 100 due to lack of sufficient data. Dosage in the elderly (over 65 years) should be adjusted according to the extent of any impairment of renal function (see "Dosage, route and duration of administration").
What special precautions should be taken during pregnancy and lactation?
You should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or karmite.AteHEKSAL100 can be used during pregnancy only after rigorous assessment of the benefit / risk ratio. Newborns should be monitored for signs of beta-blockade at least 48 hours after birth. Atenolol accumulates in milk and reached a higher concentration than that of maternal blood. Therefore breast-feeding is necessary especially careful monitoring of the child's physician regarding the effects of beta-blockade.
What to be aware when driving or operating machinery or insecure (eg climbing stairs)?
Treatment with this product requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Because of individual differences reactions, the reactivity can be reduced so that the ability to drive, operate machinery or work in precarious situations may be impaired. This is especially true for the beginning of treatment with this medicine, promotion or change of dosage as well as in combination with alcohol.
Dose, route and duration of administration:
Unless otherwise prescribed by AteHEKSAL 100 tablets from your doctor recommends the following dosages. Please adhere to the instructions for use, as otherwise AteHEKSAL 100 tablets will not work correctly.
How much and how often you can take AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
Coronary artery disease (chronic stable angina or unstable angina) 1/2-1 tablet AteHEKSAL 100 once daily (corresponding to 50-100 mg atenolol).
Increased blood pressure
At the start of treatment 1/2 tablet AteHEKSAL 100 once daily (corresponding to 50 mg of atenolol). If necessary, the daily dose may be increased after a week to 1 tablet QD AteHEKSAL 100 (corresponding to 100 mg of atenolol). In case of a drop in heart rate and / or when the blood pressure requiring treatment or other complications occur, treatment with AteHEKSAL 100 should be discontinued immediately.
In patients with impaired renal function, dosage of atenolol should be determined depending on the renal clearance: if creatinine clearance is reduced to values 10-30 ml / min (serum creatinine less than 1.2-5 mg / dl), recommended dose is halved. If creatinine clearance below 10 ml / min (serum creatinine> 5 mg / dl), the standard recommended dose be reduced to one quarter.
When and how you can take AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
The film-coated tablets should be swallowed and not chewed with sufficient liquid (eg a glass of water) before eating.
How long you can apply AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
The duration of treatment can be determined by the attending physician.
What should I do if AteHEXAL 100 tablets was adopted in very large quantities (intentional or unintentional overdose)?
Depending on the extent of possible overdose symptoms: fatigue, dizziness, increased sweating, visual disturbances, drowsiness, loss of consciousness, vomiting, slowing of the heart to cardiac arrest, myocardial failure, cardiogenic shock, difficulty breathing and rarely generalized seizures . In case of suspected overdose serious you need medical help!
What should you do if you take more than the prescribed dose AteHEXAL 100 tablets or you forget to take the product?
You should not take a double dose after administration and continuing treatment prescribed doza.Kakvo need to know if you have discontinued or have it terminated prematurely? Treatment may be discontinued or the dosage changed only with a prescription. If you need to break the prolonged treatment with AteHEKSAL100 dosage should be reduced slowly and gradually as abrupt termination can lead to reduced blood flow to the heart (cardiac ischemia) with a further deterioration of angina pectoris or may lead to myocardial infarction or re-increased blood nalyagane.Ryazkoto discontinuation of AteHEKSAL 100 may lead to a further deterioration of hyperthyroidism (hyperthyreosis) in patients suffering from an increased activity of the thyroid gland.
What side effects can cause the application of AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
Rare, especially in early treatment can be observed disorders of the central nervous system such as fatigue, dizziness, headache, visual disturbances, sweating, drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, psychosis, nightmares or increased activity of dreaming, sleep disorders and depressive disorders mood. Rarely a significant decrease in blood n'alyagane (hypotension), significantly slow heart rate (bradycardia), fainting (syncope), impaired atrioventricular conduction and a worsening of cardiac nedostatachnost.V individual cases among patients suffering from spasm of pain in the area of the heart (angina) can not be excluded enhancing cardiac pristapi.Ryadko may experience temporary gastrointestinal complaints (nausea, vomiting, constipation, and diarrhea). may rarely occur allergic skin reactions (redness, itching, rash). Rarely, numbness and a feeling of numbness and coldness of the extremities (paresthesia); rare muscle weakness or muscle cramps. There have been complaints strengthening in patients with disorders of peripheral blood flow - including patients with spasm of the arteries in the fingers (Raynaud's disease). As a result of the potentially increased resistance to respiratory patients who may be predisposed to the bronchospastic effects (especially those with obstructive pulmonary disease), can be prepared in dishaneto.Ryadko difficulties may occur dry mouth, or conjunctivitis salzoobrazuvane reduced. In rare cases, diabetes mellitus, who was not identified, signs or existing diabetes may suffer.
After long periods of strict dieting or heavy exercise therapy AteHEKSAL100 can lead to low blood sugar (hypoglycemic conditions). Warning symptoms of low blood sugar - especially increased heart rate (tachycardia) and shaking of fingers (tremor) may be maskirani.V occasionally beta-adrenergic blockers (eg AteHEXAL100) can cause psoriasis to worsen the symptoms of this disease or result in psoriasiform skin changes (rash). There have been some cases of disorders of the libido and impotentnost.Po during treatment with AteHEKSAL 100 may occur disturbances in lipid metabolism. In patients with most normal levels of total cholesterol were observed lowering of HDL-C and increased levels of plasma triglitseridite.Pri patients suffering from overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), clinical symptoms of thyrotoxicosis may be masked (e. tachycardia, tremor) during therapy with AteHEKSAL 100.
What measures should be taken in relation to the side effects?
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
The shelf-life of the drug is printed on the packaging. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
How should I store AteHEXAL 100 tablets?
Protect from light and moisture! Keep out of the reach of children!